What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Respectfully, I think you are a confused person. On the one hand you are saying that countries will give ToT to Turkey, then do an about turn and say, "but not for critical technologies". This is what we call eating the cake and having it too.

That is exactly why the word “but” was invented, i.e. introducing exceptions. I dont know which part of “you can absolutely get some TOT but not on the critical parts”.

We call this eating your cake but only some of it.

Last edited:

You know The critical problems mentioned in article erupt at almost all aircrafts when they were in their early stages but when newer blocks revealed, Most of them are mostly fixed. Take T-57 for example. Russia has already been struggling to fix huge problems to make them operational since years. India left the program cause of pointing out many concern. On the other hand, US engineers has vast of experience working on such programs since years and their AF has been flying with stealth fighters and continuously giving feedbacks to make it superior. F35 is one of the good result of their state of art engineering solutions.
The articles shared above typed by our perspective is understandable but It is about where you are looking from. If We were able to take delivery of F35 fighters, The same authors would have form the sentences to overrate How superior F35 is, when It is compared to competitors...

3. Building engine is not something you or anyone can do in a short period of time. It will take 10-20 years of development from the zero level you are at. Even then, there is a big chance that you will fail.
Reverse engineering an engine is not what you are making it out to be my friend. It took the Chinese decades despite having samples, expert, imported engineers, everything, and even then, to this day, they haven't truly got it right.

This is what I am saying, Turkey is living in a dreamland, and unfortunately reality is going to hit it hard, it already is.

China has not yet totally - that's why it's still struggling in some areas - something that Turkey has, not because she gorgeous but it's just an inevitable rule. It's called quality standards required for any NATO member. So as a materially supplier of NATO , she imposes her very high standards. Turkey can produce an indigenous engine at least 55% within 5 years. Its real challenge is the extremely demanding manufacturing process and rigorous of its materials - technologically and humanly in terms of qualified personnel -.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/new-...eneration-fighter.623733/page-4#post-11558747

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/new-...eneration-fighter.623733/page-5#post-11565135

If the government keeps its promise, so yes Turkey will have this engine.

Last edited:
My opinion is, with some foreign support and smart purchases of some relevant companies, Turkey will need 10-15 years to develop an equivalent engine. Provided, no economic crises hits you.

But it will need full support of relevant sectors of Turkey. Means, the government, universities, science research centres or institutions and commercial subjects.

Reverse engineering an engine is not what you are making it out to be my friend. It took the Chinese decades despite having samples, expert, imported engineers, everything, and even then, to this day, they haven't truly got it right.

This is what I am saying, Turkey is living in a dreamland, and unfortunately reality is going to hit it hard, it already is.

We can built 100+ TFX with GE engines We already have? and These gave us 20 years?

Last edited:
Never, there is no country that will do that. You have to be a lot smarter, it's today or never.

At a Ukrainian aircraft engine factory, China’s military finds a cash-hungry partner (WP - 20 mai 2019)

This also applies to the space domain.

China, Usa, Germany, Israel, S. Korea, Russia, GB...many countries are willing to share ToT. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes more relevant sometimes less. Its depend on money, critical parts you want to share and your relationship to that partner.

China, Usa, Germany, Israel, S. Korea, Russia, GB...many countries are willing to share ToT. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes more relevant sometimes less. Its depend on money, critical parts you want to share and your relationship to that partner.

For turbofan engine and space rocket (Structure, engine, guidance etc...).

- China: Just a little bit, Turkey NATO member.
- USA: Turbofan engine, a little bit but never until you can achieve technological independence. Space: With you never.
- Germany: Turbofan engine, a little bit but never until you can achieve technological independence.
- Israel: Space, with you never.
- S. Korea: Yes, totally up to the limit of international agreements (Rocket engine, if anything needs to be done in this area it must be secret).
- Russia: Just a little bit, Turkey NATO member.
- GB: Turbofan engine, a little bit but never until you can achieve technological independence. Space: With you never.

Last edited:
TAI together with Engineer students from the Middle East Technical University (ODTÜ) and Istanbul Technical University (ITÜ) will build this VLA (Very-light aircraft).

D-Xoiz3XoAAmwHv.jpg

D-Xr-PCXsAEg4xb.jpg
D-Xr-DFXsAA-Dmi.jpg

TAI together with Engineer students from the Middle East Technical University (ODTÜ) and Istanbul Technical University (ITÜ) will build this VLA (Very-light aircraft).

D-Xoiz3XoAAmwHv.jpg

D-Xr-PCXsAEg4xb.jpg
D-Xr-DFXsAA-Dmi.jpg
I think this fits better in Turkish Aviation Programs thread

I want to derail the conversation a bit to the Hürkuş. Now that the specs and expectations from the T-FX is more or less intact, it's becoming increasingly obvious that this is going to be a big bird.

Since we're not going to be able to probably buy and F35B's, and even if we did they will always be under strict US guidelines on where they can be used and whatnot - we still need a fighter for the navy that can use the LHD's currently being built.

Seeing as our own T-FX would be too big for these ships, can we realistically create a modified version of the Hurkus to be used here? Is this feasible?

I want to derail the conversation a bit to the Hürkuş. Now that the specs and expectations from the T-FX is more or less intact, it's becoming increasingly obvious that this is going to be a big bird.

Since we're not going to be able to probably buy and F35B's, and even if we did they will always be under strict US guidelines on where they can be used and whatnot - we still need a fighter for the navy that can use the LHD's currently being built.

Seeing as our own T-FX would be too big for these ships, can we realistically create a modified version of the Hurkus to be used here? Is this feasible?
First of all Hurkus is a turboprop trainer/light attack aircraft. Is it possible that you mean the Hurjet?

Second of all, no I dont think that is possible. You need at least stol capability to be able to take off from the Juan Carlos class.

Back
Top Bottom