What's new

Teenage superstar Eileen Gu stuns America with defection to China

Sure but they aren't renouncing their citizenship and they seem to be doing fine without doing that.
So it all boils down which country can provide more money and opportunities, in the past ,it was definitely not China, about the future, let's wait and see.

I have German DNA, and still carry the same German last name from when my ancestors immigrated from Germany.

No one in Germany today would actually consider me German :lol:
She literally competes for team China because she is ethnically Chinese.

If you’re ethnically Chinese, you are Chinese regardless of what country on this planet you were born in. Even if you don’t speak the language, you are Chinese. The bloodline is superior to anything else.

Chinese people have loyalty to China. You will never understand it. China is the greatest civilisation in human history. 5,000 years and still going strong.

America is an artificially created country. It has no bloodline. It is not a civilisation. It is an immigrant country. People immigrated from different civilisations because of better opportunities. Just as quickly as they immigrated to America during good times, they will emigrate out of America during bad times to seek better opportunities. America has always been a corporation masquerading as a country.

She literally competes for team China because she is ethnically Chinese.

If you’re ethnically Chinese, you are Chinese regardless of what country on this planet you were born in. Even if you don’t speak the language, you are Chinese. The bloodline is superior to anything else.

Chinese people have loyalty to China. You will never understand it. China is the greatest civilisation in human history. 5,000 years and still going strong.

America is an artificially created country. It has no bloodline. It is not a civilisation. It is an immigrant country. People immigrated from different civilisations because of better opportunities. Just as quickly as they immigrated to America during good times, they will emigrate out of America during bad times to seek better opportunities. America has always been a corporation masquerading as a country.

Eileen Gu lives and trains in the US and will study at Stanford University. She’s competing for China to inspire young girls and likely because her mother knows it’d be a lucrative opportunity. That’s it…it has nothing to do with Chinas history. After the Olympics are over, she will continue studying and living in the United States. That says it all.

I could give a rats *** about Chinas civilization. In the span of 200 years the United States became the most powerful nation in human history and lead the world into modernity. No other nation has ever had the global reach or comprehensive power the US possesses. And that will continue well into the future.

That's the absolute stupidest statistic to quote as it assumes a fixed number of students every year and no quota.

There are 320,000+ Chinese students in the US and it increases every year (ignoring the pandemic year as an aberration). Do you really think there were 320,000 Chinese students in the US back in the year 2000? I'm guessing 60,000. Remember we don't have open borders. Not all students can stay. There is a quota cutoff of as to how many can stay.

60,000 * 90% = 54,000
320,000 * 20% = 64,000...an INCREASE!!

You quoting that statistic is yet another smokescreen.
The situation is NOT getting better.

Well, if you think the 2020&2021 data is a special case. So let's look at the data for 2019.

In 2019, 703.5k students in China will study abroad. In the same year, 580.3k students returned home after graduation.
Chinese students usually study in the United States, Canada and Australia for 2 years. Let's look at the data of 2017.
In 2017, 608.4 people in China went abroad to study. In other words, 95.4%(580.3/608.4) of Chinese students returned home after graduation.

IMG_20220207_081848.jpg

IMG_20220207_080658.jpg

IMG_20220207_080716.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if you think the 2020&2021 data is a special case. So let's look at the data for 2019.

In 2019, 703.5k students in China will study abroad. In the same year, 580.3k students returned home after graduation.
Chinese students usually study in the United States, Canada and Australia for 2 years. Let's look at the data of 2017.
In 2017, 608.4 people in China went abroad to study. In other words, 95.4%(580.3/608.4) of Chinese students returned home after graduation.

View attachment 813673

View attachment 813674

View attachment 813675

It certainly depends upon where they are going. If they are forced to leave after graduating then of course they have no other option.

For instance the number of US tourists to China has increased over the years but I'm sure 99.99% of them still come back...and that's because they pretty much have no other choice. It doesn't matter if there was 2Million last year but only 200,000 20 years ago.

It certainly depends upon where they are going. If they are forced to leave after graduating then of course they have no other option.

For instance the number of US tourists to China has increased over the years but I'm sure 99.99% of them still come back...and that's because they pretty much have no other choice. It doesn't matter if there was 2Million last year but only 200,000 20 years ago.

Forced to leave? You look like an Indian.
Look at China's nationality law, you can see that China only accepts high-end scientists. Similarly, if you are not a high-end scientist, China will not care whether you leave or not.
Not to mention forcing students to leave. If China did that, the western media would have reported wildly.

Is there any advantage in lying to yourself? It hurts USA not to recognize the decline in the attractiveness of USA.

Last edited:
Eileen Gu lives and trains in the US and will study at Stanford University. She’s competing for China to inspire young girls and likely because her mother knows it’d be a lucrative opportunity. That’s it…it has nothing to do with Chinas history. After the Olympics are over, she will continue studying and living in the United States. That says it all.

I could give a rats *** about Chinas civilization. In the span of 200 years the United States became the most powerful nation in human history and lead the world into modernity. No other nation has ever had the global reach or comprehensive power the US possesses. And that will continue well into the future.

How much future can a country like this have?

Americans have indeed created excellent American civilization in just 200 years on the basis of European civilization. But American civilization died in the 1990s. Now USA is using drug civilization, or doomsday civilization.

Last edited:
Forced to leave?

Are you a complete simpleton? If a Chinese national graduated from say a British or US University they need permission to stay. You just can't hang out forever in a country. If 100,000 Chinese students graduated do you really think they can all stay????? Don't you think they are subject to quotas? Many are forced to leave because of it.

You look like an Indian.
Well then you sound like an Indian and Chinese. You guys are Asian brothers so I'm not surprised you sound the same.

All this "x percent of Chinese foreign students are now coming home" depends upon what rules they are subjected to after they graduate. If 10 million graduate of course most are going home.

As i said I bet 99%+of 2 million US tourists come back after trips to China...it's because they have to. Not because the US is suddenly more vibrant in the last 20 years.

Last edited:
Are you a complete simpleton? If a Chinese national graduated from say a British or US University they need permission to stay. You just can't hang out forever in a country. If 100,000 Chinese students graduated do you really think they can all stay????? Don't you think they are subject to quotas? Many are forced to leave because of it.

Well then you sound like an Indian and Chinese. You guys are Asian brothers so I'm not surprised you sound the same.

All this "x percent of Chinese foreign students are now coming home" depends upon what rules they are subjected to after they graduate. If 10 million graduate of course most are going home.

As i said I bet 99%+of 2 million US tourists come back after trips to China...it's because they have to. Not because the US is suddenly more vibrant in the last 20 years.

In the 1990s, 50% of Chinese students studying abroad will stay abroad.
There is still 20% in 2000s.
Less than 5% in recent years.
That is obviously not because of what you said.

In the 1990s, 50% of Chinese students studying abroad will stay abroad.
There is still 20% in 2000s.
Less than 5% in recent years.
That is obviously not because of what you said.

I can't speak for other countries but I'm just going to repeat my previous post about the US.

If the Chinese government is saying 90% of students studying in the US in 2000 stayed while by 2020 only 20% stayed I will do a rough example of the math:

(2000) 60,000 * 90% = 54,000 stayed in the US
(2019) 320,000 * 20% = 64,000 stayed in the US

There is a max in the US given to how many people can stay after graduation. It would be possible for most of the 60,000 students in 2000 to stay. However by 2020 with 320,000 it would be impossible for a large percentage to stay. At least 240,000 would be forced to leave.

I'm not saying they all want to stay. I'm saying they simply have to leave whether they want to stay or not.

I can't speak for other countries but I'm just going to repeat my previous post about the US.

If the Chinese government is saying 90% of students studying in the US in 2000 stayed while by 2020 only 20% stayed I will do a rough example of the math:

(2000) 60,000 * 90% = 54,000 stayed in the US
(2019) 320,000 * 20% = 64,000 stayed in the US

There is a max in the US given to how many people can stay after graduation. It would be possible for most of the students in 2000 to stay. However by 2020 with 320,000 it would be impossible for a large percentage to stay.

I have provided data and pictures to prove that only 28K graduates in 2019 (going abroad in 2017) have stayed abroad. But you told me that 64K people chose to stay in the USA. Do you have a link to the data source?

I have provided data and pictures to prove that only 28K graduates in 2019 (going abroad in 2017) have stayed abroad. But you told me that 64K people chose to stay in the USA. Do you have a link to the data source?

If the Chinese government says 28,000 Chinese students stayed in 2019 then sure that is the number. I was only providing rough calculations based on the percentages this thread was giving me.

Last edited:
If the Chinese government says 28,000 Chinese students stayed in 2019 then sure that is the number. I was only providing rough calculations based on the percentages this thread was giving me.

No, this is not the data released by the Chinese govt.

608400 Chinese students studied abroad in 2017 and 580300 Chinese students returned home after graduation in 2019. Because studying abroad is usually two years, I calculated that 28000 students stayed abroad.

However, 28000 students are the total data of all countries, not just USA.

You said 64000 students will stay in USA after graduation in 2019. I hope you can give a link to the data source.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom