What's new

Should Kashmir get a chance to decide their future through Referendum?

Should Kashmir get a chance to decide their future through Referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually no, throughout history the individuals never had the right.

The majority don't care for a vote, Boat looters want a vote..

No one cares for Boat looters :)

That unfortunately is the bottomline for the separatists and their fanboys. :D

Oh btw - do you know Mirwaiz was pelted with stones when he tried giving a speech on Army's mishandling? :D

Pakistanis often claim Kashmir as the unfinished business of Partition. That's the communal State policy (since partition was itself was communal!)

But it was unfair that in 1947, only Muslims were asked if they wished to separate. The Hindus were not consulted if they wanted to stay united or not! If a referendum is done, let's do one for all of India and Pakistan as well by the same logic? It's not too far-fetched. East West Germany, North South Yemen etc did get united. Why not do a referendum and get over with it?

If not, then at least let all Indians (who have invested money, shed blood and cried and labored over Kashmir) also have a vote? They certainly have done more for Kashmir than Geelani and his cohorts.

On the other hand, if Muslim majority is the only logic (as it is) then why not hold a referendum in Western UP, North Kerala, parts of West Bengal, Southern Assam, Hyderabad, etc? Why should they be discriminated? They are also as Muslim as a Dar or a Butt(converted from Dhar and Bhatt) of Kashmir. They should also be given the choice of not only joining Pakistan but carry the land along as well!

The whole idea is hilarious, to say the least.
Requesting OP to kindly open the same thread for Baluchistan, Azad Kashmir and Xinjiang.
Thanking you in advance.

Actually no, throughout history the individuals never had the right.

The majority don't care for a vote, Boat looters want a vote..

No one cares for Boat looters :)
you mean this guy?
Yasin-Malik-300x225.jpg

Srinagar. Soon after separatists appealed to Pakistan army to come to the aid of the Kashmiri people, hundreds of terrorists have reportedly crossed border to assist separatist leaders in the relief operation, which they are conducting across the flood hit state by hijacking rescue boats.

A source close to JKLF chief Yasin Malik revealed that in a letter written to Malik, Pak army has apologized for being unable to send official rangers.

“Take it, or otherwise….”

“To compensate that, Pak army has instead sent mujahideen who belong to different outfits operating from Azad Kashmir. They are almost like rangers in civil dress which army often uses as per its requirement,” told the source to Faking News.

Separatist groups have put banners all across Srinagar claiming to be the provider of best rescue service in the whole state.

“We are much better than Indian army,” said Yasin Malik, after being rescued by the Indian Army, announcing a parallel relief operation amidst gunfire by his overexcited supporters and Pakistani rescue workers.

Sources say that the join relief operation by terrorists and separatists has already started. One of the terrorists was seen shooting at a person who was trapped on the terrace of a house surrounded by flood water in the outskirts of Srinagar.

However, after noticing media reporters covering the shooting, terrorist backed off saying he was just trying to save him from drowning in water. “You know, once you are dead, you can’t be drowned,” he explained, justifying his actions.

Reports of terrorists force feeding people at gunpoint are also coming from different parts of the state.

Meanwhile back in Delhi, liberal and independent commentators have welcomed the terrorists for lending a helping hand to the rescue efforts.

“We shouldn’t become a jingoist nation by only lauding the army for what they are doing. The terrorists and separatists like Yasin Malik should also be allowed to do rescue work and we should appreciate the efforts,” a Delhi based full time Twitter user said.:p::lol:
Terrorists crossing border to help Yasin Malik serve Kashmir flood victims by hijacking rescue boats | Faking News

....., the best solution is for Pakistan to accept LOC as the international border & in return India makes some concessions , the Kashmiri's who don't want to stay with India can then come to the Pakistani side of Kashmir

The solution stares everyone in their faces but many Pakistanis (you are an exception unfortunately) simply seems somehow unable to see the obvious. There is no military solution. Or any other solution.

already knew the indian replies before even reading them. They know kashmirs heate them from the core of their heart and they will loose the referendum to Pakistan

already knew the indian replies before even reading them. They know kashmirs heate them from the core of their heart and they will loose the referendum to Pakistan
why don't u put your house in order first?:big_boss:
Apana toh thikana nahi aur chale duniya ko gyaan batane :lol:

Yes they should & this is what India had decided when they went crying to US to stop Pakistan from liberating Kashmir with Pakistan.

India had promised in written that they will allow Kashmirs to decide their future but till date Kashmiris are been terrorized by illegally occupied Indian forces. India knows if they give the right for the Kashmiris to decide their future, Kashmir will go back to Pakistan. So Indians fear this & are continuing to terrorize the people of Kashmir.

The solution stares everyone in their faces but many Pakistanis (you are an exception unfortunately) simply seems somehow unable to see the obvious. There is no military solution. Or any other solution.
well I know mate , but this is very much possible if & only if democracy takes strong hold in Pakistan & civilian supremacy becomes the order of the day, & in this the U.S can play a pivotal role , that's my only complain all it will take is some arm twisting from the U.S & the establishment in pindi will be easily overpowered by the civilian authorities in Islamabad. & then one can kiss kargil , militancy etc goodbye for good, think about it ,this agitation in Islamabad can be easily handled ,if the U.S puts its full weight behind Nawaz Sharif , but why are they not doing this is my regret, this agitation was planed in London can you believe this

Last edited:
Yes they should & this is what India had decided when they went crying to US to stop Pakistan from liberating Kashmir with Pakistan.

India had promised in written that they will allow Kashmirs to decide their future but till date Kashmiris are been terrorized by illegally occupied Indian forces. India knows if they give the right for the Kashmiris to decide their future, Kashmir will go back to Pakistan. So Indians fear this & are continuing to terrorize the people of Kashmir.
India went to US? Come on ask Musshy or rather Imran now, who went to US? We never enjoyed the Uncle SAMs lobby in the history..... And we dont need US help from stopping Saint Pakistan from liberating Kashmir, because u know y?

well I know mate , but this is very much possible if & only if democracy takes strong hold in Pakistan civilian supremacy becomes the order of the day, & in this the U.S can play a pivotal role , that's my only complain all it will take is some arm twisting from the U.S & the establishment in pindi will be easily overpowered by the civilian authorities in Islamabad. & then one can kiss kargil , militancy etc goodbye for good, think about do it ,this agitation in Islamabad can be easily handled ,if the U.S puts its full weight behind Nawaz Sharif , but why are they not doing this is my regret, this agitation was planed in London can you believe this
Planned in London? I guess that explains a lot.... I feel what U are suggesting is closer to logical outcome....

why don't u put your house in order first?:big_boss:
Apana toh thikana nahi aur chale duniya ko gyaan batane :lol:
so that is the excuse. well if money is the thing that give u the right of oppression . we all should have stayed under british. THey are more organised and rich ....

well I know mate , but this is very much possible if & only if democracy takes strong hold in Pakistan civilian supremacy becomes the order of the day, & in this the U.S can play a pivotal role , that's my only complain all it will take is some arm twisting from the U.S & the establishment in pindi will be easily overpowered by the civilian authorities in Islamabad. & then one can kiss kargil , militancy etc goodbye for good, think about do it ,this agitation in Islamabad can be easily handled ,if the U.S puts its full weight behind Nawaz Sharif , but why are they not doing this is my regret, this agitation was planed in London can you believe this

My thoughts on Pakistan have evolved considerably over a period of time. At one point, i thought that maybe democracy can develop roots in Pakistan & the army be slowly pushed back into the barracks but I don't think that anymore. Your army has tasted blood (unlike the Indian army) and they seem unwilling/unable to leave it now, power has become a very powerful intoxicant. In any case after your democracy has been held hostage by just some 20000 people, no one will ever take it seriously. Some of your opposition don't care for democracy or bother about governance & it seems that your government doesn't bother or can't govern. I think the Americans understand this, they have probably decided to not expend political capital on a situation where they don't know what exactly will happen & what purpose will be served by their intervention.

Kashmir is pretty much of a no-go area.I don't even think that a military person can help because anyone straying from core positions (like Musharraf did) is left pretty much to his own devices, any agreement with him will be repudiated by his successor (as done by Kayani). No one in India wants to even try for a solution anymore, preferring instead on finding ways to manage the issue.

Last edited:
[quote ="tarrar, post: 6192017, member: 12183"]Yes they should & this is what India had decided when they went crying to US to stop Pakistan from liberating Kashmir with Pakistan.

India had promised in written that they will allow Kashmirs to decide their future but till date Kashmiris are been terrorized by illegally occupied Indian forces. India knows if they give the right for the Kashmiris to decide their future, Kashmir will go back to Pakistan. So Indians fear this & are continuing to terrorize the people of Kashmir.[/quote]

Genius, if you were so powerful that we had to cry and go to UN, why dont ur mard-e-momins come and forcefully take it from us now?

Back
Top Bottom