What's new

Share your Hajj Story and How(if) it changes anything in your life

Went to Hajj in 2015, alone. The year when a lot of Hajjies died due to accidents like crane collapsing and stampede in Mina. Was lucky that I missed the stampede.

20150920_062844.jpg

20150929_201756.jpg

20150917_191806.jpg

Alhamdullilah had many intense spiritual experiences which I think not many can relate to.

So this is Hajj Season, as Y'all know and people (Muslims) are going on Hajj and those who are not practicing the ritual of Sacrifice, So how many of you PDFians have been to Hajj ? or Ummrah and how much does it effects your lives, and if didn't then why do you think it didn't? What was your experience of entering the Mecca and Medina was like? How did the taking Ahram for time goes? were you scared off missing any Arkan of Hajj, Did you fear any mischief in your heart ? What was the best Part of your Hajj time which you can say was the best and most enlighten experience in your opinion? What was the first thing that comes to your mind when you saw Kabba? or Prophets Mosque? How does it feel to walk on the same land as Prophet, does it ever occur that your foot step might be on same spot where Prophet might have stood or sit or walked? have you or anyone experienced any spiritual or physical miracle, something which you cannot explain and trying to figure it out to this date? Any weird or unexplainable story or event that occurs during your hajj times?

We share our first Gun experience, First Car experience etc so lets see how many Hajji's we have on PDF and how much this 5th Pillar of Islam change your life?

Share it with Truth and no exaggeration, Jazak Allah Khair and Early Eid Mubarak to everyone.

@HRK @Blacklight @SQ8 @MastanKhan @ghazi52 @Zarvan @Iltutmish @Mentee @Dalit @PanzerKiel @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Indos @Windjammer @The Accountant @The Eagle @Gomig-21 @The SC @graphican @Meengla @ziaulislam @Bilal. @fitpOsitive @Taimoor Khan @Taimur Khurram @Areesh @313ghazi @khanasifm @PakFactor @Mrc @Falcon29
and anyone who is Muslim and celebrating Eid or Hajj.
Bhai mery, only 60000 people from all around the globe were permitted this year. Pakistans quota is around 5 to 6 thousand (hardly).
PDF is a very small community.

Salam.
Hajj is a very different journey which is not easy to summarise in a post. Every aspect of this journey whether it be finances, logistics or the sheer physical stress and associated exertion due to its various components, has a lasting impact on one’s spiritual being. You get to see, meet and interact with people of so many different cultures and languages and yet you feel as if they are a part of you and you are a part of them.
It's a calling that when and if it comes... everything falls perfectly into place and even though you encounter so many hurdles and difficulties...at the end of it you feel you wouldn't have done it any differently.
The experience is exhilarating to be honest...so many different moments that standout.. Everytime you experience something bitter Allah SWT follows it up with something so beautiful and wonderful that you just forget the pain and stress that you went through....

when you setoff from your home you are highly likely to face flight delays in Pakistan and then long waiting hours at Jeddah airport and then waiting for the bus in sweltering heat...once you get on the bus at Jeddah airport you are already 12-14 hours without any rest and then you have to perform umrah aswell as soon as you enter Makkah.
So when you reach Makkah things only get more stressful since it's Hajj and Makkah is supposed to host around 2 million pilgrims. But all that physical exertion is nothing compared to the feeling you get when your gaze falls on the Kabba. It is an absolutely mesmerizing feeling. People don't let go of that first gaze and sometimes they just stand keep looking for even hours...and then you start the tawwaf...after that you drink Zamzam and honestly I lost count of how many glasses I had. Then off to saffa and marwa and you complete the umrah...took us well over 24 hours to complete the umrah..

Hajj is of three types...Ifrat, Qiran, Tammatto. In a nutshell the difference is in Hajj Ifrat you perform Hajj only without umrah and so you enter state of ahraam only for Hajj. The locals do this type of Hajj. The second type is Hajj Qiran and that is the type of Hajj Nabi Kareem SAW performed while on Hajj e Wida. You basically perform umrah and subsequently Hajj without coming out of state of ahraam. The third type is where you do the umrah and then come out of state of ahraam and then again go in state of ahraam before leaving for Minna on 8th of zilhajja. We Pakistanis mostly perform this type of Hajj and this is why we do the Qurbani there which is also called Dam-e-Tammatto.
Then off you go to Minna and it's absolutely jam-packed there. The heat in Makkah can be very unforgiving and even though the tents there are air-conditioned still you feel kind of suffocated. Then from Minna you head for Arafah on the 9th and this by far is the most physically demanding and stressful day of Hajj. The logistics of it...are unbelievable...2 million people are to reach plains of Arafah which is around 4x4 km area and it feels like a programmed chaos. And then comes the most spiritually high moments of your life when you start making Dua in Arafah. From Asr till Maghrib...you feel as if...there is no one else but you and Allah present there...and you find it difficult to hold back...you know it in your heart that this is the place where you will meet your Lord come the day of judgement...you only pray zuhr and asr in Arafah and maghrib is delayed and prayed with Isha in Mazdelafa. That is where you pick up stones for Rami(pelting of the shaytan) for the next three days. At fajr you leave back for Mina and then from there you head to the Jamarat for Rami. You only pelt the first Jamra on 10th and then when you are done with that then you get haircut or shaven and come out of state of ahraam.
Next step is tawwaf ziyara and you get to see a sea of people in the mataaf area surrounding the Kabba and you know you have made it...
But that's not the end of the story because for many, after completing the Hajj they go to Madina...I remember I was sad when I left Makkah...but at the outskirts of Madina I felt happy. The moment you enter the Prophet's masjid you feel restless until you have reached His resting place and have conveyed your Salam to Him...

I am sorry it's been a long post but...it was a journey that did change a lot for me. I'll just say one thing...the money I spent in the Prophet's city I got it back multiplied by 3 within days of coming back to Pakistan. I was told that this would happen honestly but I couldn't have predicted how..

Alhumdulillah I was given the toufiq by Allah SWT to perform Hajj in 2017.

I have never been to hajj or umrah and its my dream to go. I believe Allah will provide the finances when its time.

I recently discovered the jews have a program where they give overseas jews a trip to israel for free.

I recently discovered the jews have a program where they give overseas jews a trip to israel for free.

Well they can and jews are very few, muslims are way too many.

Salam.
Hajj is a very different journey which is not easy to summarise in a post. Every aspect of this journey whether it be finances, logistics or the sheer physical stress and associated exertion due to its various components, has a lasting impact on one’s spiritual being. You get to see, meet and interact with people of so many different cultures and languages and yet you feel as if they are a part of you and you are a part of them.
It's a calling that when and if it comes... everything falls perfectly into place and even though you encounter so many hurdles and difficulties...at the end of it you feel you wouldn't have done it any differently.
The experience is exhilarating to be honest...so many different moments that standout.. Everytime you experience something bitter Allah SWT follows it up with something so beautiful and wonderful that you just forget the pain and stress that you went through....

when you setoff from your home you are highly likely to face flight delays in Pakistan and then long waiting hours at Jeddah airport and then waiting for the bus in sweltering heat...once you get on the bus at Jeddah airport you are already 12-14 hours without any rest and then you have to perform umrah aswell as soon as you enter Makkah.
So when you reach Makkah things only get more stressful since it's Hajj and Makkah is supposed to host around 2 million pilgrims. But all that physical exertion is nothing compared to the feeling you get when your gaze falls on the Kabba. It is an absolutely mesmerizing feeling. People don't let go of that first gaze and sometimes they just stand keep looking for even hours...and then you start the tawwaf...after that you drink Zamzam and honestly I lost count of how many glasses I had. Then off to saffa and marwa and you complete the umrah...took us well over 24 hours to complete the umrah..

Hajj is of three types...Ifrat, Qiran, Tammatto. In a nutshell the difference is in Hajj Ifrat you perform Hajj only without umrah and so you enter state of ahraam only for Hajj. The locals do this type of Hajj. The second type is Hajj Qiran and that is the type of Hajj Nabi Kareem SAW performed while on Hajj e Wida. You basically perform umrah and subsequently Hajj without coming out of state of ahraam. The third type is where you do the umrah and then come out of state of ahraam and then again go in state of ahraam before leaving for Minna on 8th of zilhajja. We Pakistanis mostly perform this type of Hajj and this is why we do the Qurbani there which is also called Dam-e-Tammatto.
Then off you go to Minna and it's absolutely jam-packed there. The heat in Makkah can be very unforgiving and even though the tents there are air-conditioned still you feel kind of suffocated. Then from Minna you head for Arafah on the 9th and this by far is the most physically demanding and stressful day of Hajj. The logistics of it...are unbelievable...2 million people are to reach plains of Arafah which is around 4x4 km area and it feels like a programmed chaos. And then comes the most spiritually high moments of your life when you start making Dua in Arafah. From Asr till Maghrib...you feel as if...there is no one else but you and Allah present there...and you find it difficult to hold back...you know it in your heart that this is the place where you will meet your Lord come the day of judgement...you only pray zuhr and asr in Arafah and maghrib is delayed and prayed with Isha in Mazdelafa. That is where you pick up stones for Rami(pelting of the shaytan) for the next three days. At fajr you leave back for Mina and then from there you head to the Jamarat for Rami. You only pelt the first Jamra on 10th and then when you are done with that then you get haircut or shaven and come out of state of ahraam.
Next step is tawwaf ziyara and you get to see a sea of people in the mataaf area surrounding the Kabba and you know you have made it...
But that's not the end of the story because for many, after completing the Hajj they go to Madina...I remember I was sad when I left Makkah...but at the outskirts of Madina I felt happy. The moment you enter the Prophet's masjid you feel restless until you have reached His resting place and have conveyed your Salam to Him...

I am sorry it's been a long post but...it was a journey that did change a lot for me. I'll just say one thing...the money I spent in the Prophet's city I got it back multiplied by 3 within days of coming back to Pakistan. I was told that this would happen honestly but I couldn't have predicted how..

Alhumdulillah I was given the toufiq by Allah SWT to perform Hajj in 2017.
That was very informative post, I would have left positive rating but unfortunately it doesn't appear for Members Club section

Yeah visiting the city of Prophet S.A.W.W is a very nice experience on its own. The last time I went to Umrah with my wife in 2018, we went to Madinah first, spent really good time there before heading to Makkah and then to Jeddah. It saved us a lot of time by not travelling to Jeddah again and again.

We started our journey from London>Dubai>Sharjah>Madinah>Makkah>Jeddah>London.

That was very informative post, I would have left positive rating but unfortunately it doesn't appear for Members Club section

Yeah visiting the city of Prophet S.A.W.W is a very nice experience on its own. The last time I went to Umrah with my wife in 2018, we went to Madinah first, spent really good time there before heading to Makkah and then to Jeddah. It saved us a lot of time by not travelling to Jeddah again and again.

We started our journey from London>Dubai>Sharjah>Madinah>Makkah>Jeddah>London.

JazakAllah khair for reading. I am glad you found it useful.

Performed Hajj in 2011 right after I got out of the military, technically I was still in and was on leave at that time. Anyway, It was the last min decision. Like 30 to 45 days before the departure date. Came back from work, Hajj advert on TV, I said, let go on Hajj, Ami said, Yes. let go. The next few days, I google, selected an agent, and wrote a check, and handover the passport to the agent. which is funny, because that guy to who I handed the check and passport was not a travel agent, just an unknown middle man sitting in his apartment. What was more amazing, that year, thousand of Hajjis got scammed all over the US (including my friend in NY) to big established travel agents (because they were not approved by Saudis for Hajj). The news was big and was even on local news in the US. Not only did we end up getting Hajj visas, we got it, after submitting our vaccination and passport almost at the last moment. My leave was still in limbo.

Moving forward, Day of departure, I had a court date, for a traffic ticket, I show up in court in Uniform, My idiot's lawyer was not there and I had a flight at 1200 pm. Unknown military-friendly lawyers in court saw me in Uniform and took my ticket walk up to the prosecutor's table, came back a moment later, and said, your ticket has been dismissed. Texas is a very military-friendly state.

Now I am off to the airport with my mother. Flew Jordanian airline (mistake). End in Amman Jordon, well very tired, Anyway our travel guy told us that, he will be there with rest of the Hajjis and there is the hotel for us. Guess what, some flight mixup, and he was not there. Anyway, we shell out money from our pocket and found a hotel in Amman for the night, next day in Saudia. US passport has its perks, so we were processed relatively quicker, our travel guy with other hajjis was there. Travel guys (Arabi) collected the whole group passport, spoke arbi to Saudis staff, and next thing you know we are on the bus to Makkah. We were headed to the Azizia residential area of Makkah, which is 15 min drive from Haram. I opted for a cheaper package instead of booking a fancy hotel next to Kabba. I do not want to be extravagant on a religious trip. Plus Travel guys painted a rosy picture of Azizia like it is from a walking distance from Haram, which was a lie. Anyway, now we have to catch a van every time we need to go haram. If I knew better, I would have paid extra and opted for a hotel next to Haram.

I heard all the emotional stories about the first glimpse at Kabba. Guess what, I had almost zero emotions. either I have seen the world's architecture too much or maybe I was emotionless and dead inside after combat deployment a year earlier and or time in the military. Maybe people just over-exaggerate or lie about their feelings. Anyway, I was there for a mission, and that was for Hajj. I was not worried about emotions, pictures, updating status on Facebook, or visiting Saudis cities or Historical sites. I wanted a full reward. So I carried on with my mission. I had a strange and amazing emotional experience while performing tawaf, which I won't get into. @Bigbang1983 already drew the picture of Hajj, so I won't get into it. Few points, At Mount Arafat, some Africans were acting like idiots and pushing people off the cliff. At Jamaraat Bridge some Idiots (worker class) Pakistan was pushing people. They were healthy adult males, who were acting like they were paid to create chaos, They were dressed in shalwar Kameez, so they were not Hajjis, they were pushing people and running them over in the opposite direction while yelling and enjoying "Bhag O bhag, police aee, Police aee" . I seriously think someone paid them to create stampead.

So now I was throwing stones at devil also for the other older people in group. While I was doing the ritual, I felt stone hitting me. I look back and some old small Malaysian woman was throwing stones standing all the way back. So ya, watch out for weak old stone-throwers, the reach is not far enough to land on the devil.

Fast forward to Kabba, and I chose a smaller circle near Kabba in the super heavy crowd, because, I have experienced larger circle on the second and third floor in less rush and they were large and tiring. When it was time to get a haircut, barbershops were full and they were charging hajjis 5 to 8 times the regular amount. so we cut pieces of our hair ourselves.

During the Hajj day, walk to Jamrat and from Jamrat to Haram is all jammed packed with humans. You will find Saudis on bikes offering 5 min rides for to your destination for 300 Saudi Riyal to $100 dollars. They will just ask for random prices to make money. Even bus and van service to Azizia will cost 50 instead of regular 5.

Then we were off to Medina.

So long story short, Book a hotel closer to the Haram. Madina people are much nicer and softspoken than Makkah. Keep extra cash. Yes, there is a permanent change after Hajj. I Started praying. now missing them again, after so many years and due to work. I try to abstain from all major sins. So far I am successful. I had severe symptoms of some sort of magic or evil eye, which I did not know about, and it went away. I know now, I had it after I did a lit bit of research on it.

...and ya, I got married little later, paid all expenses from my pocket, even tho I was jobless and was going back to University. So, ya I do not know how but whatever I had, there was a lot of burkat in it. Somehow I think I had more money in my account after Hajj and at the time of marriage than when I was working and paid for hajj. So Hajj was more than reimbursed by the one who invited me to his house in Makkah.

Now here is your potato, if you made it all the way to then end.

1626979932145.png

Last edited:
So this is Hajj Season, as Y'all know and people (Muslims) are going on Hajj and those who are not practicing the ritual of Sacrifice, So how many of you PDFians have been to Hajj ? or Ummrah and how much does it effects your lives, and if didn't then why do you think it didn't? What was your experience of entering the Mecca and Medina was like? How did the taking Ahram for time goes? were you scared off missing any Arkan of Hajj, Did you fear any mischief in your heart ? What was the best Part of your Hajj time which you can say was the best and most enlighten experience in your opinion? What was the first thing that comes to your mind when you saw Kabba? or Prophets Mosque? How does it feel to walk on the same land as Prophet, does it ever occur that your foot step might be on same spot where Prophet might have stood or sit or walked? have you or anyone experienced any spiritual or physical miracle, something which you cannot explain and trying to figure it out to this date? Any weird or unexplainable story or event that occurs during your hajj times?

We share our first Gun experience, First Car experience etc so lets see how many Hajji's we have on PDF and how much this 5th Pillar of Islam change your life?

Share it with Truth and no exaggeration, Jazak Allah Khair and Early Eid Mubarak to everyone.

@HRK @Blacklight @SQ8 @MastanKhan @ghazi52 @Zarvan @Iltutmish @Mentee @Dalit @PanzerKiel @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Indos @Windjammer @The Accountant @The Eagle @Gomig-21 @The SC @graphican @Meengla @ziaulislam @Bilal. @fitpOsitive @Taimoor Khan @Taimur Khurram @Areesh @313ghazi @khanasifm @PakFactor @Mrc @Falcon29
and anyone who is Muslim and celebrating Eid or Hajj.
went in 2017. Best thing I did in my Life. I cannot describe the feeling When I first saw Both Haram. I cannot put it into words.

my Highlights were, My Hajj Package was arranged in such a way that My group arrived ahead of everyone else and left after all the other people had gone home.

I saw that sadly how unorganised, undisciplined we Muslims sadly are. The most organised and disciplined Muslims I saw were from Turkey, Indonesia and Malaysia. Their conduct and their mannerism, their organisation was impressive.

In Makkah my hotel was a mile from Haram Sharif. That walk to Haram and back to hotel was always a great trip.

when I arrived at the hotel, the electricity would go off 3-4 times a day. conveniently the hotel was being run by Pakistani guys. There was loadshedding at the hotel!! My Algerian roommates asked me to question the staff about the power cuts. So I asked in our own lingo as to what is going on and the staff were shocked that i was Pakistani. So I asked them in our own lingo if they were trying to keep the memory of Pakistan alive with these power cuts. The proprietor laughed and said no. They have a genuine issue and it will be resolved.

The Last Friday before Hajj officially begins and suddenly alot of people had arrived too. me and my room mates all set out to read Juma at haram 3 hours before. Sadly were were 3 hours late as so many people had already packed the haram. so the security closed entrance to the haram. Now I found myself under the blazing sun without any water. I made the mistake of leaving my water bladder at the hotel. standing under the blazing sun and it wasn't even midday. The Mercury was rising until it was midday. trapped among a sea of people like canned sardines unable to go forward or back. People began collapsing due to heat exhaustion. I made a mistake of wearing winter shalwar kameez. I don't really wear shalwar Kameez and the only pair I had were winter ones made from a thicker cloth. I sweated so much, so much that sweat began to drip off my clothes. The daman part of kameez was dripping sweat on the ground. People were being carried over head to the sides those who had collapsed and could not get up again. Eventually Dhur time started and read Juma standing up without any space to do rukuh let alone sajda.

After that event I made sure I took my water bladder everywhere I went. sadly I kept getting stopped by security who were intrigued by a pipe coming out of my backpack over my shoulder and dangling at front. Infact I got a lot of stares from people.

If you wear shalwar Kameez you are Pakistani and next thing you know all the security start talking to you in broken Urdu. Then if you are wearing Shalwar Kameez you get approached by other Pakistani's. I was at the top level of the Tawaf circular looking down waiting for Maghrib. Where I was standing there was no one standing in my vicinity. I then looked after after sometime and there is a huge crowd of Pakistani haji's standing next to me striking up their traditional gup shup. I didn't even hear them or notice them but they literally appeared out of nowhere.

I better stop here. otherwise I will keep going.

Performed Hajj in 2011 right after I got out of the military, technically I was still in and was on leave at that time. Anyway, It was the last min decision. Like 30 to 45 days before the departure date. Came back from work, Hajj advert on TV, I said, let go on Hajj, Ami said, Yes. let go. The next few days, I google, selected an agent, and wrote a check, and handover the passport to the agent. which is funny, because that guy to who I handed the check and passport was not a travel agent, just an unknown middle man sitting in his apartment. What was more amazing, that year, thousand of Hajjis got scammed all over the US (including my friend in NY) to big established travel agents (because they were not approved by Saudis for Hajj). The news was big and was even on local news in the US. Not only did we end up getting Hajj visas, we got it, after submitting our vaccination and passport almost at the last moment. My leave was still in limbo.

Moving forward, Day of departure, I had a court date, for a traffic ticket, I show up in court in Uniform, My idiot's lawyer was not there and I had a flight at 1200 pm. Unknown military-friendly lawyers in court saw me in Uniform and took my ticket walk up to the prosecutor's table, came back a moment later, and said, your ticket has been dismissed. Texas is a very military-friendly state.

Now I am off to the airport with my mother. Flew Jordanian airline (mistake). End in Amman Jordon, well very tired, Anyway our travel guy told us that, he will be there with rest of the Hajjis and there is the hotel for us. Guess what, some flight mixup, and he was not there. Anyway, we shell out money from our pocket and found a hotel in Amman for the night, next day in Saudia. US passport has its perks, so we were processed relatively quicker, our travel guy with other hajjis was there. Travel guys (Arabi) collected the whole group passport, spoke arbi to Saudis staff, and next thing you know we are on the bus to Makkah. We were headed to the Azizia residential area of Makkah, which is 15 min drive from Haram. I opted for a cheaper package instead of booking a fancy hotel next to Kabba. I do not want to be extravagant on a religious trip. Plus Travel guys painted a rosy picture of Azizia like it is from a walking distance from Haram, which was a lie. Anyway, now we have to catch a van every time we need to go haram. If I knew better, I would have paid extra and opted for a hotel next to Haram.

I heard all the emotional stories about the first glimpse at Kabba. Guess what, I had almost zero emotions. either I have seen the world's architecture too much or maybe I was emotionless and dead inside after combat deployment a year earlier and or time in the military. Maybe people just over-exaggerate or lie about their feelings. Anyway, I was there for a mission, and that was for Hajj. I was not worried about emotions, pictures, updating status on Facebook, or visiting Saudis cities or Historical sites. I wanted a full reward. So I carried on with my mission. I had a strange and amazing emotional experience while performing tawaf, which I won't get into. @Bigbang1983 already drew the picture of Hajj, so I won't get into it. Few points, At Mount Arafat, some Africans were acting like idiots and pushing people off the cliff. At Jamaraat Bridge some Idiots (worker class) Pakistan was pushing people. They were healthy adult males, who were acting like they were paid to create chaos, They were dressed in shalwar Kameez, so they were not Hajjis, they were pushing people and running them over in the opposite direction while yelling and enjoying "Bhag O bhag, police aee, Police aee" . I seriously think someone paid them to create stampead.

So now I was throwing stones at devil also for the other older people in group. While I was doing the ritual, I felt stone hitting me. I look back and some old small Malaysian woman was throwing stones standing all the way back. So ya, watch out for weak old stone-throwers, the reach is not far enough to land on the devil.

Fast forward to Kabba, and I chose a smaller circle near Kabba in the super heavy crowd, because, I have experienced larger circle on the second and third floor in less rush and they were large and tiring. When it was time to get a haircut, barbershops were full and they were charging hajjis 5 to 8 times the regular amount. so we cut pieces of our hair ourselves.

During the Hajj day, walk to Jamrat and from Jamrat to Haram is all jammed packed with humans. You will find Saudis on bikes offering 5 min rides for to your destination for 300 Saudi Riyal to $100 dollars. They will just ask for random prices to make money. Even bus and van service to Azizia will cost 50 instead of regular 5.

So long story short, Book a hotel closer to the Haram. Madina people are much nicer and softspoken than Makkah. Keep extra cash. Yes, there is a permanent change after Hajj. I Started praying. now missing them again, after so many years and due to work. I try to abstain from all major sins. So far I am successful. I had severe symptoms of some sort of magic or evil eye, which I did not know about, and it went away. I know now, I had it after I did a lit bit of research on it.

...and ya, I got married little later, paid all expenses from my pocket, even tho I was jobless and was going back to University. So, ya I do not know how but whatever I had, there was a lot of burkat in it. Somehow I think I had more money in my account after Hajj and at the time of marriage than when I was working and paid for hajj. So Hajj was more than reimbursed by the one who invited me to his house in Makkah.

View attachment 764419
You are not the only one without emotions

I think it’s just your profession which makes you emotionless

when someone gets ill, I usually feel sad or express my feelings for them but my wife is completely emotionless as she sees people dying everyday in her hospital and GP practice so it’s not a news for her

View attachment 764419
You are not the only one without emotions

when someone gets ill, I usually feel sad or express my feelings for them but my wife is completely emotionless as she sees people dying everyday in her hospital and GP practice so it’s not a news for her

I’m the same way now, in the past I used to be the emotional type anyone who would suffer or be hurt even the slightest I’d feel for them even if not related to me. After certain events that transpired in my life I’ve lost all emotions, it would have to be something extraordinary for me to even shed a tear, my mother ended up in the hospital once I didn’t have any emotions.

I haven’t done Hajj but I have done Umrah right before the lockdown started even in Makkah I didn’t feel much emotions but Medina was different.

Actually I disagree with you on this, Khalid Bin Waleed RA , Ali RA all were warriors aka Military guys and yet you find their emotions openly when they heard Quran, there are reports of Khalid Bin Waleed crying and scared when he listens to Quran, it does not matter if you are a soldier or General , leader or beggar... The emotions comes from heart not from Profession.

It is nice that people share their experience, what I understand that people have a special place in their hearts of Madina, Prophets pray to Allah for the people to love Madina which as always comes true, I heard some interesting stories from Madina from some unexplained things to people's generosity but due to the fact i can not confirm them, so I won't share them.. the Place has to be magical no doubt, the man himself walk there is berried there with 2 other great companions.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom