What's new

Sri Lankan monk sets himself ablaze over cow slaughter

Okay .....

Dude, seriously, this is a Catholic tabloid trying get more funds from Vatican on sympathy.. Our main stream media wont sit idle when it comes to extremism of Hindus even if they are silent over violence of other religions.. Can you find any other articles regarding this??

Ma'z Allah, sister Talon. The correct words to be used are "ALLAH can be wherever he wants to be." Must not use the word "is" to describe Him at so and so place otherwise those become the words of profanity.

This is one of the best thing I love about Hinduism no matter how you guys try to bash it.. They find godness in every where.. They do not have a compulsory worship day or time.. They do not mind going to a Christian church or Muslim church.. Because for them, they are gods too.. We do not have that kind of luxuryy

Great!! Dude, I didnt said you are asking me to worship cow.. I was talking about this insanity of burning himself to force others to stop slaughtering cows.. Do you think it is going to work??He can consider cow to be sacred, but what it has to do with other religious believes?? All am saying is, lets religion be kept out of main stream and let it be people's personal matter.. Dont you think the world would be much better place if we keep religion to our own than shoving it on others?

PS: I am not talking about Hinduism only, Every other religion do that and I oppose it..

Buddy. In this case we have only two option. either we sit quite and let cow slaughter and help you in destroying Hindu culture or we start killing people. Both of thing we can not do. neither we can sit quite nor we can kill people for this. so do you have any other Idea to stop cow slaughter?

I see a lot of implicit trolling going on.. Anyways, I wont go into too much detail but, I would like to say couple things.

1. Vedas says GOD is formless, Omnipresent, Omniscient, Omnipotent etc etc. Basically, idol worship goes against it..

2. Cows or any other animal is not part of vedic difinition of Sanatana Dharma. Things like idol worship and Vahanas like cows etc came later when people tried to own the Sanatana Dharma ( hinduism ) much like the catholics during dark age by writing puranas and manusmriti and other books.. Sanatana Dharma says Vedas are ultimate truth. I would stop about God here.

3. The entire Indian subcontinent was an agrarian society. Cows/Ox/Bull were the primary domesticated animals used for farming. Also cows mik is considered to be the next best thing after a mother's milk. If a mother dies young, then he/she is fed cows milk. Naturally cows became revered and were considered part of the family. No where Vedas says that you can't consume meat. BUT ( a big one ) it does highlight all kind of diseases which may happen if you consume meat and all the advantages you can have if you follow a strictly vegan diet. It frowns upon taking any life for that matter but never says 'don't' explicitly.
It clearly states that after knowing the advantages and disadvantages of many things in life, whatever you choose to follow, you have to live through its consequences. !!

Long thing short.... All life forms are sacred. You should not take life of who you dont consider worthy as a living being when you can't give one to a needy !

Buddy. In this case we have only two option. either we sit quite and let cow slaughter and help you in destroying Hindu culture or we start killing people. Both of thing we can not do. neither we can sit quite nor we can kill people for this. so do you have any other Idea to stop cow slaughter?

Dude, you are getting unnecessarily paranoid.. Hindu culture is not going anywhere.. If you look at other religions here in India, we had and are adapting a lot of Hindu culture in to our religion.. Where do you see some Christian using Thaali ( Mangalsuthra) in a wedding.. A christian lady also consider it as sacred.. Some of the muslims use nose ring to let others know that they are married.. Do you find these kind of culture other than in India.. Just because we are Christians does not mean, we abadanoed our Hindu culture.. Hinduism as a culture is still in our heart..I said some years earlier here.. I am Hindu who is practcing Christianity.. I can show many examples that we follow Hindu culture..

Dude, you are getting unnecessarily paranoid.. Hindu culture is not going anywhere.. If you look at other religions here in India, we had and are adapting a lot of Hindu culture in to our religion.. Where do you see some Christian using Thaali ( Mangalsuthra) in a wedding.. A christian lady also consider it as sacred.. Some of the muslims use nose ring to let others know that they are married.. Do you find these kind of culture other than in India.. Just because we are Christians does not mean, we abadanoed our Hindu culture.. Hinduism as a culture is still in our heart..I said some years earlier here.. I am Hindu who is practcing Christianity.. I can show many examples that we follow Hindu culture..
you dont have to justify anything to anyone. practise wha you want how you want. if anyone asks any questions ask them to go off.

You dont owe any explaination to no one. You are free to choose your own path to God. ! More than being hindu or a christian what matters is how you acted as a good human being ! Be good to everyone !

We should try to qualify ourselves as humans first before thinking about taking arms for some thing called GOD or higher life form !

How you define the Hindu faith? IAFIK you people tend to see anything that linked to India or Indian in origin before the known times to be Hindu in religion. Maybe that because you people think that Hindu religion has so many forms. But that does not count here.

Also why you only going to the Mauryan times. What about the times before that? Wasn't there any religion called Buddhism prior to that?

And I have not contradict my self I say no one can be certain about the religion of pre-Buddhist SL.

The thing is that you only try to see the past with Hindu perspective. You cannot label everything Hindu.

That doesn't count cuz no Indian dynasty could hold the island for no more than a century. Hence they couldn't impose their faiths on Sinhalese.

Hindu faith does not have any dictionary meaning but boardly u can say that people who believe in the principles of Vedas n Geeta or in simpler terms believe in Hindu Gods n rituals can be termed as people of Hindu Faith.

I mentioned Mauryan Empire bcoz it was only during the reign of Ashoka Buddhism flourished n truly expanded beyond the boundardies of Indian subcontinent.

N Buddhism was introduced into Sri Lanka in the 4th century BCE by Venerable Mahinda, the son of the Emperor Ashoka, during the reign of Sri Lanka's King Devanampiya Tissa of the Vijaya Empire.

So, yes u can conclude that there was no Buddhism in SL before the Mauryans Empire.

Before that Hinduism was the only prominent faith in this region.

I asked u simple question as to name the faith that was dominent in SL during that period, do u got answer to that question??? No.

When the entire subcontinent was Hindu dominent at that time u want me not to connect things of that period with Hinduism.

Sri Lanka being an Island with no other neighbour than India n u expect that there was no cultural impact there.

I may even it further to the Hindu Mythology of Ramayana but since its not practically possible for me prove it so i'll leave it.

But anyways u may believe what u want i m not forcing to believe me i just told u the facts n the reason for my belief.

I remember it well it was u who was claiming that Sinhala word has Chinese origin untill i proved u wrong. Same was the case with other SL member about Buddha being a Hindu by birth.

I see the same denial approach adopted by u guys as the Pakistanis when it comes to Hinduism.

So lets agree to disagree as i don't see any point in carrying this argument any further.:)

U have all the Brain Masterbation u want ... but ur post dont even deserve a Reply ... apart from some Cheap personal Attack ... No good what can i expect from a Nasrani...

Cut the cr@p,you RSS terrorist!!

Ya Errithil is a Part of Hindu Culture so that every house can Serve the Mother... after that it became a part of Malayalee Culture ... Even many Christian Families Adopted it ... while other Christian Converts still followed the long tradition to keep a House hold cow although not for religious purpose...[

allathe palu kittaan alla..alliyo??

you dont have to justify anything to anyone. practise wha you want how you want. if anyone asks any questions ask them to go off.

You dont owe any explaination to no one. You are free to choose your own path to God. ! More than being hindu or a christian what matters is how you acted as a good human being ! Be good to everyone !

We should try to qualify ourselves as humans first before thinking about taking arms for some thing called GOD or higher life form !

All is not lost atleast!! I was sick and tired of the so called who is a patriotic judging by the religion guys.. If we do not raise voice against these kind of acts, our country will be doomed for ever..

Hindu faith does not have any dictionary meaning but boardly u can say that people who believe in the principles of Vedas n Geeta or in simpler terms believe in Hindu Gods n rituals can be termed as people of Hindu Faith.

So how can you say the whole region worshiped Hindu gods and knew about the Vedas or Geetas? So that's what I said no one can be certain. However in SL context it is highly probable that Sinhalese to the most part worshiped their own religion because there are number of evidences about indigenous group of humans who were living in SL; The vedddas being the ultimate example for their former kinsman.

So, yes u can conclude that there was no Buddhism in SL before the Mauryans Empire.

No I do not.

I asked u simple question as to name the faith that was dominent in SL during that period, do u got answer to that question??? No.

I answered to this in the above phrase.

I remember it well it was u who was claiming that Sinhala word has Chinese origin untill i proved u wrong. Same was the case with other SL member about Buddha being a Hindu by birth.

No I didn't claim that word being Sinhala. It was a name that Chinese used to call Sri Lanka and Portuguese adopted it later.

]

Where did I ask him to justyfing his culture. I never question about his culture. I am saying about my belief and culture and cow slaughter is against Hindu culture. and I am damm sure it is not written anywhere in his religion to slaughter cow.

Amazed in the way ... People who have zero Knowledge about Vedas , Purans or Upanishads ... Talking in length & breath about things mentioned in it ...

These people even dont know how Vast these Books are... that a entire life span is not enough to read , Understand each one of them...

Thats why in the olden days it was Said, to become Vibhra u need to live a entire life as a Brahmachri ... try to reason with each & every line you read in Vedas... never come to conclusion until u read the entire Text...

but in Kalyug every Mlechha considers himselfs a Pandit ...

vinasha kale vipreet buddhi...

Where did I ask him to justyfing his culture. I never question about his culture. I am saying about my belief and culture and cow slaughter is against Hindu culture. and I am damm sure it is not written anywhere in his religion to you slaughter cow.

It is written that there is no problem in doing that..

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom