What's new

sir.mm.alam in 2010

Salute to the Man and the Pilot !

Bangladesh offered him to become Chief of BAF, but he refused saying "I dont know what Bangladesh is, I fought and will die for PAKistan". (as he is a Bangali) but look at what we did with him.... though Nation respects him as a HERO.

M.M Alam the man who married the sky.

the problem is, that guy is not bengali, he is urdu speaker, just like me :)

"Alam was a Bengali born on 6 July 1935 in Calcutta, British India. His family migrated to East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) with the onset of the Partition of India".

wikipedia.

"Alam was a Bengali born on 6 July 1935 in Calcutta, British India. His family migrated to East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) with the onset of the Partition of India".

wikipedia.

hmm, ill try to find other sources, it is believed that he is not bengali

47622_122709444458892_100001595111654_151042_8252200_n.jpg

What a caption.

Oh he is a military expert...trust me he will explain you inside out of rafale & eurofighter too.
Ever since his carrer in PAF, books were his second passion after flying...he served as Defence Attache in Egypt in mid70s, then went to staff college and served as DCAS(Flt Saftey) during his last days of service.

A friend of mine asked him about his favorite fighter a/c...
The answer was F16 and F104, he consider Mirage as 'under powered':D

BTW he and Air cdre Jamal(r) went to Fort Worth in 1982, to evaluate F16. MM Alam loved the aircraft, the fly by wire FCS impressed him alot.
He has 4 hrs in F16....later on PAF sent its six pilots to US for training on the type.

hmm, ill try to find other sources, it is believed that he is not bengali

M.M. Alam studied in Calcutta. His origin is from the Indian state of Bihar, so he's not a Bengali. However, people who have stayed long in Calcutta become honorary Bengali :) .

Salute to the Man and the Pilot !

Bangladesh offered him to become Chief of BAF, but he refused saying "I dont know what Bangladesh is, I fought and will die for PAKistan". (as he is a Bangali) but look at what we did with him.... though Nation respects him as a HERO.

M.M Alam the man who married the sky.

he was a wing commander during 71 war.. Bangladesh never offered him that appointment dude. it is just a rumor.but he was offered to come to Bangladesh as a pilot. he was not a PAKKA Bengali but a half cast. he was only born in east pakistan.

A friend of mine asked him about his favorite fighter a/c...
The answer was F16 and F104, he consider Mirage as 'under powered':D

BTW he and Air cdre Jamal(r) went to Fort Worth in 1982, to evaluate F16. MM Alam loved the aircraft, the fly by wire FCS impressed him alot.
He has 4 hrs in F16....later on PAF sent its six pilots to US for training on the type.

he was also one of the pilots who went to train in france on the mirage III along with flight lieutenant farooq umar (later AVM retrired) and flew the first mirages back to pakistan

mirages.jpg

the first mirages

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

M.M. Alam studied in Calcutta. His origin is from the Indian state of Bihar, so he's not a Bengali. However, people who have stayed long in Calcutta become honorary Bengali :) .
yes he was just born in bengal province and not a bengali.

he was a wing commander during 71 war.. Bangladesh never offered him that appointment dude. it is just a rumor.but he was offered to come to Bangladesh as a pilot. he was not a PAKKA Bengali but a half cast. he was only born in east pakistan.

he was offered, you can consult it from any source, I read it myself... No doubts whatsoever...

he was offered, you can consult it from any source, I read it myself... No doubts whatsoever...

during the partition air marshal fakhrul azam (F/O) flt lt saiful azam, the great ace became the air chief of bangladesh and MM alam sahab was only a wing commander. the maximum he could be offered would be a wing at that time. they cannot make a wing commander and air chief, when they already have higher ranks. and he retired as air commodore in 80s.. so he never actually reached the rank of AVM or AM..!

this man is an undisputed legend:pakistan:

yes, a fearless guy. because he was short in stature, he was nicknamed 'peanut'. a guy who was lost in the cockpit and had nothing else to think of.!

Back
Top Bottom