What's new

Rallygoers in Pakistan kill man accused of blasphemy

Kingdom come

Reaction score
Country
India
PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Rallygoers for a political party in Pakistan beat to death a participant for allegedly making a blasphemous speech, police said Sunday.

Local police officer Iqbal Khan said Maulana Nigar Alam, 40, was killed Saturday night by demonstrators in Sawaldher village of Mardan district northeast of Peshawar in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia’s war in Ukraine.
The rallygoers, gathered to express support for the country’s judiciary, accused Alam of blasphemy when he made a concluding prayer at the end of the event.

“Some words of his prayer were deemed blasphemous by a number of protestors, leading to torture and death at the hands of the angry mob,” said Khan.

Witnesses said the police deputy on duty at the rally attempted to save the man by locking him up in a nearby shop, but the mob broke through the door and attacked him.

Videos circulating on social media showed people pushing the accused man to the ground, kicking him and beating him with batons. The man died at the scene.

Police took the body into custody and said an investigation was underway.

Accusing people of blasphemy in Pakistan is common.

Local police officer Iqbal Khan said Maulana Nigar Alam, 40, was killed Saturday night by demonstrators in Sawaldher village of Mardan district northeast of Peshawar in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
I feel sorry that this man got killed before he had a chance to make his case in a fair trial but the fire is reaching Maulana's now.

It'll be one of the rare events of human history when our version of @iamnobody (hindu supremacist who consider RSS too soft) lynches Saad Rizvi for being a gustaakh (blasphemer) and not being an Aashiq-e-Rasool

I feel sorry that this man got killed before he had a chance to make his case in a fair trial but the fire is reaching Maulana's now.

It'll be one of the rare events of human history when our version of @iamnobody (hindu supremacist who consider RSS too soft) lynches Saad Rizvi for being a gustaakh (blasphemer) and not being an Aashiq-e-Rasool
Hindu supremacist? Lol

You are blaming Hindus for Muslim terrorism. It is your own religion which commands you to kill blasphemers. Take some responsibility.

I don't know who that is sorry

Death wish . How stupid can you get .
It’s Pakistan . Same would’ve occurred all over the region .

Which political party ?

Well no surprise TTP found a local support in swat , mardan area. In some Pashtun areas where education is little to zero extremism is too much.

Poor fellow didn't say anything serious to deserve death...he was just saying his cousin was a good man like prophets and immediately corrected it realising slip of his tongue.

Hindu supremacist? Lol

You are blaming Hindus for Muslim terrorism. It is your own religion which commands you to kill blasphemers. Take some responsibility.
You missed the point. I meant to say you are too hardcore, even for sanghis. That's why you are blaming Modi Jee and bakhts all the time for being too soft on Muslims. I was saying it'd be the same if someone like you got up and lynched the ultra right wing Islamist party head Saad Rizvi for blasphemy because Saad Rizvi leads the "sar tan se juda" type party. If you still don't get it. NVM.

I don't know who that is sorry
Please see above. That's the person I was talking about.

You missed the point. I meant to say you are too hardcore, even for sanghis. That's why you are blaming Modi Jee and bakhts all the time for being too soft on Muslims. I was saying it'd be the same if someone like you got up and lynched the ultra right wing Islamist party head Saad Rizvi for blasphemy because Saad Rizvi leads the "sar tan se juda" type party. If you still don't get it. NVM.
I am not even religious. It's been years since I went to a temple.

I don't support blasphemy killings. Everyone should be allowed to insult/criticize religious figures

Back
Top Bottom