What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

The fact that some of our usual friends is against the idea of linking Moscow with Beijing via a HSR says volumes about the necessity of the project。:D

Anyhow,China is developing high-speed(250km/h or over) cargo trains and will have them run on the Chinese HSR network starting 2015。The Beijing-Moscow axis will prove invaluble for transporting people and high-value products between Europe and the Far East.

It will not only be Beijing-Moscow. It will also be Xi'an-Moscow、Chongqing-Moscow、Chengdu-Moscow、Beijing-Berlin、Beijing-St.Petersburg、Chongqing-Chengdu-Hamburg,etc etc。:enjoy:

China sub AIP power tech <=> Russia sub steel & single hull tech, Sino-Russia build togethet => Amur class sub.

Both China and Russia now use the mixture of the single hull and the double hull.

The single hull is better for leaving more room, but the double hull is better to reduce the noise.

The mixture of the single hull and the double hull is the best.

The fact that some of our usual friends is against the idea of linking Moscow with Beijing via a HSR says volumes about the necessity of the project。:D

Anyhow,China is developing high-speed(250km/h or over) cargo trains and will have them run on the Chinese HSR network starting 2015。The Beijing-Moscow axis will prove invaluble for transporting people and high-value products between Europe and the Far East.

It will not only be Beijing-Moscow. It will also be Xi'an-Moscow、Chongqing-Moscow、Chengdu-Moscow、Beijing-Berlin、Beijing-St.Petersburg、Chongqing-Chengdu-Hamburg,etc etc。:enjoy:

germany does not allow a chinese train corporation to operate trains on its railway. Same goes for the EU as a whole. So forget your link beyond russia.

The project would cost more than $230 billion and be over 7,000 kilometres.

Who the hell will travel by train to Russia, other than tourists? Even many tourists will fly there. This is not a lucrative project at all.. Are you kidding me, 230 billion? I have no problem if Russia pays for it. Even in China, our HSR system is not complete yet, we should concentrate on our own business and leave Russia alone.

germany does not allow a chinese train corporation to operate trains on its railway. Same goes for the EU as a whole. So forget your link beyond russia.

By the time this proposal becomes a reality,it will be a very different world we are living in,that is if we are still alive。:D

Pls be farsighted。

0_106b12_1d971e37_XXXL

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a whole lot about the inner workings of train networks, but this pic posted by Senheiser says that China and Russia use different track gauge for their existing HSR lines. Isn't that problematic?

By the time this proposal becomes a reality,it will be a very different world we are living in,that is if we are still alive。:D

Pls be farsighted。

There s something that never changes and this is german workerlaws as well as the structure of the railways. German railways corporation id nationalized. DB. It is banned for foreign corporations to operate railways on german ground. This law is from Bismarck, survived WW I, WW II, the cold war and reunion. Nothing can shake this. A chinese train operated from chinese staff will never operate on german land. It would be a security risk and definitly not in german interest.

The project would cost more than $230 billion and be over 7,000 kilometres.

Who the hell will travel by train to Russia, other than tourists? Even many tourists will fly there. This is not a lucrative project at all.. Are you kidding me, 230 billion? I have no problem if Russia pays for it. Even in China, our HSR system is not complete yet, we should concentrate on our own business and leave Russia alone.

This goes back to my theory of how the rise of the standard of living in China is going to cause the CCP trouble. In the future pushing projects that the average person may be against will become harder and harder. People aren't going to be pushover peasants anymore.

Last edited:
I think perishables will be pushed harder than non-perishables.
You'd want to ship fresh meat/fish/fruits/vegetables across the continent rather than electronics.

I think that's one thing, but also rapid prototyping and contract manufacturing. You can prototype a large or fragile machine at the factory, then send it over to customers to get their views *fast*, and for the customers to be able to look at the actual machine. Faster than shipping, can go straight to the factory without leaving protective casing, and far cheaper than air.

This goes back to my theory of how the rise of the standard of living in China is going to cause the CCP trouble as in the future pushing projects that the average person may be against will become harder and harder. People aren't going to be pushover peasants anymore.

Every citizen or taxpayer has the right to keep an eye on how the money is being used or to see if it is wasted. The new amendment of China's budget law set more detailed procedures to make fiscal appropriation more transparent and easily supervised, to improve the effectiveness of the functionality of government and reduce corruption. We have the right to question the government.

Every citizen or taxpayer has the right to keep an eye on how the money is being used or to see if it is wasted. The new amendment of China's budget law set more detailed procedures to make fiscal appropriation more transparent and easily supervised, to improve the effectiveness of the functionality of government and reduce corruption. We have the right to question the government.

...and so it starts. Democracy is right around the corner.

In China,we travel from smaller city to smaller city without airport by high-speed train instead of bus.
It is very convenient.
What if we set up the railway from Moscow to Beijing,it doesn't mean we will go directly from Beijing to Moscow by flight.
This rail could connect small point together.
For example,from Guangzhou to Beijing,the airline distance is about 2200km,and it will take 3 hours and ten minute.If by high speed train,it may take 9 hours and 15 minutes.But this rail connect 13 cities and some station is just in the middle of small countrysides.It is kind of radiation.
In addition,for a lot of smaller place,the airport is far away from our location but some railway stations are more nearby downtown.
High-speed train is just your another choice.

Will such a long high speed line be able to compete with low cost airlines in terms of price and time saved?

Is economic feasibility is already debatable.

Back
Top Bottom