What's new

Why the army has become pacifist

You are overestimating the capabilities of our Armed Forces specially Intelligence.
They dont have the technological caoability , network and influence like CIA. I dont think i we are technologically capable of freely operating inside afghanistan surgically.
And we cannot bomb the hell out of them like most members here advocate.
Our only option is tough diplomatic posture, With military on border always shelling and making life difficult for them on one hand and clear demands on other hand. But that will only happen if our establishment stop seeing Taliban as "Bhai" and Afghanistan as "Backyard" "Strategic depth". This love affair needs to end.
Then, sir, I guess we were chu*yas for cheering the markhors for every random terrorist getting assassinated in Afghanistan, then. :lol:

Our lack of options, as you right point out, makes me wonder what can we back our diplomatic posture with? We don't have the capability of surgical strikes (lack of intelligence mostly I would say, the PAF is more than capable here) and we can't go all our against them. Even in the border areas, shelling will have collateral damage as the western border is not a no man's land like our eastern border.

All around, just the perfect moment for a regime change. (sorry I'll keep coming to this). It's extremely frustrating.

India is wooing Afghan taliban with money. they pledged USD50 mln the other day. Pashtun nationalism is on the rise again. PTM is wooing disgruntled PTI base. The BS just doesn't seem to end.

Then, sir, I guess we were chu*yas for cheering the markhors for every random terrorist getting assassinated in Afghanistan, then. :lol:

Our lack of options, as you right point out, makes me wonder what can we back our diplomatic posture with? We don't have the capability of surgical strikes (lack of intelligence mostly I would say, the PAF is more than capable here) and we can't go all our against them. Even in the border areas, shelling will have collateral damage as the western border is not a no man's land like our eastern border.

All around, just the perfect moment for a regime change. (sorry I'll keep coming to this). It's extremely frustrating.

India is wooing Afghan taliban with money. they pledged USD50 mln the other day. Pashtun nationalism is on the rise again. PTM is wooing disgruntled PTI base. The BS just doesn't seem to end.
Our intelligence gathering capabilities and striking capabilities are not as grim as he puts it. They may not be perfect to completely address every problem very quickly, they do require significant improvements, but we do possess some capabilties.

Otherwise we would not have seen the F16 strike very recently, or the strike in 2021 April, as well as other things which go unsaid.

Our intelligence gathering capabilities and striking capabilities are not as grim as he puts it. They may not be perfect to completely address every problem very quickly, they do require significant improvements, but we do possess some capabilties.

Otherwise we would not have seen the F16 strike very recently, or the strike in 2021 April, as well as other things which go unsaid.
What do you mean by the recent F16 strike? I must have missed that.

07E1A150-F44B-4BBB-A224-E7F67168AC5F.jpeg

We lost in 1971 but we had the balls to launch preemptive strikes on india we launched a covert invasion of india in 1965, what happened to that army irrespective, were they successful or not. Atleast they did something back then, and now we are getting our asses kicked by those dumb cavemen afghans, the firepower we possess is way more than what is needed to fix those cavemen, but still why no action is being taken, @PanzerKiel

These are just the stories told to us in times where there was no access to news other than PTV.

pakistani generals have always been pacifists. they never had the bal*s to go to war. 1965 war was started by ayub khan to revive his diminishing popularity after he declared Fatimah Jinnah a traitor. 1971 was a complete f*ck up. In 1988 indians took over Siachen and our lanti generals did nothing. 1998 was another drama to promote general musharraf, a lap dog of usa. after india went nuclear all these dramas had to stop so the lanti generals diverted their attention to afghanistan as it was a soft target. believe me if there had been no nukes bajwa would have done another drama with india to divert public's attention.

The army generals have become property dealers. For them war is not an option. They just want to do their business.

after india went nuclear all these dramas had to stop so the lanti generals diverted their attention to afghanistan as it was a soft target.
wrong, conflict with Afghanistan existed before Pakistan or India were even nuclear powers, stop talking about things you have no clue about

if this was even remotely true most people wouldn't be talking about afghan **** bhai bhai and sucking their balls, the enemy focus has always been on india, hardly ever do they label afghanistan an enemy even though it is

After a few ops which are not known to public.
What?

So the army launches secret ops on the border before releasing ISPR song every year? Not sure I understand what you mean

wrong, conflict with Afghanistan existed before Pakistan or India were even nuclear powers, stop talking about things you have no clue about

if this was even remotely true most people wouldn't be talking about afghan **** bhai bhai and sucking their balls, the enemy focus has always been on india, hardly ever do they label afghanistan an enemy even though it is
To a point, Afghanistan is an even more dangerous enemy than the Eastern menace, simply because they have the ability to assimilate and destroy the insides of society and weaponise religion more easily

To a point, Afghanistan is an even more dangerous enemy than the Eastern menace, simply because they have the ability to assimilate and destroy the insides of society and weaponise religion more easily
Of course, exactly, but it takes a brain to understand this, and not sucking up to Afghans, which unfortunately a lot of people don't meet this criteria like the person above.

The reason Afghanistan is a much more dangerous enemy is because Pak!s suck up to Afghans with an inferiority complex especially using the religion card

then millions of their refugees are spread throughout pakistan

the border is poorly manned, and very porous.

they use the religion card against Pak!s, who then refuse to even defend themselves

and pashtuns sympathise with afghans for obvious reasons which prevents effective action from truly being taken.

If Pakistan had become developed, ok maybe 1st world is too much to ask but a Malaysia type country, fairly developed. This would not be a conversation.

Only reason Afghans can have influence is because KPK and FATA looks like crap. This region does not have a Islamabad or Karachi. Peshawar looks awful. If Pakistan was more developed this would be a non issue. Its like picking Kabul over New York, no brainer and no contest :lol:

If Pakistan had become developed, ok maybe 1st world is too much to ask but a Malaysia type country, fairly developed. This would not be a conversation.

Only reason Afghans can have influence is because KPK and FATA looks like crap. This region does not have a Islamabad or Karachi. Peshawar looks awful. If Pakistan was more developed this would be a non issue. Its picking Kabul over New York, no brainer and no contest :lol:
it's more complicated than this.

afghans use religion to mentally control pak1s and stop this from retlaliating properly - victim complex

then they have infiltrated the country as refugees.

border is poorly managed and very porous.

pak1s have an inferiority complex against afghans.

and the moment u take harsh action against afghans, the sympathisers within our borders will cause a ruckus - the islamists who worship afghans and pashtuns who sympathise with them.

Back
Top Bottom