What's new

Rest in peace, comedian altaf Hussain

Nothing wrong with eating eggs. As long as your BMI is 25 and under and you are not completely sedentary or smoke.
Egg yolk has 250 mcg of cholesterol that's above daily limit of 200

We are talking about perfect world situation

Demographics studies do show high egg diet association with more cardiovascular disease but reality is we have no randomized data. The advise to limit egg yolk is based upon simply expert opinion

Are you a doctor?
:yes4:

Cholesterol is not bad for you, your testicles need cholesterol to make
testosterone. People who take statins to lower cholesterol will also lower
their testosterone at the same time. Their are about 10 different side effects
of statins.

But anyway this thread is about bhai and not health.
1698678615359.png

Cholesterol is not bad for you, your testicles need cholesterol to make
testosterone. People who take statins to lower cholesterol will also lower
their testosterone at the same time. Their are about 10 different side effects
of statins.

But anyway this thread is about bhai and not health.
View attachment 966627
Pseudo science is different field altogether
There is absolutely no association of statin
with testosterone

this has not been seen in animal models and association seen in some meta analysis disappear if adjusted for age and metabolic syndrome

Its like saying ice cream makes you sweat..

When compared to few years ago, Altaf seems to have reduced his weight a bit.

Looked like a bull dog before, now better.

His interview with Wajahat made a lot of sense. Although the guy is a murderer of sorts, but what got him there was an eye opener.

That's true for most Pakistani

Current amount of obesity, smoking diabetes and heart attacks rates are incredible

Pakistani diet is worst in world second to probably only parts of Mexico

Fried food needs to be cut in half (now it's 100%), dairy needs to go (it's 100% now), sugar needs to be zero, bread no more then 2-3/week(100% now) and eggs need to be no more then 3/week(averages 7+)

Ok but why I am complaining..I am going to charge hefty to put stents in there 😂
Are you really Muslim/Doctor putting money above your brothers/Patients ?

Just kidding and completely agree in general except European and some other countries like Japan rest of the world is eating shitty unhealthy food.

When compared to few years ago, Altaf seems to have reduced his weight a bit.

Looked like a bull dog before, now better.

His interview with Wajahat made a lot of sense. Although the guy is a murderer of sorts, but what got him there was an eye opener.

People conveniently forget about that. Much akin to everyone in the west condemning Oct 7th Hamas attacks and glossing over 75+ years of atrocities from the other side.

@ziaulislam my LDL cholesterol is high (215).

Restrict red meat, eggs to 2 days a week.

Weight/height is normal. In my 40s. No smoking, weed, alcohol.

Genetics?
Fried food..!!

Switch to baking stuff or air fryer
Try baked vegetables, add a fish one a week (omega 3 ones like salmon)

Is it genetics? may be; especially if it's still high after cutting fried food

(officially Asian gene is risk modifier but data is all observational behind it..so not sure if it's genes or "Asian habits")

That's pretty high, you should be on statin

Ask your doctor and get a calcium score

Asian habits => sedentary life style, fried food (we put oil and fry everything even vegetables Americans bake vegetables mostly)

Fried food..!!

Switch to baking stuff or air fryer
Try baked vegetables, add a fish one a week (omega 3 ones like salmon)

Is it genetics? may be; especially if it's still high after cutting fried food

(officially Asian gene is risk modifier but data is all observational behind it..so not sure if it's genes or "Asian habits")

That's pretty high, you should be on statin

Ask your doctor and get a calcium score

Asian habits => sedentary life style, fried food (we put oil and fry everything even vegetables Americans bake vegetables mostly)
Has been happening for 4 years.

Started xaratar 10 mg daily (believe its statin). Seems like I have side effects relating to fatigue. Will check again in 3 months. I will ask doc for a calcium score.

I rarely have fried food. Normally I will have chicken/fish masala, curry, korma, karahi with rice and chapati. Maybe its the oil.

Exercise once a week. And have fish oil tablets and garlic tablets intermittently.

Egg yolk has too much cholesterol
It's good idea to limit it to three per week (yolks)
An egg has 1.5 x daily limit

In Canada everyone is on a statin so that helps ! 😂

Hi, i am eggoholic, i am having 2-4 eggs almost daily since decades, never had problems with Cholesterol.
Why are you defaming eggs?

That's true for most Pakistani

Current amount of obesity, smoking diabetes and heart attacks rates are incredible

Pakistani diet is worst in world second to probably only parts of Mexico

Fried food needs to be cut in half (now it's 100%), dairy needs to go (it's 100% now), sugar needs to be zero, bread no more then 2-3/week(100% now) and eggs need to be no more then 3/week(averages 7+)

Ok but why I am complaining..I am going to charge hefty to put stents in there 😂
Almost everything you've mentioned is outdated and obsolete data from 1960s.
Eggs, dairy and fried foods are not a major source of disease. Excess sugar, stress, and lack of exercise is the main driver of disease, both diabetic and cardiovascular.

Hi, i am eggoholic, i am having 2-4 eggs almost daily since decades, never had problems with Cholesterol.
Why are you defaming eggs?
Wahab Riaz eats 24 eggs per day. In fact, this is the standard diet for professional cricketers.

Liver is going to make the cholesterol regardless of whether you had it in diet or not, and even if you maxed out dietary cholesterol, it is absolutely peanuts compared to what the liver makes daily.

Has been happening for 4 years.

Started xaratar 10 mg daily (believe its statin). Seems like I have side effects relating to fatigue. Will check again in 3 months. I will ask doc for a calcium score.
Switch to a bile acid sequesterant, and complement it with psyllium husk (ispagol). Statin symptoms accumulate over time until you're left fighting other diseases caused by it. Myalgia (muscle pain) is the first symptom. Apple cider vinegar, fish/fish oil, flaxseed and soluble fibers all reduce LDL.

Btw, low cholesterol is more fatal than high cholesterol.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom