What's new

The other side of India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its already illegal, but our police system sucks, i mean they'll be clueless once they 'arrest' all these thousands of kids. so the solution can not be just banning it, but more help from society in terms of giving these children a home. until then we can just help the NGOs in whatever way we can.

i did not say give money to beggars, i said otherwise.
Why arrest kids? Arrest the slumlords and put the kids in orphanages and hospitals where they can receive some treatment.

Why do we have to depend upon NGOs? I once had the opportunity to tag along workers of ActionAid (they work in India too). And these people specialized on getting child beggars off the street.

NGOs can't do it. We need to do something about it. Begging should be BANNED. Out of what compulsion should you give out free money to some random guy who asks for it? I'm not against charity but you need to know your charity is actually helping someone in need, not a slumlord.

There is no immediate solution to begging. If you ban begging, it will turn these kids into criminals and put them in prison - even worse - while their gang leaders will pay bribes and get away.

Moreover, the more beggars you remove from the streets, the more will come from all over India to take their place.

The real solution to the real problem? Stem the source by focussing on rural prosperity. And that is the real challenge.

I am very thankful for this thread. India has since its independence been associated with penury, poverty etc.
Indians have tried hard to promote their nation, trying to show the world look
we are not about snakecharmers, sadhus, kings, elephants and tigers...

It appears that our efforts have succeeded.

The world including our neighbours have started to believe that India is
a super power or "shopar powar". Hence the need by some jealous/truth seekers to remind Indians and others of our "other" "hidden" side as opposed to what the world thinks of us, an emerging super power. :pdf:
I know... thats the spirit. This is definitely the lesser seen, lesser heard side of India.

There is no immediate solution to begging. If you ban begging, it will turn these kids into criminals and put them in prison - even worse - while their gang leaders will pay bribes and get away.

Moreover, the more beggars you remove from the streets, the more will come from all over India to take their place.

The real solution to the real problem? Stem the source by focussing on rural prosperity. And that is the real challenge.
You're just throwing money at the problem.

These slumlords sound like Balochistan feudal lords. They won't LET rural prosperity happen. Whatever money you throw at this problem will end up in their pockets. You need to get rid of evil people to get rid of evil itself.

Why arrest kids? Arrest the slumlords and put the kids in orphanages and hospitals where they can receive some treatment.

Easier said than done. "Orphanages" end up becoming nothing more than prisons from children, where in the absence of expertise and the presence of corrupt ruthless government servants, the kids are treated like criminals and eventually become criminals.

IMO we shouldn't give them any money no matter what. Since that money doesn't really help them at all but helps their masters.

OMG!! true...I should not forget next time that I should not give any money.:argh:

Easier said than done. "Orphanages" end up becoming nothing more than prisons from children, where in the absence of expertise and the presence of corrupt ruthless government servants, the kids are treated like criminals and eventually become criminals.
Then fix orphanages too.

At least it will buy you sometime. There will be some gap before 3-4 yr old crippled kids become criminals. There should be some sort of rehabilitation program. Look quite frankly India's quest for superpowership cannot be taken seriously till it doesn't do these difficult things.

It is easier said than done. But the difficult things need to be done too and not just brushed under the rug. These are the future of your nation and you can't just let your future be crippled.

You're just throwing money at the problem.

These slumlords sound like Balochistan feudal lords. They won't LET rural prosperity happen. Whatever money you throw at this problem will end up in their pockets. You need to get rid of evil people to get rid of evil itself.

Well, I don't know about Balochistan. In India we have the gram panchayat system which in theory works better, and can be made to work better, provided the villagers are made aware of theri citizenship and their rights.

States like Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Haryana, Tamil Nadu do much better because their literacy rates are much higher than the rest of India.

Bihar, UP are doing the worst because literacy rates are horrible, and most of the child-trafficking comes from these parts where parents often have to sell their children in order to feed themselves.

Things will improve when literacy and education increases, and people realize their fundamental rights.

sorry to be a bit rude, but wat is the purpose of this thread except to make some silly neighbours to gloat over our failures?
and how is that going to any good to your countries?

We do not gloat, as we have many problems of our own.

However, some of our members may be tired of Bharatias lording it over us, by claims of 'Shining India'.

Now we have seen behind the gloss.

Pakistan and Bengladesh are what they are, we have no delusions of grandeur.

Then fix orphanages too.

At least it will buy you sometime. There will be some gap before 3-4 yr old crippled kids become criminals. There should be some sort of rehabilitation program. Look quite frankly India's quest for superpowership cannot be taken seriously till it doesn't do these difficult things.

It is easier said than done. But the difficult things need to be done too and not just brushed under the rug. These are the future of your nation and you can't just let your future be crippled.

asim, you are suggesting temporary relief methods, india is working on long-term permanent solutions.

you just want some drug to relieve pain, india is working on complete treatment of disease. it takes time to show results.

actually, results are showing in many places.

Then fix orphanages too.

As I said, the "rehabilitation" never works. India has orphanages. They don't work. As long as there is poverty, there will be corruption.

You can't simply say "Do this and that will disappear". Infact, the more rules you make, the more laws you make, the more opportunities there are for corruption.

Nobody is brushing anything in India - its all open for everyone to see, unlike some places like China where beggars are rounded up and put into "labour camps" in order to keep up the image of the country.

However, some of our members may be tired of Bharatias lording it over us, by claims of 'Shining India'.

if you had imagined india to be some paradise in your head, that is not our fault.
anyway, india was always open for scrutiny, unlike lot of other countries.

as for 'shining india', it is shining brighter than before and better than most. it sure is a thing of pride for us. though 'shining' needs some more 'polish'

asim, you are suggesting temporary relief methods, india is working on long-term permanent solutions.

you just want some drug to relieve pain, india is working on complete treatment of disease. it takes time to show results.

actually, results are showing in many places.
you can call this "long-term" only if there was actually something being done about it.

India's long-term plan is to keep building its economy and hope that these poverty stricken people somehow move their ***** and somehow catch up with the rest of the India.

Don't get me wrong to a large degree that is what should be done... But at the same time the forces that PREVENT these people from standing up and trying to send their kids to IIT should be removed from the Indian society too.

This shouldn't be through subsidies, grants, rations. This should be through providing realistic opportunities and tackling corruption both at the same time.

What is that they say about SMART goals?

Specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.

That is really disgusting.

You are reassuring yourselves by saying "hey India is so dirty and has such weird stuff, our problems are not so bad anymore!!"

As far as delusions of grandeur are concerned, I've been on this forum for a long time, and I've seen a whole range of Pakistani members who consider their country to be head and shoulders above India.

I think it all started with the "Beautiful India" thread, which its now clear, was too much for some Pakistani members to handle.

Why are some Indians acting like such big wusses over here. These pictures are a part of INDIA. The thread starter merely stated the OTHER side of India. Simple as that. What are you guys getting pissed off about? Are you pissed off that this kind of Hinduism exists in India? Well if you are then its your job to do something about it, if you're not then enjoy the pictures and tell us more about your interests in the lingas, the orgy depictions the naked dances, etc.

But seriously stop being a wuss about it and talking like "Don't expose me or else I'll expose Islam". First of all this thread has nothing to do with Islam. You want to expose the bad practices of certain Muslim groups, you won't find many people getting pissed off that you posted it, but rather we'd be pissed off that such things exist in our name.

Now stop being lame, either stay out of the thread if you don't have the stomach for it or quit derailing this thread. All further offtopic comments would be DELETED!

Look at with what comments the pics come with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom