What's new

Taimur: Pakistan's ICBM?

Why does Pakistan need a ICBM. If they fire an ICBM it will fly across India and fall in Bangladesh worse it may fall in China. Why would Pakistan want that. Unless you guys are making a 15K Km missile I see no point making an ICBM for you.

Why does Pakistan need a ICBM. If they fire an ICBM it will fly across India and fall in Bangladesh worse it may fall in China. Why would Pakistan want that. Unless you guys are making a 15K Km missile I see no point making an ICBM for you.

Why does india need ICBM? It will fly over China and fall in Russia!!!!! This douchbag has a valid reason indeed! He doesn't know that what goes around comes around, a true bharati intellectual.

well i think its other way around but at the same time i confess that its too late for us now to solely focus on economy while ignoring or putting a side our defence needs as it will further push us back in the race where already we are the last runners and playing a catching up game which might will remain so for so many years to come........better if the economy thing was focused back in 50s ,now its a two edge sword

back then and till now our leaders were busy fighting seats and power

Why does india need ICBM? It will fly over China and fall in Russia!!!!! This douchbag has a valid reason indeed! He doesn't know that what goes around comes around, a true bharati intellectual.

Who else but a waanabe Pakistani Bangladeshi took offence of my post directed to Pakistanis. Well I actually asked a geniue question.

Now tell me they didn't they teach you geography in Madarsa?
Check the distance between southern tip of India and Beijing and tell how far it is. India will need to deploy its nuclear missiles down south to have a credible second strike capability. Now smart guy tell me how far is Delhi from the farthest corner of Pakistan. So to hit Delhi where are they going to launch the ICBM from, Saudi Arabia?

And stop using bold. I am sure your Pakistani masters will be fine even if you write in simple fonts. Its not like they are going to welcome you to Pakistan if you write in Bold.

So @Hyperion is it hard for us to go from 2500-3000 km ranged missile to an ICBM of around 5-6000 km if not more ? :undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is extremely hard. However, we can do it now (since only 4 years). No it's not Tipu.

I'm guessing you can't just use more composites & less metal, better quality fuel & not PSO, to increase the range ! :D

So why is it 'extremely hard' ? :what:

Shouldn't be able to build up on what you learned previously by incorporating better metallurgy, better fuel & perhaps a better power pack - Toshiba kiii battery nahin chaleiii giii ? :whistle:

1. Powerful engines.
2. Stage(s) integration (needs to be tested - did you notice we never tested any thing above stage one?).
3. Different kind of guidance system. (completely different. LRG/Stellar - very very very few countries have been able to master it)
4. Orbital insertion -> warhead separation -> oribital-reinsertion (physics / design / metallurgy etc etc)
6. Flight computers (flight + terminal) > No you cant stick an intel in it.
5. Telemetry.

Sorry to bust your bubble yara, it's not like throwing something into suborbital/orbital space and then wishing it would fall on your enemy (Iran). Or putting a compass in it and wishing it would recognize continents (N.Korea/Iran).

Btw, I have just mentioned the layman's version of what is required. If you get into even one critical part of it, it will take years upon years to explain it to you. It's tough. Unimaginably tough. However, I know the guys who are on it, they have done it before! :D

I'm guessing you can't just use more composites & less metal, better quality fuel & not PSO, to increase the range ! :D

So why is it 'extremely hard' ? :what:

Shouldn't be able to build up on what you learned previously by incorporating better metallurgy, better fuel & perhaps a better power pack - Toshiba kiii battery nahin chaleiii giii ? :whistle:

Neither do we need you. Go suck on a lollipop.

We don't need ICBM.

Fitting an additional stage in existing Pakistani missiles and converting them into a longer range ICBM wont be that difficult..Plus Pakistan always had the capability of building Long range missiles,but both countries willingly didn't extend the range of their missiles so that far flung countries such as israel don't feel intimidated.

It will be.

adding third stage will increase weight of missile.To overcome this, you will need modified perhaps redesigned first and second stage with more propellant and thrust.

The other option will be using a much more powerful propellant producing at least 30-40% more thrust and use of composite motors and stages (assuming Shaheen 2 uses metal stages and motors)

These tasks are very hard. Apart from that you would also have to remove truss and use closed inter stage along with retro motors.

In either case weight shall increase and Intercontinental range still will not be achieved. There is limit how much you can modify a IRBM.

Plus if Pak wants MIRV, it will demand a payload of at least 1.2 to 1.4 tons, with apogee of at least 700-800 KM.(Shaheen 2 apogee is 300 KM(max) and even after addition of third stage it will be around 450-480 KM).

So it will be far logical for Pak to develop a ICBM from scratch. Off coarse some tech of Shaheen 2 will find its way in new ICBM.

Pak can build ICBM, but it will not be a modified Shaheen 2.

It's not just that. There is too much to it than that.

It will be.

adding third stage will increase weight of missile.To overcome this, you will need modified perhaps first and second stage with more propellant and thrust.

The other option will be using a much more powerful propellant producing at least 30-40% more thrust

1. Powerful engines.
2. Stage(s) integration (needs to be tested - did you notice we never tested any thing above stage one?).
3. Different kind of guidance system. (completely different. LRG/Stellar - very very very few countries have been able to master it)
4. Orbital insertion -> warhead separation -> oribital-reinsertion (physics / design / metallurgy etc etc)
5. Telemetry.

1. But thats achievable, provided the funding and will is there.
2. We have, Shaheen-II is two-stage.
3. Shaheen-II employs stellar guidance afaik.
4. Yeah thats definitely difficult.
5. So how advanced do we need? FPGAs are not enough?
6. Been doing that since 2002.

1. Powerful engines.
5. Telemetry.

Sorry to bust your bubble yara, it's not like throwing something into suborbital/orbital space and then wishing it would fall on your enemy (Iran). Or putting a compass in it and wishing it would recognize continents (N.Korea/Iran).

Btw, I have just mentioned the layman's version of what is required. If you get into even one critical part of it, it will take years upon years to explain it to you. It's tough. Unimaginably tough. However, I know the guys who are on it, they have done it before! :D

Khochaa kiya boliiii ! :blink:

So tell me flat out - Do we have an ICBM or do we even have the capability to make one ? :what:

Neither do we need you. Go suck on a lollipop.

That is so wrong...talking to a woman like that ! :angry:

@peaceful Civilian : I apologize Behan ! Hes not been the same guy since they took his appendix out ! :)

@Peaceful Civlian, sorry I didn't know you were a lady. I apologize!

@Armstrong, yes we have the capability now, and all nations that need to know, already know about it.

Very limited tests will be carried out, however, no need as it's a tested system. Just like India's Agni-V worked the very 'first' time! :P

1. But thats achievable, provided the funding and will is there.
2. We have, Shaheen-II is two-stage.
3. Shaheen-II employs stellar guidance afaik.
4. Yeah thats definitely difficult.
5. So how advanced do we need? FPGAs are not enough?
6. Been doing that since 2002

Not exactly to all of them. However, we are there now.

@Armstrong, yes we have the capability now, and all nations that need to know, already know about it.

Very limited tests will be carried out, however, no need as it's a tested system. Just like India's Agni-V worked the very 'first' time! :P

How far can we hit with it ? :what:

And what about the MIRV or MRIV or something capability ? :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom