What's new

Russia could convince Pak to stop anti-India terror: Indian PM

pagans

BANNED
Reaction score
MOSCOW: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has said Russia as a "great power" could convince Pakistan not to use terror against India as an instrument
of state policy, observing that country's conduct ran counter to a policy of "good neighbourliness."

Ahead of this three-day official visit to Russia starting Sunday, Singh without naming Pakistan said that India faced an "onset" of terrorism aided, inspired and instigated by that country.

"We believe that Russia being a great power can influence the conduct of Pakistan. Our hope is that Russia's influence will be utilised to convince Pakistan that the strategy of using terror as an instrument of state policy is counter-productive, " Singh said in an interview to the Russian media on the eve of his visit.

Singh, who will be in Russia on his sixth visit as prime minister since he assumed office in 2004. said, "We face in the sub-continent the onset of terrorism aided, inspired and instigated by our neighbour."

On India's part, Singh said that if Pakistan territory ceases to be used by terrorists India saw immense opportunities for the two countries to work together in cooperation.

"There are immense opportunities of expanding trade, investment and technology flow between our two countries." he said.

In the wide-ranging interview before summit talks with President Dmitry Medvedev at the Kremlin as well as meeting Premier Vladimir Putin on Monday, Singh covered issues relating to cooperation in Defence, Civil Nuclear energy, Space and trade.

Russia could convince Pak to stop anti-India terror: PM- Politics/Nation-News-The Economic Times

your PM talks too much and doesnt seem to be using his brains enough nowdays

i guess age does that to you

first of all, Pakistan is not engaged in anti india terror. In fact, it is us who should be stomping on your tiny feet and getting in your faces. You are the one supporting anti Pakistan elements in certain areas of the contry

and besides, pray tell me what leverage Russia has on us? Seriously...

Russian infulence over Pakistan ??????? When did it happen?

I wonder what is Indian PM smoking these days. Or may be he is asking Russia to aid Indian terrorism against Pakistan.
Sitting in US lap if India thinks Russia will do the job for India well its a sorded boon for Russia.

the only "leverage" the ruskies have are the RD-93s, and we are merely the end-users. Russia is still obligated to send them to China as per contract with them.

and majority of Pakistanis are not smashed on vodka on daily basis :rofl:

Hmm.. I wonder if by leverage Mr Mano Singh was reffering to the RD-93...???

the man is delusional....Russians already refused to heed to indian concerns over the RD-93

show the Russians money, and you can be sure they wont ruin opportunity.

and as i said, the Chinese are the ones ordering the engines --we are just the end-users.

Its utter shame india claimed to be regional super power and frequently issue threat of war yet begging US and now russia to use their influence.

So which message of indian govt is tru to their people? India is just bully and emepty threat? Or india is incapable and in mercy of American and Russians?

i guess age does that to you

first of all, Pakistan is not engaged in anti india terror. In fact, it is us who should be stomping on your tiny feet and getting in your faces. You are the one supporting anti Pakistan elements in certain areas of the contry

and besides, pray tell me what leverage Russia has on us? Seriously...

1. He's flattering Russia.

2. More importantly, he's turning world opinion against Pakistan.

3. India doesn't leave any stone unturned to diplomatically hammer Pakistan on a daily basis, so what's stopping Pakistan from presenting its evidence to the intl community?

4. The GoP may not be involved, but there are certainly terrorists in Pakistan that have attacked India.

You being a military professional so definitely much more knowledgeable than me...There is a term called geo-politics and everything cannot be just looked through the mirror of military hardware...Right???

I wonder what is Indian PM smoking these days. Or may be he is asking Russia to aid Indian terrorism against Pakistan.
Sitting in US lap if India thinks Russia will do the job for India well its a sorded boon for Russia.

Jana..you are a senior member and one of those people with whom i started interacting during my toddler days in PDF..Above all you are Journalist(If i am not wrong)...You should very well know the stature of Mr. Manmohan Singh...he is wise enough for people like you and me to suspect his intelligence...If your comments are merely for feel good factor then i have no issues...if you really mean it then please remember Russia can play his part and can use his influence Directly or Indirectly on PAK....You would not like to have an enemy as strong as Russia pitched agaisnt you...would you??? Than there is Russia-China equation that cannot be ruled out...That's where geo-politics come's into picture.....especially when India-US bonhomie is improving don't you think PAK would not like to have more friends especially when the countries at stake are as strong as Russia????

Here is one expert for you...

Russia vowed its support for Pakistan as Pakistan fight against the Taliban militants. Russia also showed interest in Pakistan's civilian nuclear program and offered Pakistan to provide its first Russian-built nuclear reactor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan%E2%80%93Russia_relations

In short the message is don't look at past look at future...

Its utter shame india claimed to be regional super power and frequently issue threat of war yet begging US and now russia to use their influence.

So which message of indian govt is tru to their people? India is just bully and emepty threat? Or india is incapable and in mercy of American and Russians?

So you again...hnmmm...I don't know how much venom you have against India but would appreciate if sometime you back up your statements with some good stuff that we can read and believe in your philosophy??? FOr a starter let me tell you we want to be a regional super power...We are no ware close to be a super power however we have enough muscle that we cannot be ignored...Secondly there is a term called Diplomacy...even US comes to PAk for help against there fight on terror...Does that mean US is at mercy of PAK??? or do you have doubts against US being a super power as well??? The message is plane and simple we are asking our friends to use their influence to stop terror activities emanating from PAK...Where do you see begging??

^^^ cool down dude ... and bye bye ...dosent seem youre gonna be here for long...ne ways .... MM singh is too wise to blabber some gibbersish ..so guys its been proven long ago that pakistani soil is bieng used BY NON STATE actors against india .... no point in flogging the dead horse agin , and try not to start everything all over ,again NO DEJA VU please

Well i posed a simple question, didn't I????

What leverage does Russia have over Pakistan exactly??

Just answer the question.

Jana,

A friendly advice.

To ask a Sikh what he is smoking is the same as asking a Muslim what type of pork is he eating - it is taboo and anathema to both and not worth mentioning even in a lighter vien or in passing.

You could however definitely ask a sikh what brand of whisky he is drinking - no offense will be taken on that.;)

As rgds the comment of MMS, consider it simply nothing more a than political statement - meant for the world & not locally.

Back
Top Bottom