What's new

Trying India's FREE Government School Meal

So you want the population semi skilled? why so you higher class will have less competition for high skill jobs?
same this right now Neet doing in TN

He is quite right. Our "graduates" are nowehere near to the standards to the standards of graduates of western countries including me when I graduated. Semi Skilled jobs in West earn more money than a normal good office tech job. Just churning degrees wont guarantee you high skilled jobs and the latest situation is MBA's, Masters applying for cleaning jobs in TN secretariat which has never happened in TN before.

A truck driver will earn 40$ per hour while an experienced tech guy will earn only around 35$ per hour. India needs to start respecting semi skilled jobs and certifications needed to bring out that.

great initiative, I hope that our government also starts such an initiative
lunch can be an incentive for the less fortunate to have a constant everyday meal.

There is no midday meal scheme in Pakistan? :what:

See the enrollment from tamilnadu which is second highest after united Andra Pradesh. You can compare with other state. it is not even half. Lol who ever making investment always look for Highly skilled. Thats why most of the center scheme fails in TN since most schemes is formulated based on backward state we(TN) are miles ahead.

View attachment 537188

RPK, you do realise that we are here to interact with other nationalities and Indians to learn from each other. TN is a great state and have very high social indicators. But what's the point of measuring ourselves with less fortunate states and feeling better in almost every post.

Our education system starting from a whole is a mess. With or without NEET doctors from govt schools number 3-4 every year. Our system needs a qualitiative makeover. NEET needs to give weightage to 12th marks as well.

Right now, I am having home made Dosa with some leftover Upma of yesterday!:)

Odisha ppl know upma! :tup: It was common lunch for me at school my mom would give me.

I remember though you have connections by family now to south India though...that must have helped :)

I think, though Upma belongs to south India, I have eaten Upma at home since I was born. And south Indian food is in our home long before we were connected by families. We love that except for the addons. For example with plain dosa, a Sukhila Santuala (vegetables fried dry with less oil) is prefered. We have stuffed Alu masala, but with less quantity. For idly you will find Ghuguni(search google:D) as side dish instead of sambar.

In our Upma, we add lots of seasonal vegetables....like for now we add cauli flower and bins.

And for Dosa batter, if you remove channa dal and increase urad dal it becomes Chakuli Pitha.:)....softer slightly thicker than dosa.

Your Vadas are big and fluffy inside, but ours are flattened, more onions and crispy.

Your Vadas are big and fluffy inside, but ours are flattened, more onions and crispy.

Actually we have both varieties. The big fluffy one is "medhu vadai"...but the one you talking about we call as "parippu vadai" or just "vadai" (and yes can add onions, ginger etc to taste)....my mom for instance makes the latter one more at home because medhu vadai you need to grind the paste a lot more etc...and it is just simpler and cheaper to get at restaurant where they can do it at scale. Parippu Vadai also is the traditional festival one much more...just remove the onions traditionally and have it plain..... (though there are special medhu vadai for those too, but they tend to be smaller and made into garland etc).

I believe these formal education is nonsense. You can not make a boy capable of earning even after ten years of schooling. Rather I would say they should be trained in some vocation, profession like carpentry, masonry, electrical work, TV Repairing, Mobile repairing etc. so that they can earn their day to day expense from their skills.

Your comment would have made more sense if you were talking about undergrad studies but not for basic schooling.

A decade of basic schooling is necessary because it gives you basic ability to read, write and perform atleast basic mathematical tasks which later on helps you in deciding what career path to choose and helps you to perform better in your job.

Also, a kid not going to school and becoming a carpenter or a plumber at such a young age just to earn few bucks is considered child labour. Ofcourse, there is a safety factor involved too.

An example, if it weren't for your basic schooling you wouldn't be typing here in your spare time.

Why you so triggered? Of course nothing is free. Its free for this children is what the "free" means.

Free is a contextual word always.
triggered ? I am just pointing out the biased view westerners resort too. They certainly wont make a video showing free lunches their kids have or compare it to the programs they run. These videos are just like another slum video or cows on road...etc. These sensationalist videos just reinforce the existing stereotype of India abroad among the rednecks.

He is quite right. Our "graduates" are nowehere near to the standards to the standards of graduates of western countries including me when I graduated. Semi Skilled jobs in West earn more money than a normal good office tech job. Just churning degrees wont guarantee you high skilled jobs and the latest situation is MBA's, Masters applying for cleaning jobs in TN secretariat which has never happened in TN before.

A truck driver will earn 40$ per hour while an experienced tech guy will earn only around 35$ per hour. India needs to start respecting semi skilled jobs and certifications needed to bring out that.
AV, I agree with the standard of education needs to be improved but semi skilled in not way forward. we need to have more high skilled entrepreneurs then semi skilled labors. Since India has the huge population with need go to next step that skilled entrepreneur is the way forward.

There is no midday meal scheme in Pakistan? :what:

RPK, you do realise that we are here to interact with other nationalities and Indians to learn from each other. TN is a great state and have very high social indicators. But what's the point of measuring ourselves with less fortunate states and feeling better in almost every post.

Our education system starting from a whole is a mess. With or without NEET doctors from govt schools number 3-4 every year. Our system needs a qualitiative makeover. NEET needs to give weightage to 12th marks as well.

Sadly I haven't seen it anywhere in Pakistan

Your comment would have made more sense if you were talking about undergrad studies but not for basic schooling.

A decade of basic schooling is necessary because it gives you basic ability to read, write and perform atleast basic mathematical tasks which later on helps you in deciding what career path to choose and helps you to perform better in your job.

Also, a kid not going to school and becoming a carpenter or a plumber at such a young age just to earn few bucks is considered child labour. Ofcourse, there is a safety factor involved too.

An example, if it weren't for your basic schooling you wouldn't be typing here in your spare time.

I agree with you to some extent but I have seen examples of highly successful businessmen with just primary education. One of my friend left school in std IX. today he is a top diamond merchant and supplies diamonds to Walmart. There are many successful businessmen in city who hasn't even done primary education. They are billionaires. They have become very smart by experience and they have learned all required skills and maths in the process. My boss hasn't even done secondary education but he is very smart and knows very good English, lots of laws and Administration and handles a multi million dollar business.

Back
Top Bottom