What's new

PPP’s Nazar Muhammad Gondal joins PTI after Firdous Ashiq Awan

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MANDI BAHAUDDIN – Pakistan Peoples Party’s (PPP) struggle to make its way in Punjab is seeming useless as its members, who are angry with party leadership, seem to be defecting to Pakistan Tehree-i-Insaf (PTI).

In the latest development, former minister of PPP Nazar Muhammad Gondal from Mandi Bahauddin, Punjab has announced his decision to leave the party, reported Neo news.

Earlier, Gondal was in a delegation headed by former MNA Noor Alam Khan, which met PTI chief Imran Khan at his residence in Bani Gala on Tuesday.

Sources claimed that joining of more members of PPP and other parties is expected in the coming days.

Firdous Ashiq Awan
PPP’s former federal minister Firdous Ashiq Awan made a formal announcement regarding joining the PTI on Tuesday after meeting with PTI Chairman Imran Khan in Nathia Gali, Murree.

Awan, along with her husband, was a staunch supporter of the PPP until party co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari consolidated his control over the party.

Noor Alam Khan
PPP stalwart Noor Alam Khan has also announced his decision to part ways with the party and join Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Tuesday.
https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/wor...eace-talks-to-be-part-of-national-mainstream/

Ek Aur Seat Pakki another puncture in "Change" life boat. Lanat esi change or:lol:
Remember the days when youthians were like "WE WANT CHANGE DIE NOORA DIE PATWARI NAYA PAKISTAN DEATH TO FEUDALISM".

Now they shamelessly say things like: "Good. Imran khan needs more seats by hook or by crook. Is system main aese hi change aaega."

LOL :rofl:

Remember the days when youthians were like "WE WANT CHANGE DIE NOORA DIE PATWARI NAYA PAKISTAN DEATH TO FEUDALISM".

Now they shamelessly say things like: "Good. Imran khan needs more seats by hook or by crook. Is system main aese hi change aaega."

LOL :rofl:
As El Sidd said:lol: iss change Ke slogan se mein bhi inspired hua tha:sad: lekin poot ke palne mein hi nazar agaeye:lol: my uncle and Phuppa from Mandi Bahaudeen and I know this Kanjar very well.

To all the patwaris, cry as much as you want but the days of Baboon league are coming to an end. your leader will either run away to Jeddah/Qatar or be in jail and the next govt will be of PTI.

Patwaris burning because PTI making inroads in Punjab and may soon topple Takht-e-Lahore.

5936f0c4a1c47.png

Another PPP stalwart from central Punjab and former federal minister Nazar Muhammad Gondal announced his decision to join the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) on Tuesday, merely a week after former PPP minister Firdous Ashiq Awan joined Imran Khan's party.

A ceremony organised to welcome him into the party in Nathiagali was attended by PTI central leadership including Firdous Ashiq Awan.

"I am not leaving PPP because of any grievances, on the contrary, they have given me the utmost respect during my time with them. I'm joining PTI because I see this party as the only active organisation working against the status quo," Gondal told the media during the ceremony.

Gondal had confirmed to Dawn last week by phone that he along with his family and political group from his constituency NA-109 would formally join the PTI at Banigala.

He said: “It had become difficult for me and my associates to put up with the [PPP] leadership’s soft opposition policy towards the [ruling] PML-N.” He accused the PML-N of victimising his supporters in Mandi Bahauddin.

Accompanying Gondal at his joining ceremony, PTI Chairman Imran Khan chose the moment to target Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the backdrop of the recent joint investigation team (JIT) hearings.

"Nawaz Sharif is the godfather of the mafia in Pakistan," Khan stated referring to the comments made by a Supreme Court judge after PML-N Senator Nehal Hashmi's outburst against the judiciary.

"The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has a history of making threats. The JIT is being maligned as part of planned conspiracy," Khan said.

"Nehal Hashmi's speech was part of PML-N's plan," the PTI chairman insisted.

He warned that the investigation team was under threat, adding, "The JIT is at the risk of being attacked like the Supreme Court was."

"PML-N should remember that this isn't 1997."

Reminding the PML-N of its past, Khan said, "When the moment of accountability arose during the Musharraf era these people made a deal and ran away. Those who have been talking about accountability all these years are finally investigated."

The cricketer-turned-politician noted that unless the Qatari prince showed up the PML-N would fail before the JIT.

"The Qatari [prince] is not coming... the PML-N is stuck," he quipped.

His brother was corrupt or Nazar himself?

704702-EOBI-1399347573-697-640x480.jpg

Zafar Gondal granted bail in EOBI cases

LAHORE: The Lahore High Court has granted bail to Zafar Iqbal Gondal, former chairman of the Employees Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI), in six cases of corruption and misuse of authority.

Justice Sardar Shamim Khan allowed the bail to Gondal subject to furnishing of surety bonds of Rs2 million in each case.

Previously, the high court had granted the same relief to Mr Gondal last year. However, Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had filed an appeal before the Supreme Court against the bail grant order. And the apex court had remanded the case to the high court for fresh decision.

The FIA had registered the cases against Gondal accusing him of violating EOBI’s investment rules in purchase of lands in Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi at exorbitant prices.

The agency alleged that Mr Gondal as chairman of EOBI had purchased 18 properties that amounted up to Rs42 billion from different parties through doubtful agreements. In his bail petition, Gondal contended that the cases against him were fabricated.

Published in Dawn, October 15th, 2016

want to end corruption by ending the reign of the Sharif mafia

If former PPP mna had any vote bank then why PTI was 2nd biggest party in punjab last time? PPP lost vote bank thanks to Zardari and death of Bhuttos.

Ek Aur Seat Pakki another puncture in "Change" life boat. Lanat esi change or:lol:

If they have vote bank as some says then PTI did the right thing. If electable are joining any party that is good news no?

By accepting the same crooks in your party who are responsible & part of this mess today? Mashallah

If they were crooks then why didn't the sitting govt take actions against them for the last 4 years? you are just whinging now coz they are joining PTI and PMLN chances of winning the next elections are dwindling. That is to say if the sharif family survives till next elections

here is a list of some of the people that went to PMLN in the last election, tum lo tu sahi, hum lain tu ghalat

img_0413-jpg.402004

Thanks to @Realistic Change for the list

But there are many more like Marvi Memon, Daniyal Aziz and Amir Muqam

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom