What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Nawaz is going to the U S shortly----maybe the U S might have something to offer to Pakistan to keep them away from Russia.
It should not we should tell USA they should also give us two squadrons of F-16 BLOCK 52 but still Pakistan should buy at least 50 SU-35 divided in three squadrons. Just imagine USA and Russia racing with each other to keep us their ally I can feel lot more weapons coming towards us. Both countries because of our location and our status in Muslim world can't afford to ignore us. So now we have all the cards it's time for some really smart moves

It should not we should tell USA they should also give us two squadrons of F-16 BLOCK 52 but still Pakistan should buy at least 50 SU-35 divided in three squadrons. Just imagine USA and Russia racing with each other to keep us their ally I can feel lot more weapons coming towards us. Both countries because of our location and our status in Muslim world can't afford to ignore us. So now we have all the cards it's time for some really smart moves

And in most probably if MRCA Indian drama fails expect Europe including France, GB and Germany will join US and Russia in competing to be the ally of Pakistan. With that special feeling Pakistan will be in a position to bargain and the winning parties will have a life time opportunity to have a sustained long run relationship with one of the major powerhouses and the loosers might still try to win the heart and still send diplomats for mission to cement the relationship and compete again to be Pakistans ally.

This is where long term relationship with US will come into play, expect US to offer technologies and military items that they never intended to give to even coalition partners. Who knows whether Russia will start a joint fighter program with Pakistan like PAK-FA.

I agree this is time of smart moves.Hoping to see some in coming weeks or even months.

Hi,

Nawaz is going to the U S shortly----maybe the U S might have something to offer to Pakistan to keep them away from Russia.

Used -16's are for sure on the table. Pakistan wants the new ones too (option for 18 new block 52), but due to their need, they don't like the delivery time-frame going out to 2018-2019.

So I'd guess they'll discuss these options, verbally agree and then once an agreement is formed, it'll then be passed onto the defense consultative group, and the process will be started. Now if Obama listens to NS and wants Pakistan to form a coalition with the US and other fighting ISIS, which means equipment becomes a necessity. So even an executive order can released used -16's so Pakistan can keep some home, deploy some ISIS. Win win situation for everyone!! Let's see how this goes!

And in most probably if MRCA Indian drama fails expect Europe including France, GB and Germany will join US and Russia in competing to be the ally of Pakistan. With that special feeling Pakistan will be in a position to bargain and the winning parties will have a life time opportunity to have a sustained long run relationship with one of the major powerhouses and the loosers might still try to win the heart and still send diplomats for mission to cement the relationship and compete again to be Pakistans ally.

This is where long term relationship with US will come into play, expect US to offer technologies and military items that they never intended to give to even coalition partners. Who knows whether Russia will start a joint fighter program with Pakistan like PAK-FA.

I agree this is time of smart moves.Hoping to see some in coming weeks or even months.
Europe I am not so sure about but for USA they can't afford to loose us ally it would be disastrous for their Afghan policy and many other policies

I've said it many times that Russia is going to Pakistan with full package, there is no India or Indian influence to stop it. Similarly, same for goes for the US, the UK, the French and all. They've learned from India that there is no loyalty, its pure business. Well, the business now includes an upcoming economy and futures top 15th most powerful country on the map, called Pakistan. All these big powers will now deal with Pakistan on her own basis. India can kick dust, scream, cry or jump up and down, it doesn't matter. The relationship has been de-hyphenated since last year!!!

You probably heard it from me as I've written about it a few times already, including yesterday and you are right, the work on the Sixth gen fighter and future Stealth advance B3 Bomber has also started. The flying terminator is coming......:usflag::sniper:

I'd imagine by 2020 we'd be seeing prototypes and by 2025, flight testing and production would probably start.

Why is that? Mirage carries one Exocet. The JFT can carry two anti-ship missiles and even two BVR missiles and 2 WVR missiles (when more powerful engine is added). Currently is can carry 2 anti-ship and one BVR or two WVR missiles.

For Pakistan's coastal defense, you can fly the JFT on one fuel tank. If you get out by 50 KM from Karachi's short line, your anti-ships can lock on a target over 300 KM's away from Karachi. I think that's a huge area the JFT can cover. Ideally, you should have J-11D in numbers but SU-35 is also a great choice. I hope they get these in 60-80, but let's see.
no i didn't hear from you neither do i read your essays :P

and FYI, hold your horses. Apart from US, no one is ready for 6th gen. Expect in 2025 that we're "working" on it and they come out in 2030-2035.

Europe I am not so sure about but for USA they can't afford to loose us ally it would be disastrous for their Afghan policy and many other policies

Yes, its been evident from the statements given by US politicians, army men from the past 2-3 years.

This time they gonna give something huge to keep Pakistan away from Russia and others.

Lucky Country.

and FYI, hold your horses. Apart from US, no one is ready for 6th gen. Expect in 2025 that we're "working" on it and they come out in 2030-2035.

Don't cut your nose to spite your face.

Wealth of knowledge and experience isn't essays. If you read them for 5 years, you won't need a PHD and your brain will be ten times sharper. The first thing you'd do to prove wisdom learned, would be changing your avatar and put something cool in there, like Kate Upton in a Bikini. Now that's what I call wisdom. Knowledge is power, and you should gather it. Put bulbs to my posts and they'll lit up for days, that's how much knowledge is in there. That's my plan to fix Pakistan's electric issue MUAHAHA!!

I have stopped getting excited about such pieces of news. Because generally it goes like "Pakistan has shown interest in SU-35"...after 2 years, Pakistan is in talks with Russia for SU-35... after more 2 years, Pakistan has decided to go further with the deal...after 2 more years, tan tanan Pakistan has decided to buy 4 units of SU-35 and it could include 2 more units if 'satisfied...deliveries will begin in 4 years...!
And that's simply mind craping.

Good one mate. Translate to bad economic climate

• F-16 is the LAST American fighter PAF has bought.
  • The journo called some PAF source, he told him what he wanted him to hear.

lol... your basket itself is American...
I would agree,,, when your Idaare mentions that they are not involved in "some" activity.... it should be construed that they are.... ;)

Imagine PAF and PLAAF both buy SU-35 in a combined deal just like SAAB deal between Saudi and Pak .You could imagine number and price will make so much sense for both.

Imagine PAF and PLAAF both buy SU-35 in a combined deal just like SAAB deal between Saudi and Pak .You could imagine number and price will make so much sense for both.

There is no conclusive evidence to suggest that the PLAAF has purchased or is considering to purchase the Su-35. There is neither need nor incentive.

My thoughts on the matter:

Su-35 to Pakistan? Maybe. Maybe Not…

Su-35 to Pakistan? Maybe. Maybe Not…
Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister reportedly said that Pakistan was in talks for the Su-35.

By Bilal Khan

On September 9th 2015 the news agency Sputnik International reported (link) that the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was in talks with Russia for the purchase of the Sukhoi Su-35. Dawn News picked up the story the following day (link). The story at hand basically boils down to a statement reportedly made to journalists by Sergei Ryabkov, Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister.

In one of my previous articles (link) I argued that while the growth in Russian-Pakistani defence relations is real, it is important to manage one’s expectations. This is not to demean the inherent strengths of the Su-35 or the value it would bring to the PAF, but at best, this whole issue is likely in its early stages, and thus liable to fall through at any time.

It would be a good idea to explore how the Su-35 would benefit the PAF. For one thing, the Su-35 possesses considerable range and payload, especially when compared to the up and coming PAF mainstay, the JF-17. For example, the ferry range of the JF-17 is 3482km (link), the Su-35’s ferry range sits at 4200km (link). In terms of take-off weight the JF-17 and Su-35 run at 12,383kg (link) and 34,500kg (link), respectively. With 12 hardpoints (or weapon stations) at its disposal (link), the Su-35 would make for a very capable strike platform. With its range and twin engine layout, the Flanker could also serve as a robust maritime operations aircraft.

It is not an exaggeration to suggest that the Su-35 is a game-changer for the PAF: The Su-35’s strike element would enable the PAF to threaten India’s northwest operating theatre, especially if said Flankers are equipped with Pakistan’s robust line-up of stand-off air-to-surface munitions. Just imagine the prospect of a Su-35 equipped with multiple air launched cruise missiles (ALCM) equipped with sub-munitions dispensers (for guided bomblets). In terms of the Pakistan’s maritime theatre, the Su-35 could serve as a potent air superiority and anti-ship platform against the Indian Navy’s surface and aerial assets, respectively. Even the Su-35’s Irbis-E radar, which can track 3m2 RCS targets at 400km (link), can enable the Su-35 to achieve considerable situational awareness, and not only would that be beneficial to the Flanker, but nearby aircraft as well (would operate akin to a mini Airborne Early Warning aircraft).

There is no doubting the Su-35’s potential, but there should also be no delusion about the Su-35’s potential maintenance issues for the PAF. It is, at the end of the day, an entirely new fighter type that will require the PAF to lay out maintenance and operational infrastructure from the ground up. And this is not to mention the higher costs associated with flying a larger and heavier aircraft. Whether this task is insurmountable or not is a different story, one I imagine the PAF is (or will be, if the reports are accurate) most familiar with in this regard.

However, to be frank, this is not the actual issue at heart, but rather, it is the question of whether there is enough smoke in this story to infer the existence of a fire. In other words, are these stories true? In the end, the validity of this story is based on two conditions. First, if Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister (FM) actually said that the PAF is in talks for the Su-35 and second, if the PAF is actually interested in the fighter.

To be honest, it is difficult to fully ascertain even one of the aforementioned conditions with the information currently available. There is only one known source for the Deputy FM’s statement (i.e. Sputnik), and the only possible indicator of PAF interest is Air Chief Marshal’s Sohail Aman’s response to a PTV interview question about future procurements where he said something along the lines of wanting a healthy mix between Eastern, Western, and indigenous solutions in the next generation fleet. There is nothing specific from either the PAF or even the Pakistani government to suggest that there is interest in the Su-35.

Given the media’s attention on this issue, it might not be long before the PAF makes a statement, either to outright deny that such talks are occurring, or to suggest that there is some momentum behind the Su-35. Let us just hope this issue does not fade into the background without confirmation, as with so many others in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom