What's new

Project 71 :: Aircraft-carrier launch delayed by few weeks

Few week will change into Few Months and Few Months will change into Few Years and will reach to quarter century.. It's really sad state of Indigenous development as we have seen in many projects.. Our delays increase in exponential terms...

I won't discuss political issues further............

But let me tell you(and to those who are advising us to stick to the thread) one thing.............this thread is not just about IACs, it's actually about DELAY in Aircraft-carrier launch.....which obviously raises the question of why there is a delay.....and political system/will comes into this as it is a government project.........so logically, we were actually discussing correctly and you guys are taking it to the wrong direction.

I'm sorry but that's not correct!

The article posted by the threadstarter clearly says:

There has been a delay in the amalgamation of some critical components on board the 40,000 tonne aircraft carrier, said sources, hence the slight delay. The launch would be delayed by a few weeks, said officials.

So the delays we are talking about in this thread are caused during the production process, not during the planning or decision making process, where MoD might have played a role. Ashok321 instead started talking about politicians that has nothing to do with MoD decisions or the production of the carrier itself and you joined the same discussion later and that is derailing the thread from the real topic. Even in this post you are talking about the political system as a whole, which has nothing to do with the carrier developments of IN, you might take on MoD or the defence minister, but anything more simply doesn't make sense.
You can take any indigenous development you like and they all face delays, problems, failures..., some caused by MoD, some caused by the Forces, some caused bey the developing companies and scientists, but again the political system of India as a whole has nothing to do with it and that's why we requested you 2 to not bring this discussion up at least in this thread.

What aircraft would it be carrying?

Just like INS Vikramaditya it gets a mix of Mig 29Ks and later N-LCA MK2s, but compared to the earlier it might be able to carry more of them, since it isn't a re-designed carrier but could be developed around the specs of these fighters from the start.

Come on guys, India is amongst a VERY, VERY small group of nations able to build an ACC (China isn't one of them in the group) and the first was always going to be a challenge but this project is going to build extensive experience and expertise and a good industrial base for future projects. This is a first and has introduces revolutionary building techniques in India such as modular shipbuilding, the only way is up from here. (and btw 2-3 years to build an ACC isn't bad)

Same goes for Arjun and LCA. Everyone has to start somewhere.

completely agree with Abingdonboy..........
besides I have heard that CSl where the ACC is being built supposedly has a record of delivering ships before/on schedule..... so hopefully this delay of few weeks stays as few weeks and is compensated during completion of works after launching........ :)

I'm sorry but that's not correct!

The article posted by the threadstarter clearly says:

So the delays we are talking about in this thread are caused during the production process, not during the planning or decision making process, where MoD might have played a role. Ashok321 instead started talking about politicians that has nothing to do with MoD decisions or the production of the carrier itself and you joined the same discussion later and that is derailing the thread from the real topic. Even in this post you are talking about the political system as a whole, which has nothing to do with the carrier developments of IN, you might take on MoD or the defence minister, but anything more simply doesn't make sense.
You can take any indigenous development you like and they all face delays, problems, failures..., some caused by MoD, some caused by the Forces, some caused bey the developing companies and scientists, but again the political system of India as a whole has nothing to do with it and that's why we requested you 2 to not bring this discussion up at least in this thread.

you have quoted the portion of the thread that supports your view and I have quoted a different portion that supported mine.
You see! Different people different views.
You may think that the political system has got nothing to do with this, IF you believe that the delay is only due to apolitical reasons.
But the irony is, when this "few weeks" delay is going to escalate to "few years" and then to "few decades" delay, then same people like you will be cursing the politicians......mark my words.

We think the delay is not only due to apolitical reasons only, political reasons are also involved.....and there are enough reasons to believe so.....look at our other defense projects(LCA,Arjun etc.), like any other govt. projects they are plagued with delays....WHY?
There are several minor reasons to it, BUT the major reason is corruption....wondering how? read post #125 from the below link.(and read it carefully please).
http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...ter-indian-territory-dismantle-bunkers-9.html

Now, the above link has got nothing to do with this thread apparently. BUT if you think deeply you will definitely find a connection..............both the discussions involve Indian Defence Capabilities(Arms Industry) and how they are affected by corruption.

You may call us skeptic,pessimist or even false flagger....but keep in mind, that for skeptics like us, who always emphasize the -ve points, the govt. at least tries to do something +ve....OTHERWISE, for you people, may be even 100 years delay is not a delay.

What aircraft would it be carrying?

Naval Tejas, MIG-29K, Dhruv, etv..

imgp5456lr.jpg

img0118o.jpg

800px-INS_Vikramaditya_cg.png

5438913121_e6fb41428c_z.jpg

DSC07357.JPG

What is LCA navy? I think India should get the original LCA going first before worry about LCA navy. In the mean time, I think India should look into F-35 for its navy. It would take another 5 years though. In the mean time, India can consider F-18 than the Mig29K. If a plane is good enough for US carrier, its definitely good enough for India.

What is LCA navy? I think India should get the original LCA going first before worry about LCA navy. In the mean time, I think India should look into F-35 for its navy. It would take another 5 years though. In the mean time, India can consider F-18 than the Mig29K. If a plane is good enough for US carrier, its definitely good enough for India.

You are wrong....The F 18 dosen't take off from a STOBAR carrier but uses a CATOBAR carrier.

you have quoted the portion of the thread that supports your view and I had quoted a different portion that supported mine.
You see! Different people different views.

Not really, because I quoted the real reason that was mentioned in the article and that we can discuss here, while you estimated that the reaon of the delay has something to do with politics, but this is not based on the article. So one of us is not talking about things related to this thread.
I would be happy if you can add something in regard of the problem in the production, that the article is talking about, because I am interested to know what the issue is and how difficult it really can be, but not in unnecessary blame games of politicans or parties.

Back
Top Bottom