What's new

PM Shehbaz vows to boost IT exports to $25bn

The funny thing is that Pakistan won't even benefit from the remittances these skilled workers will be sending because Uncle Dar has f'ed up our exchange rate and no one in their right mind will send money to Pakistan via official channels. The unofficial channels are offering a much better rate.

The unofficial market is here to stay for good. The rest of the world doesn't care how money is sent to Pakistan as long taxes are paid before.

There is a lot more in IT that AI cannot do - yet. Soon maybe - but not yet.

Such as freelance work (often small spot jobs) for building websites, doing photoshop work (desktop publishing), doing taxes etc. Bangladesh is doing a lot in that area.

In fact - the specialized freelance sector in Bangladesh is probably equal to or larger than what India does in that sector.

I stand to be corrected however - if I mis-spoke.

The problem with Pakistan is before we can stand, our feet are cut once again. There is no proper infrastructure for fiber optic cables, and load shedding causes a lot of disruption. I have two employees in Karachi, the backbone of my operations in the States. When the net was down for a week, I was blinded here as they handled the grunt work.

The other issue is that in the modern world, companies are forced to change policies due to wokeness, human rights, and ESG difficulties. No company would risk setting up in a country like Pakistan, especially this current generation of Overseas Pakistanis. They've been disenfranchised over this ordeal and how individuals were treated as dogs. I'm sorry, but it doesn't work in current times.

While there is talent, companies are switching to more stable countries, most notably where there is the rule of law and not a bastardization of law. While they can make the locals phudus, it won't work overseas.

I'm seeing an influx of work being done out of Armenia and Georgia for example. Times have changed yet Pakistan is outdated.

Well, given the PDM have reversed the positive momentum of IT exports created by PTI, they can add their failings in this area to the other fails and suffering they've inflicted on the country.

F1YA6zyXgAIq__e

I agree but people outside India overestimate the aptitude and talent of bhakt knowledge workers. They are not all geniuses.

The number of geniuses in each country is roughly the same - but one has to train them properly. Training is the singlemost important component in building an IT workforce. Indians do it rather well, especially the backoffice companies there.

Here are some of the Bhakt fallacies:
  • Bhakts love over-rating themselves and are very deceptive in making themselves look smart.
  • Bhakts don't get basic logic and have very bad critical thinking skills. this comes from BIMARU education based on rote-learning.
  • Bhakt authority figures (Pandits, Gurus, Headmasters of schools) dissuade their young from thinking critically; it's because they know that Bhakts just don't have it. So why even try?
  • There was an IQ survey where BIMARU states had an IQ average of 81 or so. It makes sense. 70 is where one is deemed mentally deficient.
  • Most of the so called big names from India have deceived the world into thinking Bhakt backoffice workers are intellectuals. Nothing could be farther from reality. I have this on decades of personal observation. @RiazHaq bhai can kindly comment on this too.
  • When one critically analyzes Bhakt arguments - it turns out that they are semi-educated and absolutely not well read in any capacity to carry out a sensible argument. The geniuses in Modi-Land (like everywhere else in the world) are few and far between.

ChatGPT is a serious threat to Indian IT workers.

Change is fast approaching because of advanced AI, said CP Gurnani, chief executive officer at Tech Mahindra and a four-decade veteran of the IT services industry. At a guest lecture at IIT Hyderabad last week, he found students worried. His message to them: Brace yourselves.

If there was a tax on every promise made by a Pakistani general, politician, and maulvi, Pakistan would have so much money that it'd have to loan it out at 0% interest because the cash-cows just can't shut up.

Maybe patwari plans are to tripple the export of cheapo chinese imported laptops? Thats pretty much all mian saanp can do, lol
Retarded govt and its retarded duffer handlers. I had high hopes from Asim but he so far turning out to be showbaz supporter, God knows what type of deals r being made while the country slips further away below poverty levels.

The problem with Pakistan is before we can stand, our feet are cut once again. There is no proper infrastructure for fiber optic cables, and load shedding causes a lot of disruption. I have two employees in Karachi, the backbone of my operations in the States. When the net was down for a week, I was blinded here as they handled the grunt work.

The other issue is that in the modern world, companies are forced to change policies due to wokeness, human rights, and ESG difficulties. No company would risk setting up in a country like Pakistan, especially this current generation of Overseas Pakistanis. They've been disenfranchised over this ordeal and how individuals were treated as dogs. I'm sorry, but it doesn't work in current times.

While there is talent, companies are switching to more stable countries, most notably where there is the rule of law and not a bastardization of law. While they can make the locals phudus, it won't work overseas.

I'm seeing an influx of work being done out of Armenia and Georgia for example. Times have changed yet Pakistan is outdated.

Well we in Bangladesh will open up our business opportunities for all Pakistani brothers and sisters. Bangladesh will be open.

@PakFactor

The problem with Pakistan is before we can stand, our feet are cut once again. I have two employees in Karachi, the backbone of my operations in the States.

You wont mind opening operations in India?

Regards

View attachment 939942
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Thursday said that Pakistan was required to boost its IT exports to $25 billion and IT investment to $20 billion within a span of two to three years, as the government had already placed a mechanism to ensure one-window operations to facilitate the investors.

“This is something doable. This is difficult but not impossible. We have to achieve this target under all circumstances through your support and expertise,” the prime minister said while addressing an IT seminar and launching ceremony of multiple IT-related projects here.

The PM told the gathering of diplomats, IT experts, investors, entrepreneurs, professors and students that the Special Investment Facilitation Council (SIFC) would sit with them to discuss issues and find out solutions and move forward like a corporate culture.

He said Pakistan was rich with immense youth potential with the youngster getting modern skills with each passing day but the export figure hovering around $2.5 billion did not justify the potential – owing to lack of support and archaic procedures.

The prime minister cited the example of a neighboring country that had excelled in the field of IT and IT exports, adding that Pakistan was also positioned to claim its space.

Calling the investors his “masters” he said the government would extend all-out facilities to them through the SIFC as he himself chaired the apex committee and the Chief of Army Staff General Asim Munir was also playing his full role.

He said the SIFC would focus on boosting investment in agriculture, IT, mining and defence production.

“This is seriously a one-window operation with the whole of government sitting there and extending facilities to potential investors without any delay. No delay will be tolerated at any cost,” he assured.

The prime minister said that the Gulf countries were willing to invest in Pakistan and the country would also benefit from their investment to generate revenue and enhance exports.

He urged all the stakeholders to march with unity and do everything in their capacity to change history as “we have expertise and energy to do the wonder.”

He said the government would act as a partner and catalyst to provide all kinds of support to the investors.

Mentioning the “wastage of energies” during the last four years of the previous government, the prime minister urged to move forward to change the landscape of history.
By 14th August. 😆 🤣 😂

Well we in Bangladesh will open up our business opportunities for all Pakistani brothers and sisters. Bangladesh will be open.

Business will naturally flow to the most suitable place, and your country is at the top.

@PakFactor

The problem with Pakistan is before we can stand, our feet are cut once again. I have two employees in Karachi, the backbone of my operations in the States.

You wont mind opening operations in India?

Regards

I wouldn't mind; however, it is the trust factor as I deal with individual and corporate banks, credit cards, and other financial information. The two employees I have right now were through a mutual friend that introduced us; however, I am working on getting them out of Pakistan into the GCC.

But I know Pakistanis who use India to outsource IT, accounting, and financial-related work.

So many Foreign Agents on this thread pretending that 60% of 1st world white collar work cannot be outsourced and that the vast majority of that outsourceable white collar work somehow requires something more than basic computer literacy, English language skill, a computer with a broadband connection, and a pulse.

There is zero reason why this won't be successful, unless you are telling me that zero Pakistanis can speak/read/write English, zero Pakistanis have basic computer literacy, and that a computer with a broadband connection is impossible to procure in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom