What's new

PM Shehbaz vows to boost IT exports to $25bn

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1689881436038.png

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Thursday said that Pakistan was required to boost its IT exports to $25 billion and IT investment to $20 billion within a span of two to three years, as the government had already placed a mechanism to ensure one-window operations to facilitate the investors.

“This is something doable. This is difficult but not impossible. We have to achieve this target under all circumstances through your support and expertise,” the prime minister said while addressing an IT seminar and launching ceremony of multiple IT-related projects here.

The PM told the gathering of diplomats, IT experts, investors, entrepreneurs, professors and students that the Special Investment Facilitation Council (SIFC) would sit with them to discuss issues and find out solutions and move forward like a corporate culture.

He said Pakistan was rich with immense youth potential with the youngster getting modern skills with each passing day but the export figure hovering around $2.5 billion did not justify the potential – owing to lack of support and archaic procedures.

The prime minister cited the example of a neighboring country that had excelled in the field of IT and IT exports, adding that Pakistan was also positioned to claim its space.

Calling the investors his “masters” he said the government would extend all-out facilities to them through the SIFC as he himself chaired the apex committee and the Chief of Army Staff General Asim Munir was also playing his full role.

He said the SIFC would focus on boosting investment in agriculture, IT, mining and defence production.

“This is seriously a one-window operation with the whole of government sitting there and extending facilities to potential investors without any delay. No delay will be tolerated at any cost,” he assured.

The prime minister said that the Gulf countries were willing to invest in Pakistan and the country would also benefit from their investment to generate revenue and enhance exports.

He urged all the stakeholders to march with unity and do everything in their capacity to change history as “we have expertise and energy to do the wonder.”

He said the government would act as a partner and catalyst to provide all kinds of support to the investors.

Mentioning the “wastage of energies” during the last four years of the previous government, the prime minister urged to move forward to change the landscape of history.

View attachment 939942
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Thursday said that Pakistan was required to boost its IT exports to $25 billion and IT investment to $20 billion within a span of two to three years, as the government had already placed a mechanism to ensure one-window operations to facilitate the investors.

“This is something doable. This is difficult but not impossible. We have to achieve this target under all circumstances through your support and expertise,” the prime minister said while addressing an IT seminar and launching ceremony of multiple IT-related projects here.

The PM told the gathering of diplomats, IT experts, investors, entrepreneurs, professors and students that the Special Investment Facilitation Council (SIFC) would sit with them to discuss issues and find out solutions and move forward like a corporate culture.

He said Pakistan was rich with immense youth potential with the youngster getting modern skills with each passing day but the export figure hovering around $2.5 billion did not justify the potential – owing to lack of support and archaic procedures.

The prime minister cited the example of a neighboring country that had excelled in the field of IT and IT exports, adding that Pakistan was also positioned to claim its space.

Calling the investors his “masters” he said the government would extend all-out facilities to them through the SIFC as he himself chaired the apex committee and the Chief of Army Staff General Asim Munir was also playing his full role.

He said the SIFC would focus on boosting investment in agriculture, IT, mining and defence production.

“This is seriously a one-window operation with the whole of government sitting there and extending facilities to potential investors without any delay. No delay will be tolerated at any cost,” he assured.

The prime minister said that the Gulf countries were willing to invest in Pakistan and the country would also benefit from their investment to generate revenue and enhance exports.

He urged all the stakeholders to march with unity and do everything in their capacity to change history as “we have expertise and energy to do the wonder.”

He said the government would act as a partner and catalyst to provide all kinds of support to the investors.

Mentioning the “wastage of energies” during the last four years of the previous government, the prime minister urged to move forward to change the landscape of history.

Clowns - what a bunch of utter comical clowns ... a complete joke of a goverment and ghq matric fail duffers. $25billion, why not say 50 or 100 ??

2 or 3 years you say now ??? CLOWNS ... CLOWNS ... CLOWNS..

Pakistans lacks the depth of educational infrastructure to develop people that can sustain any level of IT growth beyond what Pakistan has now. There is a reason why it has become bottled neck and stuck at the current level you clowns ..

How many new technology universities are these duffers going to build? How many data centres will they build? Will they roll out fibre optic infrastructure to the main business areas ? How many scholorships will the goverment offer to attract students to the IT industry ???????

How many new IT graduates will it educate in year 1,2,3,4,5 ++++ etc ????

It took decades of infrastructure and education of a large mass of engineers for india to achieve what it has now. It is now a brand in its own right... "Outsourcing - that must be India" ... Other countries have so far failed to eat into india's IT meal - tried and failed ... India has cornered this.

And - do these matric fail military duffers not understand how much of the IT industry is controlled by Indians who have "gone local" in the west but still push for IT outsourcing back to India when the chance arises ?????

Maybe the matric fail generals should go into music videos - we know they love making them? And maybe those "video's of the night", we know for sure they love making them !!!!!

Honestly - complete moronic clowns.... huff ...

Last edited:
Yes by banning internet and other social media platforms from where people are earning.
BTW look at chutia Munir present in every such conference. Looks like he doesn't trust Shahbaz on anything at all.

Clowns - what a bunch of utter comical clowns ... a complete joke of a goverment and ghq matric fail duffers. $25billion, why not say 50 or 100 ??

Pakistans lacks the depth of educational infrastructure to develop people that can sustain any level of IT growth beyond what Pakistan has now.

It took decades of infrastructure and education of a large mass of engineers for india to achieve what it has now. It is now a brand in its own right... "Outsourcing - that must be India" ... Other countries have so far failed to eat into india's IT meal - tried and failed ... India has cornered this.

And - do these matric fail military duffers not understand how much of the IT industry is controlled by Indians who have "gone local" in the west but still push for IT outsourcing back to India when the chance arises ?????

I agree but people outside India overestimate the aptitude and talent of bhakt knowledge workers. They are not all geniuses.

The number of geniuses in each country is roughly the same - but one has to train them properly. Training is the singlemost important component in building an IT workforce. Indians do it rather well, especially the backoffice companies there.

Here are some of the Bhakt fallacies:
  • Bhakts love over-rating themselves and are very deceptive in making themselves look smart.
  • Bhakts don't get basic logic and have very bad critical thinking skills. this comes from BIMARU education based on rote-learning.
  • Bhakt authority figures (Pandits, Gurus, Headmasters of schools) dissuade their young from thinking critically; it's because they know that Bhakts just don't have it. So why even try?
  • There was an IQ survey where BIMARU states had an IQ average of 81 or so. It makes sense. 70 is where one is deemed mentally deficient.
  • Most of the so called big names from India have deceived the world into thinking Bhakt backoffice workers are intellectuals. Nothing could be farther from reality. I have this on decades of personal observation. @RiazHaq bhai can kindly comment on this too.
  • When one critically analyzes Bhakt arguments - it turns out that they are semi-educated and absolutely not well read in any capacity to carry out a sensible argument. The geniuses in Modi-Land (like everywhere else in the world) are few and far between.

Last edited:
I agree but people outside India overestimate the aptitude and talent of bhakt knowledge workers. They are not all geniuses.

The number of geniuses in each country is roughly the same - but one has to train them properly. Training is the singlemost important component in building an IT workforce. Indians do it rather well, especially the backoffice companies there.

Here are some of the Bhakt fallacies:
  • Bhakts love over-rating themselves and are very deceptive in making themselves look smart.
  • Bhakts don't get basic logic and have very bad critical thinking skills. this comes from BIMARU education based on rote-learning.
  • Bhakt authority figures (Pandits, Gurus, Headmasters of schools) dissuade their young from thinking critically; it's because they knew that Bhakts just don't have it. So why even try?
  • There was an IQ survey where BIMARU states had an IQ average of 81 or so. It makes sense. 70 is where one is deemed mentally deficient.
  • Most of the so called big names from India have deceived the world into thinking Bhakt backoffice workers are intellectuals. Nothing could be farther from reality. I have this one decades of personal observation. @RiazHaq bhai can kindly comment on this too.
  • When one critically analyzes Bhakt arguments - it turns out that they are semi-educated and absolutely not well read in any capacity to carry out a sensible argument. The geniuses in Modi-Land (like everywhere else in the world) are few and far between.

Totally agree - i have spent the best part of 20years of my IT career firing Indian IT professionals on mass here in the UK and then hiring proper locals to fixing the shit they created ...

but the sh*t show the duffers in Pakistan just annnounced is beyond crazy insane .. more than the crap coming out of india..

2 or 3 years you say now ??? CLOWNS ... CLOWNS ... CLOWNS..

Pakistans lacks the depth of educational infrastructure to develop people that can sustain any level of IT growth beyond what Pakistan has now. There is a reason why it has become bottled neck and stuck at the current level you clowns ..

How many new technology universities are these duffers going to build? How many data centres will they build? Will they roll out fibre optic infrastructure to the main business areas ? How many scholorships will the goverment offer to attract students to the IT industry ???????

How many new IT graduates will it educate in year 1,2,3,4,5 ++++ etc ????

Maybe the matric fail generals should go into music videos - we know they love making them? And maybe those "video's of the night", we know for sure they love making them !!!!!

Honestly - complete moronic clowns.... huff ...

Don't forget that majority of the A.I. work that is being completed is done by Chinese and Indians.

A.I. is now slowly taking over reparative tasks, for example. Freelance journalists are being replaced by A.I. written articles; sales jobs are being done by A.I. software, etc.; there was news the other day an Indian-owned firm in the U.S. fired 90% of its sales staff because the A.I. did a much better job.

I use a beta version of A.I. to test some strategies I was able to get access to from a friend.

There isn't much spoke in Pakistan as it's now way behind the leaning curve or growth in IT.

chutya PM aur lanay walay bhi chutye... 12 lac Pakistanis migrated from Pakistan in which more than 50% roughly highly skilled....

Roughly 15+ of my close friends left Pakistan in just 8 months... all of them having 10 - 20 years of exp in IT industry... **** batain ***** hey ye aur iskay choonpnay walay patwari..

Don't forget that majority of the A.I. work that is being completed is done by Chinese and Indians.

A.I. is now slowly taking over reparative tasks, for example. Freelance journalists are being replaced by A.I. written articles; sales jobs are being done by A.I. software, etc.; there was news the other day an Indian-owned firm in the U.S. fired 90% of its sales staff because the A.I. did a much better job.

I use a beta version of A.I. to test some strategies I was able to get access to from a friend.

There isn't much spoke in Pakistan as it's now way behind the leaning curve or growth in IT.

There is a lot more in IT that AI cannot do - yet. Soon maybe - but not yet.

Such as freelance work (often small spot jobs) for building websites, doing photoshop work (desktop publishing), doing taxes etc. Bangladesh is doing a lot in that area.

In fact - the specialized freelance sector in Bangladesh is probably equal to or larger than what India does in that sector.

I stand to be corrected however - if I mis-spoke.

I hope our PM realizes that IT exports have declined by more than 20% compared to when PTI left office.

What's Showbaz's plan this time? Is it to shut down the internet a couple more times to make sure no one even thinks about investing in Pakistan?

Let's be real, PDM's only job right now is to sabotage Pakistan before the next elections, and they're doing this brilliantly.

Oh hey another fancy target with absolutely zero planning. Welcome to the cobwebs of Pakistani government.

In the e-govt. sector, does Pakistan have very large datacenters (public cloud situation)? I'm genuinely curious.

That is a prerequisite for hosting even private clouds for local companies.

chutya PM aur lanay walay bhi chutye... 12 lac Pakistanis migrated from Pakistan in which more than 50% roughly highly skilled....

Roughly 15+ of my close friends left Pakistan in just 8 months... all of them having 10 - 20 years of exp in IT industry... **** batain ***** hey ye aur iskay choonpnay walay patwari..
The funny thing is that Pakistan won't even benefit from the remittances these skilled workers will be sending because Uncle Dar has f'ed up our exchange rate and no one in their right mind will send money to Pakistan via official channels. The unofficial channels are offering a much better rate.

There is a lot more in IT that AI cannot do - yet. Soon maybe - but not yet.

Such as freelance work (often small spot jobs) for building websites, doing photoshop work (desktop publishing), doing taxes etc. Bangladesh is doing a lot in that area.

In fact - the specialized freelance sector in Bangladesh is probably equal to or larger than what India does in that sector.

I stand to be corrected however - if I mis-spoke.
Building websites and photoshop work? Haha. Do you even know how much IT has evolved?

Back
Top Bottom