What's new

Shiv Sainiks force Delhi-Lahore bus to drive over Pakistan's flag

If that is the worst insult imaginable, then all the more reason to let people do it, to EXPRESS themselves. It's called freedom of expression. And you know what? It is permitted to burn the US flag in the US. It is not permissible to burn the Indian flag in India.

It is about personal rights. Why should somebody be put in jail for burning a flag? Does burning a flag harm anybody or curtail anybody's rights? NO. Then it is not a crime.

A victimless crime is not a crime.

What exactly are you trying to express by flag burning?? Don't know about the US, but its a serious crime in most countries.

Since it is seen as an insult to national honour, punishment is justified.

What exactly are you trying to express by flag burning?? Don't know about the US, but its a serious crime in most countries.

Since it is seen as an insult to national honour, punishment is justified.

That depends, people express many things through flag burning. The very fact that you perceive it as some deep insult shows that it is expressive.

In any case, you can't punish people just because your sense of honor has been hurt. "Insult to national honor" is a very abstract concept (as is national honor itself), and cannot merit non abstract punishments.

If somebody hurts your honor, hurt his honor back as well, in whatever way you see fit. But don't curtail his freedom of expression or his liberties by imprisoning him in a jail cell.

As I said before, a victimless crime is not a crime. There is something called individual freedom, that no society has a right to take away. Learn more about the rationales for punishment in various jurisprudence, if you want a philosophical understanding.

If you don't desire such a thing, just understand this - you have no right to lock your neighbor in a small room just because he "insults your honor", whatever that may be. And generalizing that, society has no right to imprison people because they hurt the nation's honor, whatever that may be.

That depends, people express many things through flag burning. The very fact that you perceive it as some deep insult shows that it is expressive.

In any case, you can't punish people just because your sense of honor has been hurt. "Insult to national honor" is a very abstract concept (as is national honor itself), and cannot merit non abstract punishments.

If somebody hurts your honor, hurt his honor back as well, in whatever way you see fit. But don't curtail his freedom of expression or his liberties by imprisoning him in a jail cell.

As I said before, a victimless crime is not a crime. There is something called individual freedom, that no society has a right to take away. Learn more about the rationales for punishment in various jurisprudence, if you want a philosophical understanding.

If you don't desire such a thing, just understand this - you have no right to lock your neighbor in a small room just because he "insults your honor", whatever that may be. And generalizing that, society has no right to imprison people because they hurt the nation's honor, whatever that may be.

do you know how many times its happen with indian flag in pakistan and kashmir ?:cuckoo: its brain sickness nothing more for me

do you know how many times its happen with indian flag in pakistan and kashmir ?:cuckoo: its brain sickness nothing more for me

As long as they are burning flags made of cloth, and not real people, I don't care.

For me the real brain sickness is when real, flesh and blood human beings are burnt, in riots or bomb blasts or other violent crimes. I don't care if a million Indian and American and Pakistani flags are burnt every day - but human beings, Indian or American or Pakistani being burnt or bombed or otherwise inconvenienced, is a tragic affair.

Burning flags does not hurt people. Burning people hurts people. That's the difference. I wish we could live in a world where only flags are burnt, and not real human beings. That would be a much better world to live in, don't you think?

pakistan can afford burning flags as all our population is clothed. But INDIA Burning flag made of cloth????? Its a piety they should have given the the flag to someone in mumbai slums to cover themselves

bhai ham bhi religious nahi hain but some one quoted that in India christians are not treated properly was replying to him, aur whiskey ki baat karein toh hum toh Jameson ke bhakht hain:cheers:
to hum kya kary bhai ? we have nothing to do with religion we are atheists :undecided:

bhai ham bhi religious nahi hain but some one quoted that in India christians are not treated properly was replying to him, aur whiskey ki baat karein toh hum toh Jameson ke bhakht hain:cheers:

good akher kaar indo-pak main religion se jaan chooti yaar karo bat daru per

pakistan can afford burning flags as all our population is clothed. But INDIA Burning flag made of cloth????? Its a piety they should have given the the flag to someone in mumbai slums to cover themselves

Ab yaar India aur Pakistan ke flag bane hue kache baniyan log pehnege to kya thik lage ga :what:

bhai glass mein puri bottle thori gusega, ek se toh shuru karna parega na, angrezi daru kambakhat bohut mahengi hogai hain yahabbangalore main:undecided:

mehngi ho gai hai ? na ker yaar punjab ja ker le a wahan sasti hai

Peace haan, I wish I could so something tortures about these patwaris & GEO. Well I see BJP winning the upcoming elections & that's the time real game will start.

Peace haan, I wish I could so something tortures about these patwaris & GEO. Well I see BJP winning the upcoming elections & that's the time real game will start.

I don't see BJP forming govt. however their govt. will be good for Pakistan to settle outstanding things ;)

these cowards can only burn flags, as we know about the BBC resport about Indian man having smallest jigar (lol).

Its funny, in Pakistan we dont even bother a bit about India and thats what pissing them off more. we shrug these kind of news like "pagal hain yar"

Back
Top Bottom