What's new

Turkiye is the 8th largest arms exporter in the world

Doesn't matter, we still have tons of projects unfinished. As we continue our R&D we will produce a much larger spectrum of weapons. And as we compete with other arms exporters we will grab some of their market shares because we are coming back from nothing and we got very little to lose.

At this step numbers are not so important.

Wow just wow! i haven't found this page on http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/weapons/R42678.pdf
What i did found is PDF page 48 which states Arms Transfer Agreements with Developing Nations in 2011

not world! heck i remember Israel in 2011 signed agreements for more that 600million, and that is only what i remember

there is no way in hell Turkey will outperform arm giant like United Kingdom on world arena!

I mean seriously, someone temper with this image to fit his agenda, lies lies and more lies

Thn check it once again well..
graphics-blind-418676.gif

Archdemon ,What do you think about table 34 on page 75?
Is it fraud, or are you little bit arrogant?

My mistake, this page indeed exist, i though that i went throughout all pages. Having said that, this is still dubious, how Turkey can be above UK? BAE is the biggest arm manufacturer by trade, just doesn't make any sense, so there must be catch, some parameter that overlooked.

My mistake, this page indeed exist, i though that i went throughout all pages. Having said that, this is still dubious, how Turkey can be above UK? BAE is the biggest arm manufacturer by trade, just doesn't make any sense, so there must be catch, some parameter that overlooked.
I agree with you. this document has dubious data. it can only show Turkey's arms export is increasing strongly.

May be there were only a few new agreements of uk last year so below turkey and Korea in a single year

The Koreans also had a too high ranking

May be there were only a few new agreements of uk last year so below turkey and Korea in a single year

The Koreans also had a too high ranking

BAE sales for 2011 were £19.2 Billion which is ~$24 Billion http://www.baesystems.com/cs/groups/public/documents/document/mdaw/mdu2/~edisp/baes_045566.pdf

BAE is international cooperation which registered and having headquarters in the UK, how much of its operations made in UK and does oversees manufacturing included under UK sale or under particular contractor country host?

Did you know that a FNSS, 49% owned joint venture with Nurol Group of
Turkey

BAE has many subsidizer firms. BAE UK only gets a fraction of the total work. BAE US for example is even bigger than BAE UK even though BAE's HQ is in the UK.

Also for example BAE KSA which is 50% owned by BAE itself while the other 50% is shared between AEC, Al-Salam and MEPC.

So while BAE on itself is the world's largest arms manufacturer it doesn't mean that BAE UK does all the work and all the profits go to it. After all Arms is just another business where corporate law is the rule of business.

^^^was gonna say a lot of BAE business will count towards US total.

dont forget that the sales included the domestic sales,not only export

Also,excellent weapons are not always good seller,such as Challenger 2

Back
Top Bottom