What's new

Predictions for next COAS

nescafe

Reaction score
Dear Readers,

I would like to record a prediction here which is based on intelligent simulation and my personal study of pak army and its leadership and history.

My prediction is that,

"Lt Gen Tariq Khan will be made COAS of PAK army in fall 2012 or beyond 2012, provided General Kayani completes his tenure till 2012. A set of maneuvers will be performed in case of issues pertaining to seniority may arrive"

Wait and see :)

thanks,

Dear Readers,

I would like to record a prediction here which is based on intelligent simulation and my personal study of pak army and its leadership and history.

My prediction is that,

"Lt Gen Tariq Khan will be made COAS of PAK army in fall 2012 or beyond 2012, provided General Kayani completes his tenure till 2012. A set of maneuvers will be performed in case of issues pertaining to seniority may arrive"

thanks,

good choice but he may be 'perceived' to be too close to the US. my feeling is that the next chief will also be from the ISI - the current CGS!

Dear Readers,

My prediction is that,

thanks,

dosnt kiyani's term end in 2013?

dosnt kiyani's term end in 2013?

i think it ends on oct 2012. if it ends in 2013, then chance for Tariq Khan are more evident because he will be senior general by then. We never know he is the next DG ISI .... :) , it all depends on his next posting.

Waheed Arshad , has no WoT exposure. Neither is he that much of a COAS material. same thing happened to Wayne (not a COAS material). Personally i think he was not very impressive as DG ISPR as well... :)

i think it ends on oct 2012. if it ends in 2013, then chance for Tariq Khan are more evident because he will be senior general by then. We never know he is the next DG ISI .... :) , it all depends on his next posting.

1st term - oct-07 to oct-10
2nd term - nov-10 to nov-13

its 3yr terms
cheers!

Lt. Gen Waheed Arshad is a THUSS Jernail! An unlikely choice to be the next COAS!

The pallet is still open and a likely candidate will appear most likely near to the end of the term of Kayani

What about Lt Gen Asif Yasin Malik?

only if he is assigned NORTH WAZIRISTAN in parallel to kurram, which i think will happen ultimately :) Tariq khan is secular, he is the spearhead. he is aggressive, and he turned the "THUSS" FC a force which is now better then what our infantry used to be early 2000.he once raided a police station when he was captain and batton charged the entire police force...:D

no wonder our infantry has changed 100 percent in the last 10 years. the LIC and tactics has made our infantry a formidable force to reckon.

Dear Readers,

My prediction is that,

thanks,
i have a similar hunch about this. Here, this is what i said recently:
Na sir ji..

How about Comd 1 Corps?

He's a fine general. He played a significant role in get the FC to where it stands today. With quite a few successful operations under his belt, and as you put forth that he is also in the guud books of the yanks (not implying that he requires an aye from them for is career management), he's a guud choice in my very personal opinion. i have met him a few times, and every time the officer never failed to impress me. A fine gentleman!

:) Nescafe..you sure are naughty. For now, i'll not be saying anything about your second prediction.

what if Mangos fly?? who will then be the COAS ? :azn:

From the outside it appears Gen Kyani may have to continue a while. I have said "may have to" because unlike all earlier instances, this time the Army Chief may be compelled by internal pressures to stay on to sort out the current problems. Earlier it has generally been the outside interests which prodded a take over. Kyani seems to have emerged as the man who commands respect not only in the armed forces, but among the general masses also. This in a nation where the political establishment has become quite unpopular.

Lt Gen Khalid Nawaz Khan

Lt Gen Waheed Arshad

Maj Gen Wasim Sadiq

Back
Top Bottom