What's new

Trying India's FREE Government School Meal

It is a good and admirable idea indeed but there are three areas of improvement :

1. Eggs should be given. Eggs are one of the best forms of protein.

2. In certain places like in Rajasthan, there is caste discrimination against lower caste students.

3. The "SIMILAR THREADS" section at the bottom of the page shows two tragic cases of students dying because of contaminated food. So quality should be ensured. Plus, there was the dog in the OP vid. Dogs can spread diseases.

Do you always copy and paste everything you hear?

The whole point of school meal is like Sikh Langar...someone everyone can partake in as agreed by the social norms. Where egg is not the norm, no point enforcing it. OK? You can design good enough and balanced protein meals without egg.

Please also get rid of your dog hate. Cats can spread diseases too....any animal can.

For god sake stop calling this as free meal. There is no such thing as free. It is given from our taxes by the govt, it is just like any subsidy given for transport or power. It also exists in other countries like US. (https://www.fns.usda.gov/nslp/national-school-lunch-program-nslp )

I have seen this program up & close in karnataka , govt partially funds the program and some of it comes from donations. In fact we collected funds from company to donate to this program (https://www.akshayapatra.org/).

Every westerner comes and crows about it saying it is free while basically ignoring similar such programs in their own country, it is just another sensationalism for them.

here is another video which says the same

I believe these formal education is nonsense. You can not make a boy capable of earning even after ten years of schooling. Rather I would say they should be trained in some vocation, profession like carpentry, masonry, electrical work, TV Repairing, Mobile repairing etc. so that they can earn their day to day expense from their skills.

Honestly if they fix the qualitative aspect in primary school, this will naturally happen easier. Right now its very bad, just look at ASER reports.

It is a good and admirable idea indeed but there are three areas of improvement :

1. Eggs should be given. Eggs are one of the best forms of protein.
There are constraints, these programs are run with help of third parties like Akshaya Patra which is an initiative of ISKCON. Now they wont participate if eggs or non-veg are to provided so they end up with glass of milk or a biscuit packet.

For god sake stop calling this as free meal. There is no such thing as free. It is given from our taxes by the govt, it is just like any subsidy given for transport or power. It also exists in other countries like US. (https://www.fns.usda.gov/nslp/national-school-lunch-program-nslp )

I have seen this program up & close in karnataka , govt partially funds the program and some of it comes from donations. In fact we collected funds from company to donate to this program (https://www.akshayapatra.org/).

Every westerner comes and crows about it saying it is free while basically ignoring similar such programs in their own country, it is just another sensationalism for them.

here is another video which says the same

Why you so triggered? Of course nothing is free. Its free for this children is what the "free" means.

Free is a contextual word always.

The whole point of school meal is like Sikh Langar...someone everyone can partake in as agreed by the social norms. Where egg is not the norm, no point enforcing it. OK? You can design good enough and balanced protein meals without egg.

There are constraints, these programs are run with help of third parties like Akshaya Patra which is an initiative of ISKCON. Now they wont participate if eggs or non-veg are to provided so they end up with glass of milk or a biscuit packet.

Fair enough.

Please also get rid of your dog hate. Cats can spread diseases too....any animal can.

The max that cats can spread are fleas, and that can be removed.

Cats forevah !!

True although it depends on the person.

Exactly. there are many people with diverse skills. Here you force all of them to read write and solve maths problem. In surat, there are many big businessmen with not even secondary education. Education should be facilitator and not something which makes a person useless. Education should facilitate identifying the strengths and facilitate building the strengths in respective area. I say this with my own example.

So you want the population semi skilled? why so you higher class will have less competition for high skill jobs?
same this right now Neet doing in TN

You can not make whole population high skill. If you equate skill with education than it is utterly wrong. Many of my friends drooped the school in primary or in secondary. They are very successful businessmen including top businessmen in their area in India. Had they been forced to take formal education, they would have become useless like many people wandering here and there with the degrees in their pocket.

Honestly if they fix the qualitative aspect in primary school, this will naturally happen easier. Right now its very bad, just look at ASER reports.

Unfortunately, Useless governments in past had no vision. We can hope that it will improve.

great initiative, I hope that our government also starts such an initiative
lunch can be an incentive for the less fortunate to have a constant everyday meal.

ou can not make whole population high skill. If you equate skill with education than it is utterly wrong. Many of my friends drooped the school in primary or in secondary. They are very successful businessmen including top businessmen in their area in India. Had they been forced to take formal education, they would have become useless like many people wandering here and there with the degrees in their pocket.

See the enrollment from tamilnadu which is second highest after united Andra Pradesh. You can compare with other state. it is not even half. Lol who ever making investment always look for Highly skilled. Thats why most of the center scheme fails in TN since most schemes is formulated based on backward state we(TN) are miles ahead.

upload_2019-2-5_15-31-25.png

Back
Top Bottom