What's new

Russia could convince Pak to stop anti-India terror: Indian PM

to all due respect to Manmohan he should not expect russia to do this. Russia should clean up its know backyard. They have enough terrorism in their country.

Pretty good job in Indian dictionary, not in ours or others dictionary. The recent offensive by Indian leadership showed the real picture of the Indian intentions that is why the whining had no outcome for India as nothing came out of the useless rant.

Rather they made a laughing stock out of themselves. :rofl::rofl:

Care to elaborate or are you happy in your own little world?

Laughing stock? Yeah, that's why MMS was in DC a week ago and in Moscow today. Believe what you want, it changes nothing.

Pakistan is a country of a 180 million people and an important 'ally' in WoT, therefore we can never render Pakistan 'irrelevant'. What we can do is pressure Pakistan internationally and isolate it as far as possible, of course Pakistan makes the job easier (and necessary) for us by doing close to nothing to stop groups like the LeT or the Afghan taliban, so if anyone's intentions are clear, its yours.

Time is on our side at the moment so this won't be the last time India highlights the issue of terrorism emanating from Pakistan to our advantage. The only thing Pakistan can do to 'stop' us is take credible action against all the Islamic militants on its soil as any other responsible nation would.

I hope now we can make sense of what we mean by geo-politics....Now we can keep saying that Russia has no leverage over Pak or try and understand how geo-politics works....

*********************************************************************************************************************

Russia joins India in asking Pak to punish 26/11 perpetrators

Russia on Monday backed India’s demand that Pakistan punish the perpetrators of the Mumbai terror attacks.

A joint statement issued after talks between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President Dmitry Medvedev said, “Russia expresses solidarity and support for India’s demand for bringing to book the perpetrators of the Mumbai terror attacks.”

At a joint press conference with Mr. Medvedev, Mr. Singh said “existing instrumentalities” should be invoked to put pressure on countries which continue to encourage terrorist activities, a veiled reference to the need for focussed strategies to combat terrorism emanating from Pakistan.

Mr. Singh’s assessment on ways to deal with terrorism was shared by Mr. Medvedev who said the two countries are suffering from terror attacks and there should be intensified global cooperation to evolve counter-terrorism strategies.

“We should use every means to have pinpointed action against terrorism,” Mr. Medvedev said, adding that that the two countries should consolidate their counter-terrorism strategies which could be one of the “main” areas of bilateral cooperation.

Warning that the situation in Pakistan and Afghanistan was not satisfying, the Russian President said utmost care should be taken that nuclear assets in Pakistan do not fall into the hand of terrorists and extremists.

Mr. Medvedev said the safety of nuclear weapons was a “sensitive issue.”

“There is a need to ensure that nuclear assets are in safe hands and do not fall into the hands of extremists,” the President said in an apparent reference to the situation in Pakistan in the backdrop of reports of a threat of extremist and terror elements taking control of atomic assets in that country.

During discussions on regional issues at the one-on-one meeting and at the delegation level talks, Mr. Singh said India and Russia have agreed to enhance their cooperation to meet the grave challenges of terrorism and religious extremism that emanate from “our region and threaten both our societies.”

“Both India and Russia have an interest in a stable, prosperous and moderate Afghanistan, and we have agreed to regularly consult each other on the important issue,” he said.

The Hindu : News / National : Russia joins India in asking Pak to punish 26/11 perpetrators

still amounts to jack sh*t in terms of leverage.....if JeI demands Russia give autonomy to angry Chechens, will that change anything?

still amounts to jack sh*t in terms of leverage.....if JeI demands Russia give autonomy to angry Chechens, will that change anything?

Sir with all due respect i have already said that if you are looking for a leverage like Pakistan will bent on her knees than i don't think any country has or will ever have ...Only US had the maximum when it made Pak do a u-turn on Afghan policy...or china will have that kind of leverage if for some reason she chooses to...Now what all India can achieve by such statements is more pressure and Isolation of Pak...Also i did share a link in my last post describing relations between Pak and Russia..Please go through that...I dont think you would like to loose improving relations with Russians...Its not just Rd-93 there at stake.....May be i am wrong in saying what i am saying so may i ask why you think these statements means nothing or if Russia want's still she cannot exert any pressure on Pak??...Trust me i don't argue just for the sake of it..I will be more that happy to learn from you and correct myself...

P.S : May be its just me but don't you think the tone is a little more emphasizing in this statement(especially related to Mumbai)??

Must watch video!!! A Russian expert says everything Indians have always been saying. Diplomacy or not, another country, that Pakistan would be weary about!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Russians are familiar with mujahideen, considering they were the ones who helped humiliate their crumbling empire :)

It's amazing how I still have yet to see one (1) way how Russia has leverage over Pakistan. I'm sure the average Pakistani has no grudge against Russia, even though the average Pakistani is probably glad that we helped the anti-soviet efforts in Afghanistan.

I still remember I was barely 7 years old when the people of Peshawar (and all Pakistan) erupted in joy when the soviets dropped their weapons and hastily withdrew. :)

A bs thread etc!!! only to start flames here withen members i wish ones that post this would actually post ones that can ease tensions here and would talk about friendship and peace rather then this bs ... that is pure trash .. furthermore, no can tell anyone wat to do Pak is at war with these bastards and yes those so called cowards that did that mumbai act should all be killed with no mercey at all. Hence, i hope Pak will do this in between things lets stop this bashing habit to cause tensions here isn't there enough within the two nations & russia needs to mind its on business cuz that country is all messed up with its own prob's .

Ditto Topgun. totally agree on what your sayin. Total wankers here

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom