What's new

Saudi Arabia Hajj help

NeutralCitizen

Reaction score
I been thinking on taking a Hajj very soon but I have a few questions it's my first time ,how long will it take to complete the Hajj ? Any good recommended places to stay ? any possible additional tips or advice.

well congrats for your good intentions and I can guide you for that :D

But do you know you cannot go to Hajj by yourself. You have to buy a Hajj package from your country and they will arrange the visa, accommodation and travel for you. So don't worry about the accommodation as the travel agents are going to arrange depending upon your budget and the packages they may offer.

Hajj is performed in 5 days but people usually go there for minimum 2 weeks to 40 days depending upon your country and the packages...

You asked for additional tips and here're some:
Anybody looking to perform the Hajj must realize that it isn't a tourist trip. There's no sightseeing, really no amazing monuments, just a lot of walking and standing. It's supposed to be arduous and it's supposed to, among other things, remind us of the trip we take when we die from this world. You don't go looking for comfortable accomodation, but you can't be faulted if you do. I'll admit I do have a problem with the Sudi govt. because they built a roof over the safa-marwa vale and we're deprived of the experience of the schorching sand burning our feet and the rewards and the reminder of our mother haajara's hardship it represents.

At least a person from the US has a fair chance of making it there, from our part of the world there's so many applications that a lucky selection gets themselves the opportunity.

well congrats for your good intentions and I can guide you for that :D

But do you know you cannot go to Hajj by yourself. You have to buy a Hajj package from your country and they will arrange the visa, accommodation and travel for you. So don't worry about the accommodation as the travel agents are going to arrange depending upon your budget and the packages they may offer.

Hajj is performed in 5 days but people usually go there for minimum 2 weeks to 40 days depending upon your country and the packages...

thanks zakii I plan on going for 2 weeks.

You asked for additional tips and here're some:
Anybody looking to perform the Hajj must realize that it isn't a tourist trip. There's no sightseeing, really no amazing monuments, just a lot of walking and standing. It's supposed to be arduous and it's supposed to, among other things, remind us of the trip we take when we die from this world. You don't go looking for comfortable accomodation, but you can't be faulted if you do. I'll admit I do have a problem with the Sudi govt. because they built a roof over the safa-marwa vale and we're deprived of the experience of the schorching sand burning our feet and the rewards and the reminder of our mother haajara's hardship it represents.

At least a person from the US has a fair chance of making it there, from our part of the world there's so many applications that a lucky selection gets themselves the opportunity.

agree this isn't a vacation.

Non muslins are allowed to perform hajj ??? :what:

I'm Muslim.

Dude he is just being stupid. He is not muslim , close this troll thread.

wrong again.

Only Allah knows the true intentions- and only Allah can judge him-
We just cant know- so let it be--

Zaki bhai has provided all the necessory information- Jazak Allah Khair !!!-

thank you brother best wishes.

if you go for Umrah you can make the plan by yourself but for Hajj you have to abide by the strict rules and stay within the group of people travelling with you. You can roam around in Makkah and Madina by yourself but whenever the religious duties are to be performed it is recommended to stay in your group otherwise it will be difficult for you to find the people of your group in millions of pilgrims travelling to Makkah and Madina.

If you have any question in mind you can ask and hopefully I should be able to answer your question

^^^ give some advice or tell your experience, dont past videos, there must be thousnds of these on youtube, he can search.

if you go for Umrah you can make the plan by yourself but for Hajj you have to abide by the strict rules and stay within the group of people travelling with you. You can roam around in Makkah and Madina by yourself but whenever the religious duties are to be performed it is recommended to stay in your group otherwise it will be difficult for you to find the people of your group in millions of pilgrims travelling to Makkah and Madina.

If you have any question in mind you can ask and hopefully I should be able to answer your question

so what I should be going for is an umrah, thank you for correcting my mistakes. I intend to to go myself possibly in the next few weeks.

so what I should be going for is an umrah, thank you for correcting my mistakes. I intend to to go myself possibly in the next few weeks.

lol, yes go for Umrah first... Hajj is compulsory for every Muslim who can afford to perform Hajj. But Umrah is not compulsory. But in my opinion if you have performed Umrah before... Hajj becomes easier for you as you already know some places and how to perform Umrah etc. Umrah is also part of Hajj when you are doing Hajj you have to do the same process of Umrah too... so if you know how it works... it's easier to do when you ultimately go for Hajj.

But keep in mind that you should go to Umrah only if you have intentions to perform Hajj in future... otherwise it is advised to go for Hajj as it is mandatory on every Muslim to do it for once in their life time. I may have confused you a little but let me assure you - whether you do Hajj or Umrah... you would want to do it again and again....

So all is well

if you ever plan to go for Umrah on your own... Don't choose the 5 star hotels... behave like an ordinary man and stay in average hotels... live average life --- really --- it's more fun to live a simple life for a couple of days... take that "ME" out of yourself and behave like an ordinary man...

I would recommend you to rent a hotel near Bakkah baiti as that hotel is not far from the Makkah and reasonable priced. I stayed in the hotel behind Bakkah Baity/baiti and was satisfied with the location. It is around 4-8 minutes walk from the Ka'ba and the clock tower was under construction those days...

Bakkah Baiti - Annuaire des hôtels - La Mecque

Abraj Al Bait - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom