What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

That information directly contradicts with the article you have quoted, which says the engine is not ready until after 2020. It's possible different arms of the government send out different messages to confuse potential enemies, or even partners. But I have to say it is kind of confusing that the story always changes once a while. I guess at this moment this is the best we outsiders know (or are willing to admit).

I will repeat again, Putin himself has said that PAK FA will enter service in no latter than 2016.

That information directly contradicts with the article you have quoted, which says the engine is not ready until after 2020. It's possible different arms of the government send out different messages to confuse potential enemies, or even partners. But I have to say it is kind of confusing that the story always changes once a while. I guess at this moment this is the best we outsiders know (or are willing to admit).

Bingo:tup:

The development of “final” engine for T-50 will be completed in 2015

The development of the 2nd stage or “final” engine for fifth-generation T-50 fighter (PAK FA) will be completed in mid-2015, a representative of United Engine Corporation (UEC) told RIA Novosti.

Taking into account the time needed for development of the next-generation engine it was decided to implement the project in two stages. The first Т-50 prototypes are powered by the 1st stage engine – Product 117. "At present detail design and full-scale design of the engine have been completed (this refers to the 2nd stage engine), special and endurance tests are in progress. The development should be completed in the second quarter of 2015", — the source said.

He noted that the program is on schedule and a bit ahead of the aircraft program.

The source reminded that the meeting of science and engineering board with the participation of all the scientific research institutes, Ministry of Defense of RF and the customer – Sukhoi Holding Company, was held in late 2012. The technical solutions implemented by Design Bureau named after A.M. Lyulka in cooperation with Salut and NPO Saturn during development of the 2nd stage engine’s major components were considered. The solutions offered by the designers allow improving the engine performance and exceeding the parameters specified in the performance specification. "The Product 117 will be the first Russian-produced engine to have a FADEC", — the source said.

The development of

The 2nd stage engine is the true PAK-FA engine to be installed in PAK-FA in future
well still highly classified Got to wait

The development of “final” engine for T-50 will be completed in 2015

The development of the 2nd stage or “final” engine for fifth-generation T-50 fighter (PAK FA) will be completed in mid-2015, a representative of United Engine Corporation (UEC) told RIA Novosti.

Taking into account the time needed for development of the next-generation engine it was decided to implement the project in two stages. The first Т-50 prototypes are powered by the 1st stage engine – Product 117. "At present detail design and full-scale design of the engine have been completed (this refers to the 2nd stage engine), special and endurance tests are in progress. The development should be completed in the second quarter of 2015", — the source said.

He noted that the program is on schedule and a bit ahead of the aircraft program.

The source reminded that the meeting of science and engineering board with the participation of all the scientific research institutes, Ministry of Defense of RF and the customer – Sukhoi Holding Company, was held in late 2012. The technical solutions implemented by Design Bureau named after A.M. Lyulka in cooperation with Salut and NPO Saturn during development of the 2nd stage engine’s major components were considered. The solutions offered by the designers allow improving the engine performance and exceeding the parameters specified in the performance specification. "The Product 117 will be the first Russian-produced engine to have a FADEC", — the source said.

The development of

The 2nd stage engine is the true PAK-FA engine to be installed in PAK-FA in future
well still highly classified Got to wait

Well the Item 30 specifications were supposed to exceed the AL 41's (original) specifications. Let us hope it does.

There is a rumor on Chinese sites that nobody has ever seen the T-50 flying with the weapon bay open.

Can any Indian or Russian members post a picture of the T-50 with the weapon bay open in test flight?

There is a rumor on Chinese sites that nobody has ever seen the T-50 flying with the weapon bay open.

Can any Indian or Russian members post a picture of the T-50 with the weapon bay open in test flight?

I don't think there is a picture of T-50 with open weapon bays .

29-5-1.jpg

?????????? ???????? / ?????????? / ??????????? ??????

PAK-FA's side-scan AFAR/APAR radar from Tikhomirov NIIP.

Why would you fly with the weapons bay open? If you meant to ask if the weapons bay is operational, then watch this video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am completely sold on fgfa,even though it may come out to be inferior to f-35 in some respects(electronics and stealth) but still its an air superiority fighter while f-35 is more of a multirole with huge focus on air to ground role.My concern is rafale,its wayyyy too costly without that much utility.Now the reports are that pakfa(not fgfa) may be ready in 2016.It will cost less than rafale and arguably will be better than it in most respects(maybe they have no match for spectra but still).So we must try to get rafale deal scrapped and get pakfa indeed,it will be better

I am completely sold on fgfa,even though it may come out to be inferior to f-35 in some respects(electronics and stealth) but still its an air superiority fighter while f-35 is more of a multirole with huge focus on air to ground role.My concern is rafale,its wayyyy too costly without that much utility.Now the reports are that pakfa(not fgfa) may be ready in 2016.It will cost less than rafale and arguably will be better than it in most respects(maybe they have no match for spectra but still).So we must try to get rafale deal scrapped and get pakfa indeed,it will be better

Do you have any idea when FGFA going to be inducted? What is the current strength of IAF squadrons?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom