What's new

Russia could convince Pak to stop anti-India terror: Indian PM

:woot: really sikhs dont smoke at all ???

and hey this MMS hehehehe good nick MMS :D

Jana,

I always thought that journalists were more aware than the all & sundry about such issues.

Yes, Sikhism does not permit smoking.

@Mods

If possible please close the thread and delete all the offensive posts...Once members cool down and if anyone have anything useful to add we can always open it later...

Regards

WHY CANT SIKHS SMOKE.

He equated smoking in Sikhism to alcoholism in Islam. So i am wondering why it is explicitly haram in Sikhism

not trying to encourage smoking....im just curious

the only "leverage" the ruskies have are the RD-93s, and we are merely the end-users. Russia is still obligated to send them to China as per contract with them.

and majority of Pakistanis are not smashed on vodka on daily basis :rofl:

just a small doubt,,,,,the engine that comes for your locally made jf17 has to go to china before it comes to pakistan.......why the hell cant you get them diectly to pakistan if you are producing your fighters there????

the engines are RD-93s, genius. Those are Russian engines.

indian protested to their main arms supplier, and Russians rejected the freeze in supply. They just like to get paid.

WHY CANT SIKHS SMOKE.

He equated smoking in Sikhism to alcoholism in Islam. So i am wondering why it is explicitly haram in Sikhism

not trying to encourage smoking....im just curious

Not that I am a sikh yet find some outstanding virtues in this religion.

I am reproducing some relevant extracts from what I found - pls disregard the grammar & syntax.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&so...ueTXAw&usg=AFQjCNFT9jYOj8gdyYv7SFhGbrt-4ofw2A

Guru Kabir ,Guru Farid and Guru Nanak were were against the habit smoking of cigarette and prohibit it and were social reformer.

Guru Kabir was raised among a Muslim community of weavers where habit smoking and smoking cigarette was common. Guru Kabir was never formally educated . According to Guru Kabir, all life is interplay of breathing energy .Guru Kabir says that the habit smoking and smoking cigarette effect breathing energy .So the habit smoking and smoking cigarette obstruct conscious state of mental power. Guru Kabir prohibit the habit smoking and smoking cigarette. Guru accepts the concept of reincarnation and the law of Karma. From Islam Guru Kabir takes the affirmation of the single god and prohibit the habit smoking of cigarette, which is common among Muslims. From Hinduism Guru Kabir ptohibit caste system and prohibit hero worship. It prohibit of the habit smoking of cigarette in Hinduism. Not only has Guru Kabir influenced Muslims and Hindus but Guru Kabir is few of the major inspirations behind Sikhism as well. Guru Kabir has written much poetry and song to adore God. Part of Guru Kabir preaching are songs sung in deep concentration and are part of Guru Granth Sahib which prohibit the habit smoking and smoking cigarette and ask its followers to Quit habit smoking and smoking cigarette.....

...This concept to prohibit the habit smoking and smoking cigarette of these Guru has since becoming of fundamental importance for relaxation and spiritual knowledge (Jnana) . These Guru guide the disciple through the path of liberation and the habit of Quit smoking of cigarette and smoking cigarette and of deep breathing . Although the spiritual path could be followed alone, there is a necessity at a certain stage of the habit of Quit smoking of cigarette and smoking cigarette. It purify deep breathing and relaxation.

As I see it, some of the underlying reasons could be :

1. Not to be ( get) addicted to any form of vice - something that binds you to itself or you cannot do without. Smoking being addictive.

2. Not to impair the strength of the human body - smoking does reduce the vital capacity of the lungs.

Seems logical. Sikhism being a relatively ' young' religion has the advantage of having picked up the good / relevant points of all religions including Islam & Hinduism. Their ceremonies too are simple and to the point and not ostentatious.

I respect that.

Hell -- i quit smoking 2 weeks ago (after a 9 year stretch) and i feel greater than ever. Sleep better, food tastes better. Etc.

i do feel a bit homicidal at times, especially on mondays between 8 am and 6 pm. But what can ya do. Nothing a little squash or running can't heal.

mods please close this thread,

even the flame wars have degraded to much here

mods please close this thread,

even the flame wars have degraded to much here

Your kid started it by ABUSING
I request the moderators to ban this scum so that he doesnt using his crapy brain to stir some more trouble from US??????????????:hitwall:

There isn't a shameless conniver, a potato-headed treacherous bufon than that shikhastakhor named mora modon mohon. Having tuft of hairs in his chicks and talking with mice's vocal, that haram khor lies through his teeth to stab Muslims and PAK back. In last SAAF meeting at BD, our EX PM showed him the highest level of respect but in return that Mo-Fo stabbed her back by empowering RAWAMY criminals that literally destroyed BD and sold it to freaking Malu of IND. Bad mouthing against PAK has been the theme of his PHD thesis otherwise why on earth that shameless freak only make the biggest loser out of himself by talking against PAK in foreign capitals whereas Gilani doesn't say an unnecessary word against IND. Bloody modon Indian at its premiership, who thinks that song and turban would save his types from both of Muslims and Malus.:sniper:

The idea is to keep up the psychological pressure (clearly its working) and isolate Pakistan internationally. He's done a pretty good job so far.

The idea is to keep up the psychological pressure (clearly its working) and isolate Pakistan internationally. He's done a pretty good job so far.

Pretty good job in Indian dictionary, not in ours or others dictionary. The recent offensive by Indian leadership showed the real picture of the Indian intentions that is why the whining had no outcome for India as nothing came out of the useless rant.

Rather they made a laughing stock out of themselves. :rofl::rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom