What's new

South Asian Games 2016

How do you know it is the "best team". The contingent looks too small as compared to SL while Pak is 10 times the population of SL.

Daal main yeh kala hai kai Pakistanis have no interest in these games. Ab tum ja kar daal khao.
so you are saying that if Pakistan had sent big number team, Pakistan would have won all medals

]I am saying Pakistan apparently has no interest in these games.
Then in which game pakistan has interest?????????/

meanwhile

Cax2iUNUMAAuYkq.jpg

]I am saying Pakistan apparently has no interest in these games.

Why has there been a very noticeable decline in said "interest" over last decade or so?

As recently as 2006, you were able to edge out Sri Lanka (who had host advantage) by comfortable margin.

Now you are fighting with the likes of Bangladesh in ranking :P

Then just like their economy, it seems they will surpass you here too.

Size of talent pool does come in to play a lot though.. With massive population to choose from the odds are you're bound to get more medals, And remember this is across the board not specific to certain sports like world cups
It does but we've still dominated India in most sports ; Pakistan has immense talent but currently only members of elite families get to play in international matches - if we could remove this stupid tradition, then we'd sky rocket in every talent and sport.

India–Pakistan cricket rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India–Pakistan field hockey rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why has there been a very noticeable decline in said "interest" over last decade or so?

As recently as 2006, you were able to edge out Sri Lanka (who had host advantage) by comfortable margin.

Now you are fighting with the likes of Bangladesh in ranking :P

Then just like their economy, it seems they will surpass you here too.
Read my above post; and why bring in economy. If we have a economic growth of 5% while fighting a full-fledged insurgency and war that has cost us 80 billion dollars than imagine what our growth will be after Operation Zarb e Azb is done, not to mention CPEC and energy protects - in 2015 alone we received around a 100 billion dollars in investment. Our energy crisis is responsible for 2% of negative growth and our 40% undocumented economy is responsible for an estimated 3% negative growth and around 100 billion dollars; imagine what will happen to us once those two problems are solved, which the government has promised by 2018.

I think you lost very badly by new zealand in your previous outing

So going with your logic why indians like cricket more when they lost 4-1 to australia.. improvment made though last time it was 5-0.. lol .. don't

but we've still dominated India in most sports

Funny you should say that in this thread, just a few posts below a pretty telling medal disparity. When was the last time Pakistan won a medal at olympics btw?

What was your last performance like compared to India in commonwealth games and Asian games?

It seems Pakistan's greatest overall performance (economy, wealth, sports, development) w.r.t India was maybe somewhere in the 80s.

Now there is simply no question in almost any field of human endeavour, and the gap accelerates. The 90s was the beginning of Indian ascendancy w.r.t Pakistan, and now its starting to become supremacy.

It is reflected in the sporting medals of major international meets. Pakistan used to win a 1/3rd or even more (very early it was even beating India in total number or at parity). Now its like some paltry tiny fraction in such meets.

Will this story change?

in 2015 alone we received around a 100 billion dollars in investment

Sorry thats BS. Dont make me bring out the UNCTAD figures. Its way off topic.

Nobody in Pakistan really knows about these games - and professional athletes dont care about them. Right now only am-matures are participating and i'm surpised that they have recieved that much Medals.

The same story for commonwealth games where you couldn't even win one gold medal last time?

You only sent "amateurs" there too I guess?

You barely won 1 gold in the last asian games. Maybe that will turn to a 0 soon too....and its all because of the "amateurs" being sent :lol:

or.... angoor khatte hai :D

well whatever keeps you happy.. but fact is SAF games did lose there charm.. heck i don't think 99.9% people in PAk even know SAF games are happening.. seriously it's just formality now.. no marketing no advertisement nothing .. nobody cares seriously.. we have given cricket so much importance that other sports are no where ..

So going with your logic why indians like cricket more when they lost 4-1 to australia.. improvment made though last time it was 5-0.. lol .. don't
We dominated T20 match with australia in that series with 3-0 margin...for your better understanding all 3 match won by India

Back
Top Bottom