What's new

South Asia Air Forces: PAF counters IAF strategy

Atleast we were successful! The indian Project Devil got screwed though!

dude...we couldn't reverse engineer $hit inthe 1970s...the technology wasn't simply there!
we dint have a mature space program...rocket-science was nascent...is it not understandable..?

You know.. In these cases Id add a simple argument.
I make something from scratch..spend 1 billion dollars on it.. learn a lot in the process how not to build it the wrong way and finally build it correctly and feel good about it.
Then I learn how to tinker with it and improve on it.
The other guy spend 20 million to buy somebody else's thing which works already, Tests it out to his hearts content, learns all about it from the correct path and feels good too..except not only did he spend a LOT less money on it, He has something that worked perfectly well in the first place so now he knows which way to tinker with it to make it better.

SO.. while we both got the same thing, and I really worked my butt off, the other dude has the same thing, 1/8th of the effort, 1/20th of the price.. and still is showing it off at my face saying "Hey.. I got one too"
At that point Id feel really really stupid

You know.. In these cases Id add a simple argument.
I make something from scratch..spend 1 billion dollars on it.. learn a lot in the process how not to build it the wrong way and finally build it correctly and feel good about it.
Then I learn how to tinker with it and improve on it.
The other guy spend 20 million to buy somebody else's thing which works already, Tests it out to his hearts content, learns all about it from the correct path and feels good too..except not only did he spend a LOT less money on it, He has something that worked perfectly well in the first place so now he knows which way to tinker with it to make it better.

SO.. while we both got the same thing, and I really worked my butt off, the other dude has the same thing, 1/8th of the effort, 1/20th of the price.. and still is showing it off at my face saying "Hey.. I got one too"
At that point Id feel really really stupid
yes santro that is absolutely correct...and cant be denied...
and it is indeed smart t o reverse engineer...just as the same way it is smart to buy cheap pirated CDs...and donwload movies illegally...and just as legal as plagiarism...
you end up having the same $hit....but calling it your tech break-through...or your invention is unjust to the original maker/discoverer...that is the point of discussion...

Who calls it break through.. But Id be damned happy If Some one cracks the blu-ray security tech and lets me play it.
Quite simple.. I'm a poor guy, So whenever I get the chance to get the same thing my ****** rich neighbor has... I jump on it. I cheat, lie.. and steal. If I copy counterstrike and sell it to someone and make a profit, I'll take it
If at the same time i end up hurting somebody's feelings who cries plagiarism at it.. I don't give a rats ***. I got what I wanted, breakthrough or not, my invention or not, I have it, its mine, and I can paint it pink and call it buffy the vampire slayer and hang shiny stuff off it for all I care.

yes santro that is absolutely correct...and cant be denied...
and it is indeed smart t o reverse engineer...just as the same way it is smart to buy cheap pirated CDs...and donwload movies illegally...and just as legal as plagiarism...
you end up having the same $hit....but calling it your tech break-through...or your invention is unjust to the original maker/discoverer...that is the point of discussion...

So you advocate learning the hard way? So I guess India should have starting with their own Wright brothers aircraft then right? or did they skip a generation or two? Everything is built upon the lessons learned by others. Want a good example? have a look at the American missle/space program (has a certain German flavour) Or the Russian Mig engines (have a British flavour)
i have noticed a lot of this type of thinking from Indian members and it shows a certain arrogance. once these countries that you denigrate,use the lessons learned by others to catch up quickly then they will a brilliant base from which to build. whilst you you are still trying to "innovate" in the past.

I for one, am hoping the Indians stop copying all the cheap drugs that others have innovated.......after all that would be wrong right?

Who calls it break through.. But Id be damned happy If Some one cracks the blu-ray security tech and lets me play it.

dude...!
honestly...i hate the friggin blu-ray!!
it's funny to find the same problemd being faced across the border..you know what i mean..!
which was the last title you played...?

Well the coming Rafales for India is taking forever so lets just discard INAF Rafales from discussion and LCA / Tejas are a failed project, good for cannon fodder attrition defence, nothing else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom