What's new

Parsis in Pakistan: Beloved but left behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you gauge success by how many there is in each community and then referance that with their achievements you will find Parsi are even ahead of Jews leave alone the Ismaili's who come well below and their impact is very restricred. The resident PDF Parsi I think addressed this point well.
Just because few Parsis (Tatas, Wadiya, Petots) are financially successful, doesn't mean their wealth as a whole is on the same level as the jews. I guess, we are only considering here financial success(which I personally wasn't), which wasn't even my contention. My definition of success is the raw power a community has in this world. Name a country that is for them? They are gypsy's moving from place to place, being opportunists to the max for their profits. The smaller a community, the more successful they are financially, but converting that financial wealth into actual power is what I am contending here.

I think Azim Premji has some monies into philanthropy in India, including education.

My kind of Muslim is the old type, the type who spoke of revolutionary change for all of India. Some of the founders of the Communist Party of India in 1920 in Tashkent were Muslims.

Is that good enough for you ?

Not even close.

Cheers, Doc

Just because few Parsis (Tatas, Wadiya, Petots) are financially successful, doesn't mean their wealth as a whole is on the same level as the jews. I guess, we are only considering here financial success(which I personally wasn't), which wasn't even my contention. My definition of success is the raw power a community has in this world. Name a country that is for them? They are gypsy's moving from place to place, being opportunists to the max for their profits. The smaller a community, the more successful they are financially, but converting that financial wealth into actual power is what I am contending here.

Read the thread on Parsis and Hindutva to begin to appreciate what true power is.

True power comes from what you can do and who and how many are behind you.

For example

There are 150,000 Parsis.

There are 500 million (half a billion) subcontinental Muslims.

We made India a nuclear power.

We funded India's industrial might and war effort.

We militarily led an Indian army that cut Pakistan in two.

And today we control fortunes that drive Indian policy.

Policy that is for India

And not necessarily beneficial for Muslims.

Who is really powerful?

Can 500 million Muslims of Indic origin touch Parsis and get away with it?

In India?

Try it and you will get your answer of true power. :)

So what happened?

You are sona of this soil.

We cam thousands of years later.

Yet you are powerless against us on your own soil?

That's power.

Cheers, Doc
Why not ?

And Padamchen, is there a single Parsi among the leftists in India ? Or even outside ?

Have you heard of Kobad Ghandy.

He's from a baug in Bombay.

Cheers, Doc

Can 500 million Muslims of Indic origin touch Parsis and get away with it?

In India?

hehe xD. Can you touch a jew and get away with it, ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD?

that was the point.

300 million muslims can't get away with touching a shudar in India and you are talking about Parsi's. lol.

Yet you are powerless against us on your own soil?

You sure no one can touch Parsi's in Pakistan?(not that I am going to touch them, who would go after extinct species). Sorry, if you are mistaken but I don't call India my soil.

Also I guess, mods don't feel the Parsi power as well, that's why keep on banning you from time to time. I guess they should take notice of that power.

Yes our money. Which built the schools that educate you.

So you pay fees.

Should I dance with joy?

Who is supposed to pay the teachers and staff?

Cheers, Doc

You built schools centuries ago

People are paying enough money to compensate for whatever you created

Did you happen to read the piece on Parsis and Hindutva I posted as a thread that for some reason was locked (don't know why or what pdf rule it broke)?

That thread should be really illuminating fir you vis a vis the talk we once had about Parsis and Hindutva ....

When I told you not to go by what a few UK based Parsis thought or said in front of you.

The true power center has always been India and increasingly now the US.

Cheers, Doc

I read it in parts, and yes the Parsis of India are on board with the project in India.
The ones here, firstly the Pakistani ones remain loyal to their fatherland, and they link it with ancient Iran. With the Indian ones they have shed anything Indian about them and identify as Persian, Parsi etc.
What is common among them is they are great survivors for sure.
As for the US being a power centre, forget it. The saffron lot are despised by the increasingly dominating woke liberal left, and the right church goers see them as demonic pagn filth. The support is localised.

Have you heard of Kobad Ghandy.

He's from a baug in Bombay.

Cheers, Doc

OK, one. I watched him being interviewed by Karan Thapar recently. Very respectable, sensible and courageous man.

So what has kept the other Parsis, especially younger ones, from being inspired by him ?

I read it in parts, and yes the Parsis of India are on board with the project in India.
The ones here, firstly the Pakistani ones remain loyal to their fatherland, and they link it with ancient Iran. With the Indian ones they have shed anything Indian about them and identify as Persian, Parsi etc.
What is common among them is they are great survivors for sure.
As for the US being a power centre, forget it. The saffron lot are despised by the increasingly dominating woke liberal left, and the right church goers see them as demonic pagn filth. The support is localised.

I meant world Zoroastrian power center.

Not Hindutva or India in general.

I agree with you about British Parsis. They are more British than the friggin British.

You say survivors.

We see ourselves as apex negotiators.

I guess we both mean the same.

Cheers, Doc
OK, one. I watched him being interviewed by Karan Thapar recently. Very respectable, sensible and courageous man.

So what has kept the other Parsis, especially younger ones, from being inspired by him ?

The fact that he's a loon. Considered one widely in the community.

And the fact that Zoroastrianism actually celebrates profit and capitalism.

We are in fact the most ancient proponents of the concept.

Cheers, Doc

I meant world Zoroastrian power center.

Not Hindutva or India in general.

I agree with you about British Parsis. They are more British than the friggin British.

You say survivors.

We see ourselves as apex negotiators.

I guess we both mean the same.

Cheers, Doc

The UK ones do a lot for the faith. Of course I don't much about the Indian ones in India.

The UK ones do a lot for the faith. Of course I don't much about the Indian ones in India.

Yes they do.

Aapri raani is a private Parsi joke.

Old (ancient) Parsis loved the Queen and the British.

And our generation admire the Brits but see them for what they did.

In spite of that though there is a lot of resentment in the sanghi ranks (ironic because their masters were the biggest shirkers and collaborators) for Parsis doing great under the Brits, there is no residual resentment among Indians for Parsis in general.

The Hindutva paper gave me a good insight into the actual dynamics of how the two communities forged an intricate dance of balances and negotiated positions between each other post Independence.

Cheers, Doc

Reactions: waz
Very sad that parsis are declining.

However, they're declining everywhere, including the OP's beloved Hindustan. This is common knowledge. We all know it. The children of Zoroaster themselves know it too, even though some cynical efforts are made from certain directions at declaring this decline "a Muslim dependent issue".

If the good doctor would care to be objective for once rather than gushing exclusively about one of his adoptive homelands over all others, then hopefully folks might be able to establish a root cause for this global decline.

Very sad that parsis are declining.

However, they're declining everywhere, including the OP's beloved Hindustan. This is common knowledge. We all know it. The children of Zoroaster themselves know it too, even though some cynical efforts are made from certain directions at declaring this decline "a Muslim dependent issue".

If the good doctor would care to be objective for once rather than gushing exclusively about one of his adoptive homelands over all others, then hopefully folks might be able to establish a root cause for this global decline.

There is no decline.

Only a shift.

The run down rural Parsis left in the small settlements in Gujarat.

Because the community moved to Bombay and Poona.

Same with Pakistan. Only here they moved out of the country West.

No same with Bombay and Poona as more and more Parsis move West.

The overal community numbers worldwide are not shrunk much over the past 300 years.

And I repeat.

At our peak at the turn of the 17th century, with big families of 4, 5, 6 children (both my maternal grandparents cane from 5 sibling families) we numbered 150,000.

Over 1000 years ago, around 18,000 of is came to Indian shores.

The community has grown from that. Over 44 generations.

And along the way shed those who have married outsiders. Which was never negotiable.

Cheers, Doc

There is no decline.

Only a shift.

The run down rural Parsis left in the small settlements in Gujarat.

Because the community moved to Bombay and Poona.

Same with Pakistan. Only here they moved out of the country West.

No same with Bombay and Poona as more and more Parsis move West.

The overal community numbers worldwide are not shrunk much over the past 300 years.

And I repeat.

At our peak at the turn of the 17th century, with big families of 4, 5, 6 children (both my maternal grandparents cane from 5 sibling families) we numbered 150,000.

Over 1000 years ago, around 18,000 of is came to Indian shores.

The community has grown from that. Over 44 generations.

And along the way shed those who have married outsiders. Which was never negotiable.

Cheers, Doc

Dosent that all make you inbred to crazy levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom