What's new

Parsis in Pakistan: Beloved but left behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
@padamchen The Parsi demonstrate in the most vigorous and powerful way one fact. That unashamedly copyiny the best attributes of western culture will create a winning formula. Can you imagine if rest of Pakistan had taken in British culture like Parsi did? By now Pakistan would be a global superpower.

The only other non Europeans to have copied the west as successfully as Parsi are Turks, Japanese, Singaporans, South Koreans, Taiwanese, Chinese. And look at them.

I guess opportunists is the right word to use for Parsis. Well, good for them I guess.

Damn, they are super fast, if it doesn't go their way. I guess, they have gypsy kind of mentality. No permanent country to call it "their home". Again, good for them.

There is a reason Karachi has oly a Daar-e-Meher flame and not even an Agyari. In spite of at one time being a sister city of Bombay that was built by the Parsis.

Your comment justifies the decision of our elders.

Ushta te.

Cheers, Doc

@padamchen The Parsi demonstrate in the most vigorous and powerful way one fact. That unashamedly copyiny the best attributes of western culture will create a winning formula. Can you imagine if rest of Pakistan had taken in British culture like Parsi did? By now Pakistan would be a global superpower.

The only other non Europeans to have copied the west as successfully as Parsi are Turks, Japanese, Singaporans, South Koreans, Taiwanese, Chinese. And look at them.

You are giving them way too much of a credit. I would say, our Ismailies are much successful than the parsis. A fair comparison to Parsis would be with the jews, see where are the jews and than judge Parsis compared to them.

You are giving them way too much of a credit. I would say, our Ismailies are much successful than the parsis. A fair comparison to Parsis would be with the jews, see where are the jews and than judge Parsis compared to them.

There are 25 million Jews in the world.

At their peak there were only 150,000 Parsis at the turn of the 17th century.

You're not very bright.

Cheers, Doc

Yeah, definitely my fault for you being low in numbers. It wasn't about 1:1 comparison, it was more about success in relation to population. Not bright huh?

Your money??

Anyone who studies at parsi schools pays their fees which is pretty high as compared to others

Sit down fire worshipping pajeet

Yes our money. Which built the schools that educate you.

So you pay fees.

Should I dance with joy?

Who is supposed to pay the teachers and staff?

Cheers, Doc

Sad to see the decline of our Parsi brothers and sisters. At least there’s quite a few here in the U.K.

Did you happen to read the piece on Parsis and Hindutva I posted as a thread that for some reason was locked (don't know why or what pdf rule it broke)?

That thread should be really illuminating fir you vis a vis the talk we once had about Parsis and Hindutva ....

When I told you not to go by what a few UK based Parsis thought or said in front of you.

The true power center has always been India and increasingly now the US.

Cheers, Doc

Yes our money. Which built the schools that educate you.

So you pay fees.

Should I dance with joy?

Who is supposed to pay the teachers and staff?

Cheers, Doc

You do realize, its a form of a business? Or the owner of schools don't earn anything?(don't know which school you are particularly talking about but if he paid fees than it won't be some charity school) Do you feel the same about every type of business or is it only limited to schools?

It seems the Parsis are facing issues of survival everywhere. I suppose being a smaller community in Pakistan, it just makes it a little harder to keep the community together.

Quaid e Azam receiving a casket from Ardeshir Hormuzjee Mama, former Mayor & co-founder, Mama Parsi Girls High School Karachi on his visit to Parsi Colony on 3rd Feb 1948.

1615233494949.png

Picture originally posted by @ghazi52

Last edited:
If you gauge success by how many there is in each community and then referance that with their achievements you will find Parsi are even ahead of Jews leave alone the Ismaili's who come well below and their impact is very restricred. The resident PDF Parsi I think addressed this point well.

There are 25 million Jews in the world.

You're not very bright.

Cheers, Doc

Philanthropy by wealthy Parsis.

How many schools are run by wealthy Muslims for all communities in comparison?

I honestly have never seen ONE.

Same for colleges and universities.

Medical. Engineering.

This is your land.

Why do you not give back to it if a small group of is who cane feom another land love it so much as to do so much for her?

Which land and people are you saving this tight fisted love of yours for buddy?

Why are we not good enough for you.

What is our mistake?

That we do not face in a certain direction and pray?

Cheers, Doc

The Parsi take in Western attributes without any shame. Surnames or forenames are copied from British as easily as the Chinese do. Jack Ma, Ardeshir Engineer, Jamshed Marker, Lucy Liu, Mark Wang, Mike Zhang , Junaid Merchant etc

Both are cultural appropriations that took place as part of each community adjusting to the modern world dominated by the west.

"Chinese people began to give themselves English names after the Reform and Opening Up in the late 1970s, when they were exposed increasingly to western cultures. For many, English names are informal haos that represent another layer of identity."

We don't do kaffirs. Sorry.

I honestly have never seen ONE.

Same for colleges and universities.

Medical. Engineering.

This is your land.

I think Azim Premji has some monies into philanthropy in India, including education.

Why do you not give back to it if a small group of is who cane feom another land love it so much as to do so much for her?

Which land and people are you saving this tight fisted love of yours for buddy?

Why are we not good enough for you.

What is our mistake?

That we do not face in a certain direction and pray?

My kind of Muslim is the old type, the type who spoke of revolutionary change for all of India. Some of the founders of the Communist Party of India were Muslims.

Is that good enough for you ?

Is there a single Parsi among the leftists in India ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom