What's new

Predictions for next COAS

TK would be a good choice for COAS - he is intelligent, urbane, tough and is a soldiers soldier like Kiyani - another thing in his favor is that he is from the very region where a lot of the PA's current operations are being conducted. I was impressed by what he did to the FC.

i have a similar hunch about this. Here, this is what i said recently:

:) Nescafe..you sure are naughty. For now, i'll not be saying anything about your second prediction.

i am the illumi naughty infact :)

TK would be a good choice for COAS - he is intelligent, urbane, tough and is a soldiers soldier like Kiyani - another thing in his favor is that he is from the very region where a lot of the PA's current operations are being conducted. I was impressed by what he did to the FC.

ya i think we should also keep in mind the pashtoon factor,,,,,,,,,,,which in the upcoming days whould play a major role in afghan and fata reconciliations.

I hope it is Tariq Khan, he is a brilliant general and has the tactical/strategic insight which is needed at the top level.
There are few generals of this caliber and he has the knack to inject a lot of spirit into the troops.

Regarding ISI appointments, i think if one thing is evident it is the need for someone in ISI to be posted at G3-G2 level and then be subsequently made head after a career spent in ISI.
I think there should be at least a distinguished 5-10 years prior tenure in ISI for someone to head such a large and complex organization.
I really think that these short term appointments of Senior Officers as heads of ISI are not going to cut it.
Pasha maybe a brilliant officer but he is certainly not a thoroughbred intelligence expert and giving him extensions would still not give him true perspective since he does not have multiple and significant appointments to ISI prior to becoming its DG.

A DG with significant time spent in lower cadre of ISI can be the difference between light and day, especially in this current war we are fighting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom