What's new

India - Another person murdered by dogs

Man, on morning walk, mauled to death by stray dogs in Aligarh. Watch

By HT News Desk | Written by Ritu Maria Johny
Apr 16, 2023 02:28 PM IST

In the CCTV footage shared on social media, a man could be seen attacked by at least 7-8 dogs before he succumbed to his injuries.​

A man, out on a morning walk in Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh on Sunday, was bitten to death by a pack of stray dogs. In visuals shared on social media, more than half a dozen dogs attacked the retired doctor, identified as Safdar Ali. The incident happened at around 6 am inside the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) campus of Thana Civil Line area, according to Pravesh Rana, station house officer (SHO), Civil Lines.

The incident happened at around 6 am inside the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) campus. (Screengrab)
The incident happened at around 6 am inside the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) campus. (Screengrab)

The official Twitter account of Aligarh Police shared a video update. Superintendent of police, Kuldeep Kumavat, said that a dog squad accompanied the police officers, who reached the AMU campus upon receiving information about the incident at around 7.30 am. The body of the deceased has been sent for postmortem to confirm the cause of death.

Also read | Canine terror: Dog bite incidents on rise in Ludhiana

The CCTV visuals showed around 7-8 dogs surrounding Ali, who was only carrying a mobile phone, before relentlessly attacking him. The 65-year-old was a resident of the Civil Lines area.

The incident comes amid a surge in cases of dog attacks on the public across the state over the past few months. Pet owners in Uttar Pradesh are required to give an undertaking to the local authorities that they will ensure the animals do not cause any nuisance in public, according to the latest guidelines issued by the state’s urban development department.

Rules were also laid down for breeders, resident welfare associations and individuals who adopt stray dogs in large numbers. The new guidelines were circulated among municipal commissioners and executive heads of urban local bodies in February.

---

Jamahir's comments :

1. I would like to interview about this with the Patroness of the World's Dogs, Maneka Gandhi and her gang of insanities :

2. Where were the police in this park ? Usually when a woman is sitting with a man in parks or sitting by herself the police are quick to confront her but where were the police now ?

3. Who is recording this murder ? Why didn't this recording person chase away the dogs ?

4. @-=virus=- @Areesh @waz, you are dog lovers. Your opinion ?
So first, we ignore them, infact provide an environment so that they can multiply, then dogs do what dogs do. Dogs are basically predatory animals, so can't blame them.
Masla yeh hai keh ham meanwhile soty rehty hain.

I am not a dog lover. Never had a dog
Thought so.

@jamahir, would you like to explain why you levelled that allegation on Areesh? We know you viscerally hate dogs and are not a fan of dog owners. Was it out of personal enmity? That would be very disingenuous from a principled person such as yourself

Cynophobia is the overwhelming fear of dogs. People with this anxiety disorder feel intense fear and anxiety when they think about, see or encounter a dog. In severe cases, this phobia can cause people to avoid places where dogs might be.

The problem with extremist Jamahir is that he is Cynophobic and since he is one he wants all the dogs tortured/dead.

But since, he has to justify it, he uses different means to address his hatred which usually are news reports like this.

Whoever doesn't agree with his extreme hatred gets labelled as Dog Lover(Cynophile).

Jamahir bhaiya, just don't get agitated over every dog post . May be , a kind word of reason could change the other person's perspective?

Thanks for that reasoning post. :)

@Ola, sorry for my anger. Please see the point which is the danger posed by dogs. Those who create such things as "community dogs" don't see the danger posed by the dogs to the community. The violence in the voice of the dogs should have been first clue to their danger.

@jamahir said he's a dog lover. I highly doubt that. Wanted the man to clear it up.

I am not a dog lover. Never had a dog

Thought so.

@jamahir, would you like to explain why you levelled that allegation on Areesh? We know you viscerally hate dogs and are not a fan of dog owners. Was it out of personal enmity? That would be very disingenuous from a principled person such as yourself

Areesh once declared his liking for the Pakistani breed of dog called Bully Kutta. Please follow this convo.

Cynophobia is the overwhelming fear of dogs. People with this anxiety disorder feel intense fear and anxiety when they think about, see or encounter a dog. In severe cases, this phobia can cause people to avoid places where dogs might be.

The problem with extremist Jamahir is that he is Cynophobic and since he is one he wants all the dogs tortured/dead.

But since, he has to justify it, he uses different means to address his hatred which usually are news reports like this.

Whoever doesn't agree with his extreme hatred gets labelled as Dog Lover(Cynophile).

Yes, if you give my fear and hatred of dogs that label then I am. But I don't agree with your last line. I am reasonable and principled person which last thing VillageIdiot also said above. Please see my above reply.

I am surprised because I thought, like me, you were one of the few people who didn't outright attack jamahir for his radical views. Is it a dog thing? Are you a dog owner?

Also, @jamahir , I notice there is a theme with you and dog attacks. I have never owned a dog. Likely never will. But I will say this. dogs have served humans wonderfully for millennia and helped them survive. The solution to stopping incidents like this is to have a city administration that functions well and keeps the welfare of it's citizens in mind. Not to eliminate dogs altogether.

Just like the solution to stopping crime by homeless people is to eliminate homelessness, not the homeless themselves.

@-=virus=- , I am reluctantly tagging you because I think there's a non-zero chance, you just might like the idea of eliminating the homeless.

Is it a dog thing? Are you a dog owner?
No.

Not a pet person, never had, never will.

I am surprised because I thought, like me, you were one of the few people who didn't outright attack jamahir for his radical views.
I am a member here for 5 years, you are here for less than a year. Spend some time with this weirdo and then you will be calling him out too. lol

Areesh once declared his liking for the Pakistani breed of dog called Bully Kutta. Please follow this convo.
1681670170591.png

I think that might have been sarcasm from @Areesh . Areesh what do you say?

I am a member here for 5 years, you are here for less than a year. Spend some time with this weirdo and then you will be calling him out too. lol
I understand what you are saying. Most members say the same thing. But, Idk why I had the impression that you were easy going on the guy.

I have been lurking here since 2018, so five years. But, it doesn't matter because it doesn't take long to acclimate oneself to @jamahir views. They hit you like a bucket of cold water on a winter morning. :lol: . Hard to miss.

I also disagree with him on many things. I pointed out the same in the above post regarding the solution to dog attacks. I am just not that keen to attack him personally.

Again, not that I am calling you out of anything. I am just a bit surprised.

Areesh once declared his liking for the Pakistani breed of dog called Bully Kutta. Please follow this
what a weirdo you are

keep track of all random conversations here

creepy banda hai tu.. meri bhi blacked out photos save kr ke rahi hogi somewhere

@Paitoo ne bhi apni pic is hi liye delete kar di.. psychopath creeps like you, for shame, man.

disgusting communist creepozoid.

Also, @jamahir , I notice there is a theme with you and dog attacks.
usko kaat jo lia tha bachpanay m

never got over it, bach gya rabies ka virus ni ghusa.. damn :/

I am reluctantly tagging you because I think there's a non-zero chance, you just might like the idea of eliminating the homeless.
I like to shitpost

never had, never will.
fair, I know all sorts.

biggest thing is.. 15 - 18 years type life hai becharay doggos ki, it is very hard to see them go

for me, fear of heartbreak le k hi I haven't dived in.. also other life factors etc, but family has a bunch of cats and dogs.. I feed a bunch strays but.

member here for 5 years, you are here for less than a year. Spend some time with this weirdo...
100%

take his good advice @villageidiot

joint Indo-Pak troll forces gonna suppress the @jamahir bhikari insurgency here now.

100%

take his good advice @villageidiot

joint Indo-Pak troll forces gonna suppress the @jamahir bhikari insurgency here now.
7ideyc.jpg

@Valar. @jamahir @Paitoo

P.S. I was just thinking of this earlier this evening, in the eventuality where where I might have to partake in some jamahir trolling along with virus, and thought I should make this meme when the need arises. And Lo, the Lord work in mysterious ways. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom