What's new

Racism & Colorism in India. Punjabi Actress shares her experience

most of them would, I imagine.

"naam kamao, rich and famous ho jao" .. pretty universal theme.

unless they ultra conservative or something.

Punjabis by nature are generally pretty extroverted, wear their shit on their sleeve, not afraid to let people know how they feel.
Most self respecting families would not allow that.

Hayaa is a fundamental part of a Muslim family's existence.

images.jpeg

Bollywood is basically run by Punjabis and it is a surprise to me that they would refuse another punjabi that is sligther of darker tune.

But majority of the racism is directed at central and southern Indians..

Punjabis, Mashtra, Bengali and other northernely Indians get representation but never Central and southern indians..

India is also the most racist country in the world where the few whites of the north treat the rest of color in central and south like piss dirt.. The reason for this is because India has never been a unified country or people.. It is 32 countries continent with different races and ethnic groups and to be honest it is like Africa forming a country where the north Africans are white and the rest is ignored

Most self respecting families would not allow that.

Hayaa is a fundamental part of a Muslim family's existence.
ok, fair.

but that is still your very conservative perspective, which is fine, but there are others.

Who cares? Do you know that we rural Pakistanis consider actors and actresses as kanjars and kanjaris by profession anyway. It makes no difference to us, nor do we follow these people.

I will take a society of Kanjars any day than a society of foul-mouthed, regressive, wage-slave LastOfThePatriots.

most of them would, I imagine.

"naam kamao, rich and famous ho jao" .. pretty universal theme.

unless they ultra conservative or something.

Punjabis by nature are generally pretty extroverted, wear their shit on their sleeve, not afraid to let people know how they feel.
Most young kids these days in Pakistan want to be influencers, YouTubers, tiktokers, other nonsense but the “good girls and boys” stay within their limits 😂.

The image of actors has changed a lot, in the early 89’s/90’s it was seen as a disreputable profession.

Most young kids these days in Pakistan want to be influencers, YouTubers, tiktokers, other nonsense but the “good girls and boys” stay within their limits 😂.

The image of actors has changed a lot, in the early 89’s/90’s it was seen as a disreputable profession.
Sign of the times, eh ?

though not entirely bad imo.. my bhanja, a chhotu 13yo ne bhi youtube channel bna lia.. 20 - 25 subscribers bhi hai.. and he uploads silly kiddy games and toys stuff.. all under watchful eyes of mum but.

It's very glamorous, the allure of being a "travel vlogger" or a "tech gadget review vlogger", or even a foodie vlogger and so on but its tough to break through and actually become one of them big guys.

When it comes to the movie industry/showbiz etc, parents are generally wary of it, for good reason too (spl with girls) ..

but forbidden most tastiest fruit wala scene jo hai :laugh:

Sign of the times, eh ?

though not entirely bad imo.. my bhanja, a chhotu 13yo ne bhi youtube channel bna lia.. 20 - 25 subscribers bhi hai.. and he uploads silly kiddy games and toys stuff.. all under watchful eyes of mum but.

It's very glamorous, the allure of being a "travel vlogger" or a "tech gadget review vlogger", or even a foodie vlogger and so on but its tough to break through and actually become one of them big guys.

When it comes to the movie industry/showbiz etc, parents are generally wary of it, for good reason too (spl with girls) ..

but forbidden most tastiest fruit wala scene jo hai :laugh:
:-) yes 100 percent, when we were children everyone was a good boy and girl and just did what our parents wanted:

Who cares? Do you know that we rural Pakistanis consider actors and actresses as kanjars and kanjaris by profession anyway. It makes no difference to us, nor do we follow these people.
That is true for urban people too. Problem is illiterate people follow these actors and actresses and cult following style following is norm.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom