What's new

Stray dogs rounded up, culled in Karachi.

KARACHI: The Sindh government on Wednesday rounded up and culled a significant number of stray dogs in Karachi following reports of their rising population in the city.

The dogs were laid out in the hot sun after being killed and then dumped in a rubbish pile,Daily Mail reported.

Municipal workers prepare to dispose of a pile of dog carcasses in a suburb of Karachi on February 11, 2015. PHOTO: AFP

The campaign was launched at least three years ago after officials receiving several complaints of dog bites.

These animals are generally shot dead or fed poisoned meat on the orders of the authorities.

This is so barbaric,omg .
Stray dogs rounded up, culled in Karachi – The Express Tribune
I can't post the photos,click the link.

Illaka to kutto ka hota hai,, sher ka to jigara hota hai.

The manner they were killed .
These animals are generally shot dead or fed poisoned meat on the orders of the authorities.
poisoned food okay,but shouldn't be shot.
whatever , but the city should be kept clean for too many stray dogs. If authorities don't shot then public will kill them in more brutal way . Human suffering from their bite is more cruel in my perception.

Just because things are done elsewhere is no justification for doing it elsewhere, Has to be a better reason.

And as for a big deal, I'm just quoting another poster.

I think rather than getting sentimental on the Dogs, we have to think rationally. They are not vaccined. i.e. If they bite common man on the road, then he would have to spend atleast Rs.10,000 on treatment. which is not possible for a common man.

So rationally, either all of u people are owners of Cars or never faced a situation whena highly poisonous dog has biten them .

P.S. Ppl who are so senti should call Sindh Govt helpline and adopt the dogs.

All those wid bleeding hearts shud consider reading about post exposure prophylaxis of rabies,, cost of anti sera n poor ppl
True and often a poor person wont bother getting their shots because of cost. And once symptons show it can be to late.People who are saying its cruel should watch some videos of people dying of rabbies.

True and often a poor person wont bother getting their shots because of cost. And once symptons show it can be to late.People who are saying its cruel should watch some videos of people dying of rabbies.
100% mortality rate

The manner they were killed .
poisoned food okay,but shouldn't be shot.
A shot in both the head and heart would be a less painful way to die than many poisons.

KARACHI: The Sindh government on Wednesday rounded up and culled a significant number of stray dogs in Karachi following reports of their rising population in the city.

The dogs were laid out in the hot sun after being killed and then dumped in a rubbish pile,Daily Mail reported.

Municipal workers prepare to dispose of a pile of dog carcasses in a suburb of Karachi on February 11, 2015. PHOTO: AFP

The campaign was launched at least three years ago after officials receiving several complaints of dog bites.

This is so barbaric,omg .
Stray dogs rounded up, culled in Karachi – The Express Tribune
I can't post the photos,click the link.
Can't we sell them to south korea? They eat dead dogs.

I remember watching a video about her they put her in a coma to stop the virus affecting her brain i think
Yes, an artificially induced deep coma, followed by chemical treatment. She was the first person in recorded history to have survived after symptoms of rabies appeared. Rabies has been documented since ancient times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom