What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

F-22 can reach speeds of 1600 mph according to chief test pilot Paul Metz. If T-50 is 500 km/h faster than that, then it can somehow reach 3000 km/h. Unless Pogosyan or Bogdan explicitly gives a figure like Metz did, then I don't trust the 500 km/h claim, as it is something said by the news media. Make no mistake, T-50 is an impressive aircraft, but traveling that fast doesn't make much sense, as you would be quite visible to IR sensors.

if thats the case then best thing is to wait until we get a proper pakfa engine installed & see what would be the exact speed of
PAKFA

Until then how do one react to the claims depends upon the person himself

CHEERS

Russian Air Force to Get First T-50 Fighter Jet This Year, IAF Next Year

The Russian Air Force will take delivery of its first fifth-generation T-50 fighter jet “in the third quarter of this year” for final state test flights starting in the fourth quarter, the service’s commander Lt. Gen. Viktor Bondarev said Tuesday.

President Vladimir Putin had informed lately that T-50 would enter service with the country’s air force in 2016 , while Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) with stealth features based on the T-50 is slated to be inducted in the Indian Air Force by 2022. IAF will get first prototype of the FGFA which is scheduled to arrive in India by 2014 after which it will undergo extensive trials at the Ojhar air base in Maharashtra.

T-50, which will make up the core of Russia’s future fighter fleet, is a multirole warplane featuring “stealth” technology,” super-maneuverability, supercruise capability, and advanced avionics including an active electronically-scanned array radar, according to its designer Sukhoi.

India plans to acquire 214 of these fighter planes by the end of 2030 at an estimated cost of over USD 30 billion. second prototype will arrive in India in 2017 and the third prototype will arrive in 2019. based on feedback from Indian air force final version of the FGFA will be developed for operational service in IAF which will enter service in 2022 .

FGFA is expected to have compatibility with various missile types, including missiles of Indian and European origins. Majority of the software in FGFA would be of Indian origin, along with Indian avionics.HAL will develop mission computer, navigation systems, cockpit displays, counter-measure dispensing (CMD) systems and will modify Sukhoi’s prototype delivered to India into fighter jets as per the requirement of the Indian Air Force (IAF).

T-50 prototypes delivered to IAF will also be tested in all weather conditions like hot weather, cold weather, Sea level and high altitude tests before inducted into IAF . HAL and IAF along with Russia are working on evolution of the FGFA engine as an upward derivative of the AL-37. Russian Air Force will get 200 single seated and 50 twin-seated PAK FAs while Indian Air Force will get 166 single seated and 48 twin-seated FGFAs.

http://en.rian.ru/trend/fifth_generation_fighter/

http://idrw.org/?p=25299#more-25299

Great news!!!!
Program is still running on time. Pak-Fa so far has exceeded its expectations, Just imagine,what a kick-a.. fighter FGFA is going to be:victory::victory::super:

I got these terms mixed up. Is T-50 the prototype/test plane of PAK-FA as well as FGFA? I thought these two are different fighters. The former is for use by Russian air force and the latter is the stealthified version for India air force. If so why does it say T-50 will be delivered to IAF?

Russian Air Force to Get First T-50 Fighter Jet This Year, IAF Next Year

first production fifth-generation fighter T-50 (PAK FA) will be equipped with full-time fifth-generation new engines - engines of the second stage - at the turn of this and the following decades, told RIA Novosti on Monday, the representative of the United Engine Corporation (UEC ).

Т-50 с новым двигателем появится не раньше конца десятилетия | Ð*ИА Новости

I told many people here before that production PAK FA will be equipped with Type 30, 117 engine is only for prototypes test beds.

But another thread quoted some news saying T-50 will join the air force by 2015? how can you explain the apparent mismatch?

I told many people here before that production PAK FA will be equipped with Type 30, 117 engine is only for prototypes test beds.

But another thread quoted some news saying T-50 will join the air force by 2015?how can you explain the apparent mismatch?

No, Putin himself said it will join VVS in 2016, and if we take into account future delays the most realistic time frame is 2017-2018.

I see, but the article you quoted said the following (if I am not mistaken):

1. Fifth-gen jet final production will not use 117, but the new (second stage) engine

2. The new engine will not be available until next decade

So the only logical conclusions will be:

A. T-50 can join air force using 117 before 2020 but it is not considered a fifth-gen jet at that time. If so, what does this put the Indian program, is it considered a real fifth-gen jet?

B. The real fifth-gen jet will be equipped with the new engine once it is available, let's suppose it takes 2 years for the test flight then the real fifth-gen jet will join air force no early than 2023.

C. Or I misunderstood the whole logic behind it.

No, Putin himself said it will join VVS in 2016, and if we take into account future delays the most realistic time frame is 2017-2018.

I got these terms mixed up. Is T-50 the prototype/test plane of PAK-FA as well as FGFA? I thought these two are different fighters. The former is for use by Russian air force and the latter is the stealthified version for India air force. If so why does it say T-50 will be delivered to IAF?

Bcoz...India is going to get both ... T-50 will be there as a single seat fighter and FGFA will be double seat fighter jet.... FGFA will be completely different design and the base would be T-50.

Bcoz...India is going to get both ... T-50 will be there as a single seat fighter and FGFA will be double seat fighter jet.... FGFA will be completely different design and the base would be T-50.

Are you sure?
We are under impression from various media sources and press releases. That the FGFA is T-50 modified for 2 twin seat with Indian prefered electronics.

FGFA = T50 + twn seat modification + Electronics prefered by India + some additional non Russian weapon integration

Still not clear enough. You were saying:

PAK-FA = single seat FGFA, therefore
T-50 = prototype of single seat FGFA
twin seat FGFA is a new design based on PAK-FA

But it was widely discussed before that:
1. The twin seat FGFA was cancelled
2. IAF was not happy with PAK-FA's stealth properties and was not going to order any

and if "T-50 = prototype of single seat FGFA", why wait 4-6 years to deliver two more prototypes in 2017 and 2019? Why can't IAF get a T-50 today?

Are you sure?
We are under impression from various media sources and press releases. That the FGFA is T-50 modified for 2 twin seat with Indian prefered electronics.

FGFA = T50 + twn seat modification + Electronics prefered by India + some additional non Russian weapon integration

I Said the same FGFA will be on the base of T-50...For more information , you can look around.

I see, but the article you quoted said the following (if I am not mistaken):

1. Fifth-gen jet final production will not use 117, but the new (second stage) engine

2. The new engine will not be available until next decade

So the only logical conclusions will be:

A. T-50 can join air force using 117 before 2020 but it is not considered a fifth-gen jet at that time. If so, what does this put the Indian program, is it considered a real fifth-gen jet?

B. The real fifth-gen jet will be equipped with the new engine once it is available, let's suppose it takes 2 years for the test flight then the real fifth-gen jet will join air force no early than 2023.

C. Or I misunderstood the whole logic behind it.

The same article also said that second stage engine will be ready by 2015, and PAK FA enters service in 2016, so when PAK FA or SU-XX enters service it will have the second stage engine.

Where do you get the year 2015 from? If I search the word 2015 in that article I got no hits. The article title is "Т-50 с новым двигателем появится не раньше конца десятилетия", in the content it says:

""Появление нового двигателя пятого поколения (второго этапа) на борту серийных ПАК ФА можно ожидать не раньше конца текущего десятилетия", — сказал представитель корпорации."

This means 2020 or later, no?

The same article also said that second stage engine will be ready by 2015, and PAK FA enters service in 2016, so when PAK FA or SU-XX enters service it will have the second stage engine.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom