What's new

Strike package of PAF F-16 - Fear Factor

Now

Again this is the first time i m hearing any one saying those were Mirages and u arent providing any sources. And on the second Part Despite having excellent track record against Migs F-16 were locked by those Migs + Those Migs were BVR equipped ours weren’t. So applying your Logic here Why cant F-16s lock on Su's, the better plane, if Migs can lock on F-16s,the Better plane?
your question is laughable. BVR capable mig 29 (better plane) locked on the BVRless F-16 so why the Su 30 (better plane) didn't lock on the BVRless F-16 in 2008? probably the su pilot must have said to himself " oh shit , BVR missile to ghar he bhool gia"

Sir,
Like any other UAV, the beast of kandahar is operated through electromagnetic waves, the connection is of read and write type to wirelessely control the UAV, which if the connection is caught and decrypted, then the UAV can be manipulated, the way you want it to.
But in the case of F16, they are operated manually, the connection doesnt need to be of 'write' type, it also doesnt need to be of 'read' kind, but if it is of read kind, and gives out the gps location of the f16 to americans, then potentially the indians can also read that location of the f16, we can also read it, which will create problems for us to buy more of f16.
Sir, in the end, if the connection is blocked for 'write' wirelessly, then no hacker can open it, but if they have potentially left any backdoor open for themselves, to be used in war condition then it can be used by anyone, by anyone i also met we can also hack it and dont let anyone enter it.
(p.s by f16 here i met the pakistani f16, the americans f16 may have different source code on read and write wirelessly.)

Hi,

My man---you made the statement but you did not understand what I stated---the drone was sabotaged---there is a way to get in it---. That was just used as an example---.

Otoh---the aircraft---the manufacturer does not need to sabotage it---he already has an entrance into the system---. It already has a connection with the aircraft thru data link---so where is the problem.

Hi,

My man---you made the statement but you did not understand what I stated---the drone was sabotaged---there is a way to get in it---. That was just used as an example---.

Otoh---the aircraft---the manufacturer does not need to sabotage it---he already has an entrance into the system---. It already has a connection with the aircraft thru data link---so where is the problem.
Sir,
got your point. I have a real lack of knowledge in defence stuffs. the few questions that comes to my mind from yours statement. Are the f16 that we own, do we have total control over it (by total control i dont mean to tinker with it that is illegal from the contract point of view between us n pak regarding f16)? the 3rd party defence contractors that are stationed here, are for overview of the f16 or they tinker with it?

sir, my thinking was based on the point that we have total physical control over the f16 and that the manufacturer does not have any kind of physical connection (commuication) with the f16. The data link connection of the f16 is connected to a Pakistani controlled system, having high security and encryption and cannot be hacked in polynomial time(reasonable time) by anyone, even by the manufacturer. So, the manufacturer will have to make another wireless connection with the f16 (there is little potential to this thing but we must have over viewed it) that will not be through the usual data link but through another data link that we dont know(another modem in the f16 or an open port in the first one).Then potentially, they simply can stop the engine with 1 command, when its flying but that wireless connection or open port will give other countries a way to enter the f16. The f16 built in network will have high security never seen before but it will give a way

Sir, in the end, my point is that the FBI with its all might can't open a 4 pin iphone because there are certain check n balances in the design of iphone. On the other hand, the f16 is on another level. The f16 we use must have some check n balances, the data link of the f16 (if the manufacturer dont have any physical connection to the f16 or to the pakistan system that is connected with the data link of the f16), they cannot enter the f16 or the data link without hacking which is impossible in polynomial time.

Last edited:
Indeed they were given a clear warning but what my source told me is that initially the Indians weren't aware as PAF tailed them and waited for instructions.

Wow you are saying that our f16s had a lock on indian aircraft but indians pilots didnt know that ? You must have a real credible source

Sir,
got your point. I have a real lack of knowledge in defence stuffs. the few questions that comes to my mind from yours statement. Are the f16 that we own, do we have total control over it (by total control i dont mean to tinker with it that is illegal from the contract point of view between us n pak regarding f16)? the 3rd party defence contractors that are stationed here, are for overview of the f16 or they tinker with it?

sir, my thinking was based on the point that we have total physical control over the f16 and that the manufacturer does not have any kind of physical connection (commuication) with the f16. The data link connection of the f16 is connected to a Pakistani controlled system, having high security and encryption and cannot be hacked in polynomial time(reasonable time) by anyone, even by the manufacturer. So, the manufacturer will have to make another wireless connection with the f16 (there is little potential to this thing but we must have over viewed it) that will not be through the usual data link but through another data link that we dont know(another modem in the f16 or an open port in the first one).Then potentially, they simply can stop the engine with 1 command, when its flying but that wireless connection or open port will give other countries a way to enter the f16. The f16 built in network will have high security never seen before but it will give a way

Sir, in the end, my point is that the FBI with its all might can't open a 4 pin iphone because there are certain check n balances in the design of iphone. On the other hand, the f16 is on another level. The f16 we use must have some check n balances, the data link of the f16 (if the manufacturer dont have any physical connection to the f16 or to the pakistan system that is connected with the data link of the f16), they cannot enter the f16 or the data link without hacking which is impossible in polynomial time.

Hi,

FBI could have opened it---they screwed up the process---and that is what locked the phone----.

But then this has nothing to do with an FBI / apple relationship---.

The U S aircraft manufacturer is under obligation to the homeland security to create a hole in the system----regardless being flown by american pilots or foreign buyers---because aircraft can be used as a massive weapon against anyone with a minimal warning.

In sub prime lending----some car dealers have disabling devices installed in the vehicle as well as tracking system. They can track the vehicle and shut down the system and lock it so that the driver cannot use the vehicle if they are behind on their monthly payments---.

But legally----they cannot shut down the cars while they are driving for the fear of accident and liability---so they can track it to a parking lot and then shut it off.

See---all this simple information is available for you on the web---. I have provided you with two links---read & learn. Thank you.

Can Your Car Be Hacked?

Google

As for Fbi---they could have intentionally sabotaged the phone themselves to look for larger overall gains into the apple electronic ware.

ie---push apple into a corner---and force them to accomodate the govt----which would be a massive victory.

Simple things that you are not what they seem to look---.

It is obvious..Even if you are getting only 1 F16, that is obviously a bad news for us.....:(

"the arrival of F-16s in the Sub-continent caused such alarm bells that India in response ended up purchasing no less than 220 assorted fighter jets from Russia and France" ........o_O

Making such noises in global diplomatic and media circles not only lowers down your diplomatic "seriousness" value but also your politicians are taken less seriously the next round....remember that lion and the young boy story from school??

Its about how today India has unprecedented global clout compared to its past - this is in effect a test for the Govt of India. Does India have enough global clout now to change the course of international action?

Global clout which results in a "mind your own business" reprimand from White House!
India established a new height of diplomatic trolling by summoning the US Rep to India!

Global clout in randi rona!

Sir,
The analogy you are making is good and all machines are hackable.
"The only truly secure system is the one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete, and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards and even then I have my doubts.” E. H. Spafford
Now coming to the point ,the US aircraft manufacturer is under obligation to do whatever is in their interest. I am not saying that there wont be a kill switch in the f16 but if its there through data link (which has very less probability) then it may be potentially more dangerous to them.

Sir, in the end, I have understood your point and will be very much oblige to hear from you onward.
Thankyou.

Squadron Leader S.Nawab of PAF, 1500+ hours on the F-16, currently deputed to USAF flying the latest version of of the Viper.

be569f0b-12eb-4835-9542-92ca80fb49e0_zpsu4nqrmdk.jpg~original

@Oscar @MastanKhan @gambit @Irfan Baloch @Areesh @Horus @Viper0011.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom