What's new

Trump: Pakistan is a safe haven for terrorists

US & EU are much closer than you think. Ignore at your risk. Think about that $ 18 Billion going down to around $3-4 Billion. How many of these countries do you think would go against US baring China?

View attachment 420214

How will you import you oils? If Saudis can go against Qatar what chance does Pakistan have?

Following Pakistan imports

View attachment 420215

View attachment 420216

What obligation are the EU under to follow suit?? Maybe they would to support an ally, but Trump has made it clear that the leaders of Western Europe are more of a hurdle than allies. Germans control the union, and Merkel definitely wont back sanctions while trying to maintain a stable economy/relations. The UK is trying to rebuild its economy and likely wouldnt support sanctions either.

That only leaves NATO members outside the EU like Turkey who is obviously not going to back it, and Norway which Pakistan has very little trade with anyway.

You think the Saudis and the other gulf states are going to sanction Pakistan?? boy are you deluded.

Even if by some miracle the US + EU + Saudis sanctions Pakistan, it wont cripple us; Even though our economy is not affected by exports at all we can still find alternative markets, and if we need to import resources we can turn to our neighbours who are firmly out of the Americans camp.

The US will never sanction Pakistan anyway so theres literally no point discussing this.

Absolutely correct....

But, why why why ... Pakistan wants Taliban in Afghanistan???

They can try to be a good friend of Afghanistan govt and make good relationship.

And help to rebuild Afghanistan and then send all refuse from Pakistan.

Anyhow, militants not gonna to help Pakistan, right?

I don't know if Pakistan wants Talibaan in Afghanistan or not. But if it does, then consider the following narrative:

30-40% of Afghanistan is under the control of Talibaan which has intense support in those areas. The Afghan Government is hard pressed to retain control of another 30-40% of the country which comes and goes. Basically the US imposed puppet Afghan Government is able to control only about 20-25% of the country. If a major part of Afghanistan wants to support Talibaan then what is Pakistan's right to say otherwise?

Continuing on, did not the US topple a democratically elected Government of Talibaan in Afghanistan? Why should the Afghans then accept a puppet Government that the US imposed upon them?

In other words, it is not what Pakistan wants, it is what Afghans want. You may recall that Pakistan had excellent relations with the democratically elected Government of Afghanistan before the US Terror War. We have invested money, tears and blood in Afghanistan. We have fought for Afghanistan, we have suffered for Afghanistan, we have sheltered millions of Afghans........so please do not be fooled by propaganda of a puppet Government and its political endorsement by those who gain from that propaganda.

I've lost two cousins in the war on terror. How many has Trump lost?

I am sorry to hear that. But please correct the name, it is War OF Terror and not War on Terror.

Lol @our diplomacy rocks. :rofl:
Trump wants India to pay for the war in Afghanistan, contribute economically. In other words, their war is being brought to you at a platter and horny Indians see this as a victory. :crazy:

Prepare yourself to pay billions to Afghanistan. Yep, your diplomacy rocks. :bounce:

Thank God there is somebody sitting on the chair of Foreign Minister now. Previously Nawaz was holding this chair without any logical reasons.

Pakistan will need to work on its foreign policy aggressively.. need to put right people in the right place and give them a job to represent Pakistan, not government.

The question is, 'will America negotiate with terrorists"?
we-do-not-negotiate-with-terrorists-1.png

Trump said that after a military operation, we may negotiate with Taliban or not. So this policy is now situation specific.

Another childish comment without any mental faculties used. All the duties collected at Mumbai ports, large tax units, finance and commerce, Mumbai being the industrial capital goes into it. Mumbai being the richest city in India.

Take other Indian states example, like UP in India, UP India has a population of 22 crore and its GDP is 160 billion USD nominal about half that of Pakistan nominal GDP at 313 billion USD nominal, Pakistan population about 200 million plus now.

Tokyo city GDP at 2.00 trillion is slightly less than the 2.4 trillion USD of India with a population of 1.35 billion, Tokyo population is about 25 million...figure that.

BTW where is the link about your claim that Mumbai GDP nominal or PPP is equal to Pakistan GDP...waiting for any link or facts....

Orangi Karachi is not a slum, it is called a non regularized Abadi, Orangi has hospitals, roads, sewerage, eletricity and doesn't even looks like a slum by the Indian standards...it is a low income area. One article in Telegraph London doesn't makes it a slum.

Orangi Town Karachi, Pakistan...not a slum by any standards.

235.jpg

images

Had proper schools and hospitals...
920206_369338953182519_804709546_o.jpg
If you wish to feel better - do compare the GDP of Pakistan to even Nagaland. As if the whole of Pakistan doesn't have taxes, ports, industrial units etc.

And last I checked, it wasn't just one Telegraph article. But you feel free to bury your head in the sand.

My point is that the size of the Pakistani economy is not big enough to matter to American businesses that they would lobby against US Govt sanctions, if imposed.

But you always have China to lean on.

If you wish to feel better - do compare the GDP of Pakistan to even Nagaland. As if the whole of Pakistan doesn't have taxes, ports, industrial units etc.

And last I checked, it wasn't just one Telegraph article. But you feel free to bury your head in the sand.

My point is that the size of the Pakistani economy is not big enough to matter to American businesses that they would lobby against US Govt sanctions, if imposed.

But you always have China to lean on.
Thats where you are wrong
Size of Pakistani economy is 25th yes not big its small but even if gdp doubles next 7 years it would be in top20 countries. Its a emerging market. Destroying for ever relationship with such a country is not going to be happen.

History lesson?
yeah...what elections did the 'democratically elected' Taliban win when they seized control of Kabul in 1996? Just because Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE recognized the Taliban doesn't mean they won an election or were democratically elected.

You are moving away from your main point of Mumbai GDP is equal to Pakistan...give any link to it.

Pakistan per capita economy or GDP is equal to India, add 10-12% here and there. India rank in per capita GDP is 131 th in the world...HDI index rank is about 140 for India, so its is not that India is well ahead of Pakistan, it's just the population difference 1.35 billion for India and 200 million for Pakistan, which makes India looks much bigger.

In the worst of time Pakistan is doing fairly good...in the best of times it will do better.

yeah...what elections did the 'democratically elected' Taliban win when they seized control of Kabul in 1996? Just because Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE recognized the Taliban doesn't mean they won an election or were democratically elected.
The lies have been fed so much they start believing in the lies.
They don't understand the simple logic to have influence in Afghanistan and have their strategic depth they need the support of the people and they are not getting it by supporting terrorists in that country which has killed and has been suppressive when they where in power.

Brah,world dsnt revolve around Pakistan or the supply lines ,do you know what it means for Pakistan to be under sanctions at this time .
For sanctions to bite USA needs China. You think Chinese are gonna play ball? Nah. Just tough talking. Same has been said by ever administration. If I remember correctly Admiral Mullen Chief of Staff, Obama administration went as far as to call "Taliban the veritable arm of he ISI". What Trump said is no where as harsh as what Mullen said.

So my advice to Indians, pull you little things in and zip them. Masturbation time over.

* There is not much US can do to a full on nuclear weapons state which has China standing behind it. Unlike the Iranians we have cultivated strategic relationship with external power that carries clout and when time was right developed the nukes.

Our missiles can have a global reach in a blink.... if super power wants to exchange New York and Washington for Pakistan it's up to them... but I would cautions against it... we are not enemies ...... Don't make us one

You don't have that reach... Not even close.. unless you arm passenger flights... New York will remain same it is..

Mumbai GDP is equal to Pakistan
It is true. Mumbai's Gross Domestic Poop is equal if not greater than Pakistans. After millions of Mumbaites eat vegetable dhosas they go running on the streets and excrete to hearts content in the fresh open air. Result GDP is greater than Pakistans.

The lies have been fed so much they start believing in the lies.
They don't understand the simple logic to have influence in Afghanistan and have their strategic depth they need the support of the people and they are not getting it by supporting terrorists in that country which has killed and has been suppressive when they where in power.
I am not from India, Pakistan, Afghanistan or the US, so I don't have a dog in this fight so to speak.

But - I'm just trying to figure out what I've missed in relation to the Taliban being a democratically elected govt - I mean we all remember the Northern Alliance slinking away and the Taliban rolling into Kabul on the back of old Toyota pick up trucks and on top of old soviet tanks.

Warning signs for Pakistan to correct it foreign relationships and economy.
Warning for the people i mean educated middle class to elect the right people not the ones who will be spending time in england whenever things dont suit them

Back
Top Bottom