What's new

Top 5 Asian Football Teams

I thumbed down what he thinks! It don't matter if there's a WWIII due to an India vs. Pakistan cricket match. Football reigns supreme!

Got it. Used to think there is nothing interesting than India vs Pakistan(both hockey test matches in 1980s or cricket matches) matches but nowadays it does not interest me much. Maybe age caught up with me or they don't show the matches free of cost in US. :lol:

To some extent yes but you can also count on Iran.Decent football team and also has a big fan following in Bangladesh.

Never got a chance to watch Iran play. But I am surprised that they have a following in Bangladesh. I know football is huge in West Bengal and Bangladesh but this is news for me.

top 5 in asia
1-japan
2-s.k
3-australia
4-Iran
any way i love Iran's and korea's game styles.Iran plays strong and offensive and korea plays fast and beautiful.
dont forget we won USA badly in 98 worldcup.we had a great chance to became top 16 teams that year.

bro i dont think getting old players will improve the football quality that much. I mean it will bring more attendence to the matches and defenders might get exposure to world class attackers but thats about it. These players are here for business.

Anyway if china or any asian team want to match up to their south american, african and european counterparts, they must hire coaches like Arsene Wenger or Pep Guardiola who polishes stones into gems and beautiful, flawless football.

I agree bringing one or two hi profiled players wont help instantly, USA is an example, Japan is another. The national team have also hired Camacho. These are small steps but I hope gradually they will make a change.

Euro 2012 Final 4:

Portugal vs Spain
Italy vs Germany

The mega-bore can finally book their tickets home now! what a relief!

isnt it bad that Pakistan produces much football but in ranking its too much low. We should also encourage football but not that riots that happen after matches.

in order to build a team that can compete against the best teams of europe, s america, and africa, change has to ocurr from youth level all the way into the domestic professional league... which is why i wrote before that building a good football team is like planting a fruit bearing tree... it takes a long time and constant nurturing.

it can get expensive too if there isnt a lot of public interest. it costs money to have a grass field and if people dont want to pay for it, government has to pay for it...

but the most important factor is whether or not the country loves football. in the case of China, that is certainly the case, so i wrote before that it is simply a question of time before they play at world level.

sometimes it is frustrating for me to have to read some people write, "asians are just not strong enough for this game, blah blah blah". all untrue. people just say this, because they just dont believe in themselves. in terms of physique, there is no particular reason why the chinese or south asians couldnt play at the level of japan or s korea. the difference is in terms of technique and organiztion etc. technique has to be taught early. tactics, teamplay, organization, you need good manager.

in terms of history, hidetoshi nakata, cha bum geun, park ji sung, and nagatomo, lee young pyo, and kagawa have all shown asian players can play at world level. and i havent even mentioned the iranians or the Saudis who could if their sheiks would let them.

in the case of China we have sun jihai. only chinese player that ive really seen is li wei feng. i thought he was ok, but there seem to be some drama for him back in his home country.

anyway, you just need eleven guys for this game...

Full Time
India U22 1 - 2 Iraq U22
Scorer : Alwyn George

Can not believe India scored against Iraq...Thanks to Arthur Papas our new coach :tup:
India.gif

Japan, South Korea, Australia, Iran........only these guys can do Asia proud in the game,

Rest in Asia are just cannon fodder. We suck at football. Period.

have ever pakistan national team accepted or played in asian cup even?

mate , iam a professional football coach and let me tell you joachim low tactics very bad , how can you change tactics and put kroos in middle and ozil on right? he should have kept same formation with ozil behind gomez and muller or reus on the right and khedira and sweinshteiger ( dno how to spell ) behind the front 3 so the usual 4-2-3-1 formation , germany the better team than italy lost , tactical error

Back
Top Bottom