What's new

Turkiye is the 8th largest arms exporter in the world

Whom are Turkey's clients, I know India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia (and some other Arab countries), Israel etc are the biggest arm importers but i don't see any Turkish weapon in their inventory.

This site shows totally different picture Top List TIV Tables

Archdemon;

I can understand your effort to prove your all mighty country superiority!!! Your effort is nothing but beating a dead horse. A piece of advise do not make yourself fool by posting other source which is lack of information since the US Congress report is a one of the most reliable sources. The fact hurts, doesn`t it?

aaa2bu.jpg

Archdemon;

I can understand your effort to prove your all mighty country superiority!!! Your effort is nothing but beating a dead horse. A piece of advise do not make yourself fool by posting other source which is lack of information since the US Congress report is a one of the most reliable sources. The fact hurts, doesn`t it?

Since when this is a fact, this is exactly why i posted source which show another picture, so which one is the "fact"?

i wonder why numbers and rankings are so different

SIPRI is an independent international institute dedicated to research into conflict, armaments, arms control and disarmament. Established in 1966, SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on open sources, to policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public. Based in Stockholm, SIPRI also has presences in Beijing and Washington, DC.

Top List TIV Tables

Since when this is a fact, this is exactly why i posted source which show another picture, so which one is the "fact"?

i wonder why numbers and rankings are so different

SIPRI is an independent international institute dedicated to research into conflict, armaments, arms control and disarmament. Established in 1966, SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on open sources, to policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public. Based in Stockholm, SIPRI also has presences in Beijing and Washington, DC.

Top List TIV Tables

I have already told you the fact is the US Congress report. The source you posted cannot be true because as other members mentioned FNSS signed $600 million worth deal with Malaysia Turkey seals largest single defense export deal with Malaysia in 2011. In this respect, the source you posted is lack of information.

I do not know why the numbers are different but apparently SIPRI missed some data.

Guys, honestly when its just wrong you have to admit it, not to mention the only purpose of that news in Turkish media was to praise Erdogan's supposed yet another victory against Israel, the headline of those news "Türkiye İsraili koltuğundan etti".

A bit of google research can reveal the actual numbers, for instance Russian arms export for 2011 was $13.2 billion, Israeli arms export for 2010 was $7.3 billion.

Russian Arms Exports in 2011 Total $13.2 Bln | Defense | RIA Novosti
Israel arms exports topped $7.3b in 2010 - Globes

This would not change the fact that Turkish arms exports are on a increase and have now actually topped 1 billion.

Guys, honestly when its just wrong you have to admit it, not to mention the only purpose of that news in Turkish media was to praise Erdogan's supposed yet another victory against Israel, the headline of those news "Türkiye İsraili koltuğundan etti".

A bit of google research can reveal the actual numbers, for instance Russian arms export for 2011 was $13.2 billion, Israeli arms export for 2010 was $7.3 billion.

Russian Arms Exports in 2011 Total $13.2 Bln | Defense | RIA Novosti
Israel arms exports topped $7.3b in 2010 - Globes

This would not change the fact that Turkish arms exports are on a increase and have now actually topped 1 billion.

What are you talking about qardaş? I do not know whether the purpose of this news in the media was to praise the Erdogan`s victory against Israel but you missed something. The news not only mentions Israel but says Turkiye outpaced the gained arms suppliers like Israel and Spain.

You googled it but you pulled out 2010 sales of Israel. We are talking about 2011. Also instead of googling, give us a source something reliable. Okay qardaş???

These are government figures, the 2011 figure for Israel is probably even higher given the trend. Do you think that a defence industry giant like Russia would only export around $4 billion? These are the ones that comes to my mind because I'm more familiar with them than the others, someone else mentioned UK, and that is most likely the case aswell.

The Israeli IAI company alone has a backlog of nearly $10 billion. This is only a single company, don't you think its too early to say that Turkey has already surpassed Israeli defence industry? Turkey itself was a major client of Israel before relations got bad.

What I am saying is that we got a good momentum which will lead us a good position in the defense industry. We may have surpassed Israel and Spain in 2011, but it does not mean we will surpass them from now on or our defense industry is superior than them. We have just started to build our defense industry and we just have got involved the competition with other arms suppliers. Since our R&D increases every year and our companies work on new products such as ALTAY, ANKA, ATAK etc. we will take over some markets of other arms suppliers including Israel, Spain, Italy, England etc.

AT least Pakistan imported Panter Howitzer from turkey

Back
Top Bottom