What's new

Top 5 Asian Football Teams

i think its obvious that china will get much better. the CSL isnt even ten years old, and i think the fans there have very unfair expectation for their team. Now saudis, i can understand 100% why they would be pisses, because they should be. They got knocked out too early during world cup qualifiers, and even though i dont know much about saudi football, something went really wrong.

When Korea met the Saudis in 2007, they were one tough opponent. Iranians need to worry about whether or. ot they are "slipping". historically iran plays par with south korea, but they dont seem quite the same level as they used to be. australia, they have a lot of aging stars and i donno what their young prospects are like. we will see what happens to them. There is some Aussie Korean football connection btw. Not only do many of the managers worked for both countries, the aussie domestic league is sponsored by hyundai, some of their national players play in korea. and of course, the best players from australia and korea tend to play in england. so if you dont like english football, you probably dontlike aussie or south korean football either.

North korea also have a domestic league which most people dont know about. their club names have very soviet sounding names like, military team, locomotive team, sports center team etc. nobody really knows how strong they are as they dont compete outside north korea other than the extremely rare friendlies.

Now, Israel used to be part of asia a long time ago, and back in those days, they were a dominant force in asian football. but politics being the way it is, they left for europe. its probably for the best for israel and AFC. But from purely footballing point of view, we miss seeing insane soccer rivalry games.

Turks are technically asia, but they are very much european in their level of football. If they switched confederation, they would go to world cup every time like south korea does now. but it probably would be a disaster considering this is a team that has much hire ambition than justmgetting to world cup. Just an interesting side note. For reasons noone really understand, Korean people have a soft spot for the Turks. Some believe that is, because the Turks sent many soldiers to South Korea and became blood allies. Some others believe that it is so since the Turks and Koreans trace their lineage to the central asian horse riding people. whatever the case is, south korea and the Turks work very closely in military developement. in 2002 world cup, we saw a lot of korean turk bonding when the Turks beat Korea during semi finals. the korean player lee eul yong mananged to score a goal and was scouted to Turkey. aside from him, i can think of another player who plied his trade in turkey.

I have never heard of Pakistani football... I have no idea why football isnt popular in south asia. why would cricket take off but not football? this is one of those mysteries.

Palestinian football also unfortunately suffers from political situation. I rarely hear anything about them.

Generally speaking, i think asian confederation is the most exciting of all the confederation since there is such a great diversity. There are muslims, buddhists, atheists, chrisitians, hindus, communists, playing in the jungle, in the desert, on top of mountains... Some of our members have no money and field semi professional teams. We have everything from grand stadiums to really worn down semi grassy field. During the 2007 asian cup game, a game got interrupted for half an hour as the electricity in the stadium went out. You dont get any of this in europe and south africa where everyone pretty much look similar or eat similar food.

The downside of the asian confederation is that we often have more incompetence in the organization and especially refereeing. Charges of corruption is rampant and is often true. Members often most fly incredible distances for matches and not only is it taxing for the players, many of the smaller members have hard time paying for the flight.

But at the same time its fun to watch a small nation like Lebanon where are the players are just so ecstatic about taking part of it all despite having to ride economy class to matches.

Deutschland 2 : 1 Kaaskopf
dnlb.gif

3D_germ.gif
fahne-deutschland_4.gif
3D_germ.gif
fahne-deutschland_5.gif
3D_germ.gif

congrats mate whats the rivalry with netherlands about?

ozil the fukin traitor played good

Thanks! :)

Oh, it's a friendly rivalry, nothing to worry about. :)

Özil is German, born and bred here. :cool:

Good luck for the Euro 2012 and WC 2014, you guys are by far the most stable in term performance and the coolest team as well. :enjoy:

Thanks! :)

German team is impressive. I was wearing a white T shirt with black lines near shoulder today and everybody called me german fan. :)
I like the fact that they dont have any big players like English team but win matches effortlessly.

congratzz man, I can't say I wanted you to win but Netherlands really sucked :(

Germany has been a great team as always

Özil is German, born and bred here.

Now don't be like the french, when zidane got them world cup they said that he's french and one of us

and when he fuckked that Italian bastard they attacked him and called him the Muslim Arab traitor :D

I like the fact that they dont have any big players like English team but win matches effortlessly.

nah, they have great players, English players really sucks :D

england team big players? who ? your having a laugh , danny welbeck? glen johnson? compared to ozil , gomez , lahm etc

German team is impressive. I was wearing a white T shirt with black lines near shoulder today and everybody called me german fan. :)

england team big players? who ? your having a laugh , danny welbeck? glen johnson? compared to ozil , gomez , lahm etc

Our office assistant lady thought David Beckham is the best soccer player ever played. And that's pretty much the only "big player" she knows.

It seems that Iran really has more religious freedom that those arab countries as well as Pakistan, Egypt and etc.

Iran v south Korea will be good game :coffee:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

90% of all Iranian here who live in Iran are athiests lol
you should stop watching fox news.:lol:

Götterdämmerung;3052287 said:
Deutschland 2 : 1 Kaaskopf
dnlb.gif

3D_germ.gif
fahne-deutschland_4.gif
3D_germ.gif
fahne-deutschland_5.gif
3D_germ.gif
Well Played Germans! I have watched first half, Wat a fantastic game played by germans, and superb Goals by Gomez. Netherland hadn't played as compitative as it was in WC . Best of luck germans for rest of the tournament.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom