What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no conclusive evidence to suggest that the PLAAF has purchased or is considering to purchase the Su-35. There is neither need nor incentive.
I beg to differ not in terms regarding PLAAF not interest SU-35 not on basis of superiority/inferiority but to supplement numbers for PLAAF as well as diplomatically lifting Russia and provide them to continue work on there projects .There have been quite a few threads open in this regard but some how deal were not matured.

As far as I'm concerned, this offer of SU35 gives us "options" which were limited few years ago, the question of getting it is another matter. Nobody knows for sure what is going to happen, but what we know for sure is that Pak-Russia relationship is moving ahead & it won't come to halt because "some country" is whining or crying ;)

As for PAF, i think they're surely up to something big or we would've gone with remaining offer of F16's but PAF opted not to. We had the offer for more F16's, remember? also, PAF could've gone for J10 or J11, but they're still evaluating their options, & i'm guessing there are quite a few options to chose from that it's taking this much time. Change of strategy is certainly on the cards.

Money; I don't think this is an issue any more, Chinese banks are there to help us out, should not worry about this factor specially after our Navy signed a whooping $5Bn deal. Also, do you think PAF spends all of its money that it gets, in every budget, for new acquisition purposes? we've already spent $2bn, in one year, over op Zarb-e-Azb, yet some of the people, specifically Indians, whine about us being cash strapped. lol

So by this means, Block 52 are a 30 Million per plane?
Even if we dont by SU35 but a need for Long Range Air Superiority Fighter is pretty Imminent.

To all these Think Tanks:
How can you Protect Karachi and Gwader Port if India is trying to Block it?

for me the cheapest Solution is Getting More and More AIP Subs and Planes like SU35, instead of increasing Surface Fleet....

Hi,

It is always a combination of things that creates a deterrent.

Supposedly---the SU35 deal is done with Russia or F35 deal signed with the U S-----and you get either one of these aircraft or even the F16 BLK60-----but still that is not enough----.

Now with this air superiority fighter---you need to compliment your deep strike capabilities as well.

In the current scenario---Pakistan needs 4 different kinds of aircraft----in the future---it will need 5 different kinds----till the F 16's are retd----.

Hi,

It is always a combination of things that creates a deterrent.

Supposedly---the SU35 deal is done with Russia or F35 deal signed with the U S-----and you get either one of these aircraft or even the F16 BLK60-----but still that is not enough----.

Now with this air superiority fighter---you need to compliment your deep strike capabilities as well.

In the current scenario---Pakistan needs 4 different kinds of aircraft----in the future---it will need 5 different kinds----till the F 16's are retd----.
For deep strike and good offensive punch J-16 is best option

Can we stop wasting time on this nonsense now

concentrate on upgrading the thunders for now and upgrading those used Jordanian falcons

be realistic in your threads to keep the forum alive lets leave the fantasy stuff boys

Hi,

The Jordanian F16's have already been upgraded.

Hi,

The Jordanian F16's have already been upgraded.

Hi,

Let e re-phrase it again---for Naval deep strikes.

F 16 is not suitable.

This is a feel good video, the AWACS and the EFT's were getting tracked :angel::tdown: but they didn't fire first? EFT can use AWACSs data link and fire well beyond 100 miles away, with MBDA Meteors and Mica combination. Its one of the best out there.

Similarly, the ship they showed, couldn't detect the incoming jets from like 300 miles away? Had no ship defense system, CIWS or anything else? What happened to the outer layer of AD? I am assuming the Russians tried to show a NATO ship as always but there is a combat air-cover that extends out to 300 miles. Not to mention in a CBG, there are over 35 ships with each one having multiple high power radars. So there should've been a volley of missiles fired at the SU, in this video, the SU's almost come head on with the ship, fire their munitions and right before their munitions hit, the ships fires two missiles. That's lame, what Navy was it? It wasn't NATO or the USN for sure...the Chinese or the Indian or the Bangladesh navy?? :yahoo:
Guess it was just a promotional video , don't go too deep friend ?lokzz

This is a feel good video, the AWACS and the EFT's were getting tracked :angel::tdown: but they didn't fire first? EFT can use AWACSs data link and fire well beyond 100 miles away, with MBDA Meteors and Mica combination. Its one of the best out there.

Similarly, the ship they showed, couldn't detect the incoming jets from like 300 miles away? Had no ship defense system, CIWS or anything else? What happened to the outer layer of AD? I am assuming the Russians tried to show a NATO ship as always but there is a combat air-cover that extends out to 300 miles. Not to mention in a CBG, there are over 35 ships with each one having multiple high power radars. So there should've been a volley of missiles fired at the SU, in this video, the SU's almost come head on with the ship, fire their munitions and right before their munitions hit, the ships fires two missiles. That's lame, what Navy was it? It wasn't NATO or the USN for sure...the Chinese or the Indian or the Bangladesh navy?? :yahoo:
1) It's a promotional video.
2)Su-35 radar has range of is 350-400 km for targets with RCS=3m2.
Radar control system "IRBIS-E" for Su-35 fighter
Flanker Radars in Beyond Visual Range Air Combat

Breaking News: Earth quack in office of RAW Delhi, Mumbai, Kabul and Indian high Commission in Pakistan.
Everyone saved only burn injuries reported.:astagh: :woot::cheesy::omghaha::omghaha:

15 Bell AH-1Z Viper, 10 WZ-10 Thunderbolt, almost 10+ MI 35 and now SU 35.
its gonna be like Aj mai uper Asman nechy India hy PECHY PECHY

I beg to differ not in terms regarding PLAAF not interest SU-35 not on basis of superiority/inferiority but to supplement numbers for PLAAF as well as diplomatically lifting Russia and provide them to continue work on there projects .There have been quite a few threads open in this regard but some how deal were not matured.

China does Russia's gas-dependent economy far more of a favor by signing long-term energy deals than buying a measly few dozen fighter aircraft. So far the "reports" that have propagated through the Internet have not only failed to materialize after many years, but have been denied by the governments of both countries.

Wealth of knowledge and experience isn't essays. If you read them for 5 years, you won't need a PHD and your brain will be ten times sharper. The first thing you'd do to prove wisdom learned, would be changing your avatar and put something cool in there, like Kate Upton in a Bikini. Now that's what I call wisdom. Knowledge is power, and you should gather it. Put bulbs to my posts and they'll lit up for days, that's how much knowledge is in there. That's my plan to fix Pakistan's electric issue MUAHAHA!!
the first thing you can do is grow up.

China does Russia's gas-dependent economy far more of a favor by signing long-term energy deals than buying a measly few dozen fighter aircraft. So far the "reports" that have propagated through the Internet have not only failed to materialize after many years, but have been denied by the governments of both countries.
SO after reviewing your view point it appears as Russian are really keen in selling SU-35 as PAF hasnt even commented and most of the senior analyst believe this deal will not occur .i think this deal talk is W/W for all like it will make India to consider more copies as well keep in Russian basket similarly for PAF it opens option for Western/US jets probably F-15/F-18 .

SO after reviewing your view point it appears as Russian are really keen in selling SU-35 as PAF hasnt even commented and most of the senior analyst believe this deal will not occur .i think this deal talk is W/W for all like it will make India to consider more copies as well keep in Russian basket similarly for PAF it opens option for Western/US jets probably F-15/F-18 .

It could be Russia's urgency to sell what it claimed would dominate the market (which ironically found no users). It equally could have been an error in translation or mere sloppy journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom