What's new

Should democracy be scrapped in India?

here is an interesting video about the "supa powa" :

Damn aajkal koi bhi mo utake Economist ban jata hai ..... Ok dear could tell me What is the Exact reason for Rupee fall or even this

http://http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120521-709881.html
What u know of Global Risk Aversion...For that matter ...Eurozone crisis and its short term implication for world ..
And for the record ....Ur currency is 1 PKR= 0.6 of INR
Apni currency ki kabhi kabhi fikar kar liya karo mere dost
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-09/pakistan-s-rupee-falls-to-record-low-on-export-growth-concerns.html
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/business/10-Jan-2012/sbp-can-t-do-anything-to-stop-rupee-fall-kardar

PKR ..................93 to a dollar..... lol thats a Tissue paper Currency :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
before comparing US (which is + 200 yrs old) with India, compare India with your nation...

As a Sri Lankan I can DIRECTLY participate and choose our country's president, Also member of parliaments, member of provincial councils and all town council members.
I want to have changes in these sections in my country,

1. Citizens should have some way of DIRECTLY involving in selecting Speaker of the Parliament.
2. Citizens should have some way of DIRECTLY involving in selecting Chief Justice of the country.
3. Citizens should have some way of DIRECTLY involving in parliament decisions, secure Like/Dislike voting system device/android app to every 18+ citizen of my country.

These 3 things enough for now, Implementing #3 adds more value to people. I want to push this idea to our system. ;)

Who are you to decide if democracy should be scrapped in India ?

Strong population of over a billion keep India a democratic system. Rest are just day dreaming on internet.

seriosly dude get a life. Our freedom is the most valuable thing we have. And before talking about changing our country, first come back to India and help to improve things here instead of paying taxes to Luxembourg.

Buddy, will earning in other countries will make you non-indian? I work in India but for a business assigment, I was asked to relocate to Lux on a long term.

I pay taxes in India aslo ;)

Who are you to decide if democracy should be scrapped in India ?

Strong population of over a billion keep India a democratic system. Rest are just day dreaming on internet.

Dude, did I say "scrap democracy in india"? no, instead i asked your opinion, dis is called shooting the messenger.

Buddy, will earning in other countries will make you non-indian? I work in India but for a business assigment, I was asked to relocate to Lux on a long term.

I pay taxes in India aslo ;)

Dude, did I say "scrap democracy in india"? no, instead i asked your opinion, dis is called shooting the messenger.

There is every chance that you will see more terrorism if democracy is replaced by some another system( the alternatives ar not that great).
Democracy gives you a safety valve, puts you at the center of decision making, empowers you to be responsible for your own decisions. Without that people will revolt.
The maoism you see in most eastern and central states, is due to lack of democracy, empowerment and access to justice. People in other places can force their representitives to push govt, which is why you dont see people in mumbai roaming around with guns in their hands.

Yea but we are not talking about Afghanistan. Of course security is important. But I thought this thread was about India and a push even Pakistan is really off topic mate
The only nation around that I can think of that has the choice of gaining freedom(democracy) or having to bend over for a repressive(Taliban) regime is Afghanistan that's all. Security is the first link in this chain that is followed by freedom & some from of democracy cause you should know by now(living in the UK) that there are no better alternatives & as they say its(democracy) the lesser of all evils put together!

This is not China to adopt one party rule. We do not suppress voice of our own people. There can be countless political parties in India. Anybody can claim the stake in governing his/her own country. That is very fundamental difference between us and the oppressive Chicoms. Though we need strong leader, one party rule is not answer to that. Democracy has not failed, its the people who fell short in cashing their potential & the enormous power of a free state.

India is a very unique country. The reason why military leaders do not even dare to consider the prospect of seizing power is solely due to the unique nature of our country. Our country is a nation of contradictions and extreme diversity. It is the ultimate social experiment. How can one individual even hope to command the respect or subservience of a multitude of cultures, sub-cultures, languages and races. One man cannot ever hope to connect with a nation such as India.

We will not last a single day as united India without democracy.

More power to the states, I say.

First comes freedom then everything else ! Ask any slave/captive, human or animals no one wants their freedom taken away & the last few weeks have shown that "true freedom" in CN is all but a fleeting dream except for those who can afford it i.e. those in power or the rich folks !

That's what you claim but it has neither historical nor scientifical evidence.

Have ever heard of Maslow's hierarchy of needs?
Maslow's hierarchy of needs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In history there have been people who sold their children and themselves into slavery for survival. In India this kind of slavery still exists till today in form of bonded labour. As you can see hunger and slavery are often closely connected.

Debt bondage in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about giving these wretched people the mean to survive in order to escape slavery before lecturing loud and mighty about freedom?

Yes Democracy should be scrapped but suggest me something better first.

there is no politics that is not democratic. the question is absurd!

but india should abolish whatever political system it has right now...

there is no politics that is not democratic. the question is absurd!

but india should abolish whatever political system it has right now...

System is all right....its just the corrupt politician who are making this system look dull.

Back
Top Bottom