What's new

Quota System has been extended for an Indefinite Period?

The notification says "Prime Minister is pleased to".. so going by the wording, he was really happy while approving this.

So Niazi has back stabbed people of Karachi after getting 14 seats from Karachi? Am I right here?

So Niazi has back stabbed people of Karachi after getting 14 seats from Karachi? Am I right here?
Wording of the notification says so. I was giving a benefit of doubt on not doing anything for Urban Sindh because of 18th Amendment.. However, here, it's his fault solely.

Wording of the notification says so. I was giving a benefit of doubt on not doing anything for Urban Sindh because of 18th Amendment.. However, here, it's his fault solely.

I would research more about it

Lets see

PM is due in Karachi next week to meet CM Sind. Have fun waving the PTi flag from your dinky cruiser

Bhai let me figure it out, I know Noora Extended Quota system in his previous tenure I have to figure it out was it for 15 years or 20 year. If it was 15 years then it would have been extended between 2013 to 2015, but if it was for 20 year the Naeem ur Rehman may well be right.

These days besides developing a predictive behavior algorithm as a hobby, I am trying to figure out how come Karachi became a part of Sind, I have yet to find any legal or constitutional amendment in that direction or was it as simple as When Ayub Khan moved Federal Capital to Islamabad, SInd Govt without any amendment in law became owner of Karachi.

If I can find something it might help Karachi cause, remember I am not a karachiite, rather a paindo from Pindi but I love Karachi like my own city of birth and my other love cities Vancouver and NY.
Thank you, ps3linux.
Please do find out.
That will be a great GNU PROJECT

So IK has done it without time being mentioned.. great .. people of Karachi deserved this ..IK has once said them zinda lashian..

The end of PTI politics from Karachi.

The MNAs of PTI better hide because people wont spare verbally or even physically them if they see them on roads of Karachi

I keep repeating this but people need to stop crying about quota system. Especially muhajirs/urdu speakers folk and to lesser extent pashtuns and punjabis. Look at the data and Baloch and rural Sindh don't even fill up their share of quota in federal jobs.

Muhajirs have biggest city in Pakistan where they can do all sort of jobs.

Bhai let me figure it out, I know Noora Extended Quota system in his previous tenure I have to figure it out was it for 15 years or 20 year. If it was 15 years then it would have been extended between 2013 to 2015, but if it was for 20 year the Naeem ur Rehman may well be right.

These days besides developing a predictive behavior algorithm as a hobby, I am trying to figure out how come Karachi became a part of Sind, I have yet to find any legal or constitutional amendment in that direction or was it as simple as When Ayub Khan moved Federal Capital to Islamabad, SInd Govt without any amendment in law became owner of Karachi.

If I can find something it might help Karachi cause, remember I am not a karachiite, rather a paindo from Pindi but I love Karachi like my own city of birth and my other love cities Vancouver and NY.
Let me know if i can be of any help. If u want me to go thorugh any particular documents, archives or laws i will gladly help u

I keep repeating this but people need to stop crying about quota system. Especially muhajirs/urdu speakers folk and to lesser extent pashtuns and punjabis. Look at the data and Baloch and rural Sindh don't even fill up their share of quota in federal jobs.

Muhajirs have biggest city in Pakistan where they can do all sort of jobs.
Brother ts not about job or karachi its about right person at the right job no matter if he is sindhi punjabi or pakhtoon.

I would be happy if an honest hard working competent sindhi working as commissioner in a hundred percent urdu speaking population and i would hate a urdu speaking incompetent guy came on top due to any favor rather than merit.

It is not about language but the competency.

Let me know if i can be of any help. If u want me to go thorugh any particular documents, archives or laws i will gladly help u

@PakSword

OK here is my take, somewhere in the power corridors having seen that Pee pee pee is nothing more than a gang of corrupt and perverts have started nudging things in the right direction. When coupled with Karachiites collective consciousness that 90% of Sinds tax is collected from Karachi and yet nothing is spent on it and that they are demanding Karachi should be separated from Sind and made a federal territory.

But their schemes are very slow and time consuming, in the meanwhile people suffer I don't think there has been any move at JAG to explore constitutional options, let us give them the tool or may be some concerned citizen/group of citizens/ lawyers can take it to the S.C.

Yet I don't know where to start. When I am presented with a problem I start with questions all of those that come to my mind and then start solving the problem so here goes:

1) when Pakistan came in being Karachi became the defacto Federal Capital, was it made a federal territory or it continued to be part of sind?
2) Did Karachi continue to be serve as provincial headquarter?
3) Was there any mention of Karachi being the federal capital in the first constitution or the provisional constitution?
4) If there was any mention in constitution what was it, if there was then half the case for Karachi becoming a federal territory again is won
5) or was there any notification in this regard
5) Assuming Karachi became a federal territory and there was a constitutional amendment or a notification and when Ayub Khan moved the capital to Islamabad, whether the constitutional amendment was withdrawn, whether a notification was issued that federal capital is moving to Islamabad and Karachi is being handed over to Sind Govt. (this is the most important part)

I am hanging my assumptions with threads here, but if we get some material all we will have to do is to hand over to some media outlet like ARY etc and rest will be taken care of, Mods or others who want to explore this option need to team up, I will contribute whenever/wherever required. Knowing the competence of our bureaucracy I am sure we can get something...

Brother ts not about job or karachi its about right person at the right job no matter if he is sindhi punjabi or pakhtoon.

I would be happy if an honest hard working competent sindhi working as commissioner in a hundred percent urdu speaking population and i would hate a urdu speaking incompetent guy came on top due to any favor rather than merit.

It is not about language but the competency.
I think open merit remain a dream ...

Main yeh galian bachpan se sun raha hon.
In 1947, when msulims from India reached, they saw Sindhis in dirt. Sindhis were mostly living in outskirts of cities, as only Hindus and very rich people were living in Cities. If you don't believe me, just visit interior Sindh, and see the remaining pre-partition buildings. None of them has a muslim name on them.

Ham ko kapra dia tha inhonain ya ham nain churaya tha inko. I know many things about how Banyias of Sindh used to treat these Sindhis, but lets not discuss that.... Kapray tu aisy utarain inky keh yad karain, per hamari sharafat ijazat nai daiti.

Back
Top Bottom