What's new

Taimur: Pakistan's ICBM?

Question is not whether its a secret or not?

Question is why post a 2009 article?

:blink:
If mods find problem with the date of article report the post....... Its a button on the left lower corner of the post with your online status.....

And BTW your Question was

What is the latest update?

Which i replied...

As a Pakistani i see it different. Actually the dependency isnt one sided as your post suggested, we are interdependent on each other. Coming to your second part, having a deterrent does not necessarily mean we are going to fire one, like the name suggests, the deterrent is there is to prevent others from a misadventure.

Also when two parties talk about their issues then having such capabilities means that both parties talk on a par level in diplomacy . To give u n example y is Russia so pissed by the 'missile defence shield ' of US is not because Russia plans to launch a missile tomorrow but because that project takes away that 'on par' level which the Russia had in diplomacy with US.

i wont be surprised if US senate turns a blind eye on this project..most of The senate members have stakes in weapons industry and to get funding they need foreign threats...

No .... I think after the recent news of sending troops to Pakistan we need to make sure that if they'll hit us on our mail land we can hit them too.... It doesn't mean we will but its now need for our security. The fear will make them think twice before sending troops. Because right now the biggest upper hand nato have is that we cannot hit there main land in case they attack.

No offense to any nation.

they Hit you only after getting permission from your leaders.

There should be no hurry in testing such missile (If we have) instead it should be demonstrated at appropriate time. There should be no doubt that our scientists and engineers never disappointed nation, may those be nuclear or missile tests. The sole purpose of these weapons is to keep any hostile power at a distance and the desired result is peace not killing people and property.

Its not like we are looking for trouble but there are somethings, countries apart India who have threatened Pakistan, even threaten to bomb it back to stone age. Maybe its for them, so they understand "Do not cross the red line".

Sir, we're talking about 15,000 km ICBM's if you hope to deter the US.

Are you talking about Taimur or Tipu?
I heard that Tipu is about 7000 KM and you are saying this is Taimur.

i wont be surprised if US senate turns a blind eye on this project..most of The senate members have stakes in weapons industry and to get funding they need foreign threats...

i don't think Pakistani intercontinental missile will create any major threat for usa .they will keep a blind eye so that the relation keep going and weapons sales to both side continue .

they Hit you only after getting permission from your leaders.
Drone strikes..... That is another discussion altogether .... We are talking about moving troops and declaring war against Pakistan. or moving troops or firing missiles without Pakistan's permission.

What is the use of having long range missiles?
I guess, 5000 KM is alright.
Lets have a imaginary war.
Pakistan has launched this ICBM to a country X, 6000KM away. Wont it be alerted by its radar, or the countries that it passes through?
If so, they wont it have its AAA destroy it or a counter SAM?
Even can hit it with a UAV?
Its destruction is what should matter. If it has capabilty to attack 7000KM, then wont it be filled with fuel, not the warhead?

I am not aware about missiles, so please enlighten me if I am wrong.
Thank you.

Drone strikes..... That is another discussion altogether .... We are talking about moving troops and declaring war against Pakistan. or moving troops or firing missiles without Pakistan's permission.

that era is gone. they won't fight you directly. they will supply you weapons and in the same time they will be fighting with you, or its possible that Israel intervenes.

What is the use of having long range missiles?
I guess, 5000 KM is alright.
Lets have a imaginary war.
Pakistan has launched this ICBM to a country X, 6000KM away. Wont it be alerted by its radar, or the countries that it passes through?
If so, they wont it have its AAA destroy it or a counter SAM?
Even can hit it with a UAV?
Its destruction is what should matter. If it has capabilty to attack 7000KM, then wont it be filled with fuel, not the warhead?

I am not aware about missiles, so please enlighten me if I am wrong.
Thank you.

Taking down a ballistic missile, be it 30 years old, is not an easy task. Only few countries have this capability and that is also without 100% kill assurance. Test are going on. India has it, so it is possible if you launch towards east, India can try to shoot it down. If you launch it towards west then may be Americans can take it down IF they have installed BMD in Afghanistan. In old soviet region it could be shot down before entering the mainland Europe. Basically it depends on the treaty between the countires. But as I said Experiments are still going on to achieve 100% kill BMD technology.

Last edited:
Taking down a ballistic missile, be it 30 years old, is not an easy task. Only few countries have this capability and that is also without 100% kill assurance. Test are going on. India has it, so it is possible if you launch towards east, India can try to shoot it down. If you launch it towards west then may be Americans can take it down IF they have installed BMD in Afghanistan. In old soviet region it will be definitely shot down before entering the mainland Europe. But as I said Experiments are still going on to achieve 100% kill BMD technology.

Well 100 % is not possible..!! i dont know much but if one launches alot of such missiles..not all can be intercepted right? maybe 5 out of 15 will be intercepted 10 may go forward.And i think as the BMD develops there may also come some safety features in the missiles too.Does BMD system use heat to destroy ? If it does then like planes missiles can also use some deceiving tactics right?

Taking down a ballistic missile, be it 30 years old, is not an easy task. Only few countries have this capability and that is also without 100% kill assurance. Test are going on. India has it, so it is possible if you launch towards east, India can try to shoot it down. If you launch it towards west then may be Americans can take it down IF they have installed BMD in Afghanistan. In old soviet region it will be definitely shot down before entering the mainland Europe. But as I said Experiments are still going on to achieve 100% kill BMD technology.

i thought Indias BMD failed? :undecided:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom