What's new

Rest in peace, comedian altaf Hussain

Almost everything you've mentioned is outdated and obsolete data from 1960s.
Eggs, dairy and fried foods are not a major source of disease. Excess sugar, stress, and lack of exercise is the main driver of disease, both diabetic and cardiovascular.

Wahab Riaz eats 24 eggs per day. In fact, this is the standard diet for professional cricketers.
Egg whites not yolks..

Look the opinion on eggs is pretty unanimous by American college of cardiology

Now if you don't want to accept it then fine 🙂

Data as you mentioned isn't there we only have population data no randomized trials

Liver is going to make the cholesterol regardless of whether you had it in diet or not, and even if you maxed out dietary cholesterol, it is absolutely peanuts compared to what the liver makes daily.

Switch to a bile acid sequesterant, and complement it with psyllium husk (ispagol). Statin symptoms accumulate over time until you're left fighting other diseases caused by it. Myalgia (muscle pain) is the first symptom. Apple cider vinegar, fish/fish oil, flaxseed and soluble fibers all reduce LDL.

Btw, low cholesterol is more fatal than high cholesterol.
That's not how liver works

:what: :what:

Liver is going to make the cholesterol regardless of whether you had it in diet or not, and even if you maxed out dietary cholesterol, it is absolutely peanuts compared to what the liver makes daily.

Switch to a bile acid sequesterant, and complement it with psyllium husk (ispagol). Statin symptoms accumulate over time until you're left fighting other diseases caused by it. Myalgia (muscle pain) is the first symptom. Apple cider vinegar, fish/fish oil, flaxseed and soluble fibers all reduce LDL.

Btw, low cholesterol is more fatal than high cholesterol.
Oh God

Last edited:
my LDL cholesterol is high (215).

Eat porridge twice a week to lower cholesterol, also olive oil
is very good for lowering cholesterol.

Don't lower it too much otherwise your testosterone levels will go
down as well. This is the reason why I don't take statins, they have
10 different side effects.

I am already missing the great comedian and entertainer of Pakistan:

Don't worry Napak Fouj will keep you entertained with Mota Nawaja and his
brother.

1/3 of patients are like that, they don't believe in cholesterol
I don't mind it alot since I am not a preventive cardiologist (who don't do invasive procedures).

So they sooner or later come back with need for stent in their legs or heart (if they survive the initial heart attack which is good in USA but abysmal in Pakistan)

And most now start believing what I tell them 😂😂😂

Well the only way diet is going to make difference is drastic changes which most won't be able to do that is
Almost cutting all carbs, getting all fried food out which is 100% of Asian diet(we fry everything in oil), losing weight and adding diet of 3-4 times a week fish (omega 3 like salmon) and olive oil

Egg whites not yolks..

Look the opinion on eggs is pretty unanimous by American college of cardiology
Yeah, its unanimous that eggs aren't a problem. Like I said, what you're arguing here is outdated data.
Data as you mentioned isn't there we only have population data no randomized trials

That's not how liver works
That's exactly how the liver works.

Data is abundant but you're data is outdated.

Why don't you tell us about the mortality rate of people with low cholesterol? They are twice as likely to die than anyone with high cholesterol. Or how about the fact that a large chunk of CVD patients don't even have high cholesterol?

Moreover, it's not the total cholesterol number that is a concern, but rather the level of inflammation and cholesterol particles' size, amount, and distribution, all of which are not covered in the standard lipid profile test. Cholesterol by itself isn't inflammatory. A more detailed test is required, such as a vertical auto profile, especially considering that the standard test doesn't even measure LDL but instead estimates it via the Friedewald Equation which is notorious for rendering inaccurate results

The ACC (based in Washington) is a pump house for the pharmaceutical industry; inaccurate testing, false results and prescribe statins to everyone. They are a prong of the private pharmaceutical industry and together they lobby the government in Washington to direct health policies in their favor.

What happened in the US was a corporate battle between the grain industry and meat/oil industries in the 1970's which flipped the original food pyramid upside down, with no evidence of any health benefit, purely for corporate incentives. Meat/fat/oil/eggs got pushed up into small servings while grains/nuts/rice/carbs got pushed down into large servings. Concurrently, the incidence of CVD and diabetes skyrocketed from this juncture on, with large swathes of available evidence pointing at the old pyramid being more accurate. But Pakistan has a copycat culture - just copy what America is doing without own due diligence.

I think I tried everything lol.

My LDL cholesterol is 215 and I believe normal level is 150.

Over the past 4-5 years, I have been
- Eating right. I am not a hardcore eater to begin with. My lunch is light, asian/thai food and dinner desi food.
- I rarely eat fried food and very low on desserts
- I have been eating fish oil tablets and garlic tablets for years
- I switched to porridge for dinner as opposed to desi food (chapati and rice with chicken / fish curry) for few months and the LDL numbers were more or less the same
- 1-2 meals per week of red meat
- 2-3 eggs per week
- apple cider vinegar but that made me more acidic
- exercise once a week (football)

Statin was last resort. I am on very low dosage so lets see how it goes.

Yeah, its unanimous that eggs aren't a problem. Like I said, what you're arguing here is outdated data.

That's exactly how the liver works.

Data is abundant but you're data is outdated.

Why don't you tell us about the mortality rate of people with low cholesterol? They are twice as likely to die than anyone with high cholesterol. Or how about the fact that a large chunk of CVD patients don't even have high cholesterol?

Moreover, it's not the total cholesterol number that is a concern, but rather the level of inflammation and cholesterol particles' size, amount, and distribution, all of which are not covered in the standard lipid profile test. Cholesterol by itself isn't inflammatory. A more detailed test is required, such as a vertical auto profile, especially considering that the standard test doesn't even measure LDL but instead estimates it via the Friedewald Equation which is notorious for rendering inaccurate results

The ACC (based in Washington) is a pump house for the pharmaceutical industry; inaccurate testing, false results and prescribe statins to everyone. They are a prong of the private pharmaceutical industry and together they lobby the government in Washington to direct health policies in their favor.

What happened in the US was a corporate battle between the grain industry and meat/oil industries in the 1970's which flipped the original food pyramid upside down, with no evidence of any health benefit, purely for corporate incentives. Meat/fat/oil/eggs got pushed up into small servings while grains/nuts/rice/carbs got pushed down into large servings. Concurrently, the incidence of CVD and diabetes skyrocketed from this juncture on, with large swathes of available evidence pointing at the old pyramid being more accurate. But Pakistan has a copycat culture - just copy what America is doing without own due diligence.
Sure sure
When do have STEMI do come to me

- Eating right. I am not a hardcore eater to begin with. My lunch is light, asian/thai food and dinner desi food.
- I switched to porridge for dinner as opposed to desi food (chapati and rice with chicken / fish curry) for few months and the LDL numbers were more or less the same
- 2-3 eggs per week

If your calcium score is normal goal is 100
Otherwise 55

Go to YouTube and listen to Dr braunwald lect on hyper lipidemia
Cholesterol numbers take 3-4 months to come down with diet
As I said numbers will only come down
Of you go to Mediterranean diet

Which is almost no red meat 3-4 times a week fish and no fried food

What I do is 3-4 times a week fish
Eggs only on weekend
Use a fryer
And olive oil but still fried food half of the time.
My lipid numbers are still not ideal around; 100

Last edited:
Mackerel, Salman and sardine
Eat them 3-4x a wee
Salmon tastes the best

Fish oil and garlic doesn't work
Fish oil has to be purified and that's not available as supplement

Last edited:

- 2-3 eggs per week

Get a more detailed lipid analysis done, like a VAP.
Be aware, if you're triglycerides are high, you're cholesterol reading on a the standard lipid test will be false.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom