What's new

U.S. Should Consider Establishing a SCS International Operations Center in Indonesia

Indonesia is the natural military leader of ASEAN

Maybe China is jealous as they haven't started doing something in the region... oh wait, I guess it is this why they make man-made islands in that sea area.

Maybe China is jealous as they haven't started doing something in the region... oh wait, I guess it is this why they make man-made islands in that sea area.

I guess they want to have some land for soccer, like this

ttxvn_giaoluuHaiquanVietPhil2.jpg
phil-4089-1402625681.jpg

They should build that in China since China is the most important country in the SCS area.

Indonesia is the natural military leader of ASEAN
there is no such thing as natural leader in this world. you have to earn the merit.
I suggest indonesia goes to war against china. if the indos win, they are the new master of china.

if they want to become the new military leader of Asean, the indo army must become the most powerful country. at the moment, their army is poor equipped, poor financed. they won´t survive any battles against regional military powers as vietnam, singapore and malaysia.

there is no such thing as natural leader in this world. you have to earn the merit.
I suggest indonesia goes to war against china. if the indos win, they are the new master of china.

if they want to become the new military leader of Asean, the indo army must become the most powerful country. at the moment, their army is poor equipped, poor financed. they won´t survive any battles against regional military powers as vietnam, singapore and malaysia.

Why we must fight against China? it must be better to sending Viet into destruction caused by their own stupidity

if our budget which is twice more than Vietnam you called it poorly financed how about your Armed forces, the deprived one? And you had spent roughly 3 percent of your GDP for military spending and yet you can't reach fivety per-cent of our defense budget

And, tell me about why Malaysia, Singapore, British and Australia must join together into FPDA (Five Power Defense Arrangement)? And who the one to fight them alone in the past during Confrontation? Viet?

Well, I think that China would love to be moderator between any arguments inside ASEAN.
Any way, to be honest, Indonesia from its population and territory is the de facto leader of this organization. Though our Vietnam comrades are unwilling to accept this leadership, with Cambodia and Laos already in their plates. They always think that Vietnam deserves more share in the leadership. I can fully understand the case.
Why we must fight against China? it must be better to sending Viet into destruction caused by their own stupidity

if our budget which is twice more than Vietnam you called it poorly financed how about your Armed forces, the deprived one? And you had spent roughly 3 percent of your GDP for military spending and yet you can't reach fivety per-cent of our defense budget

And, tell me about why Malaysia, Singapore, British and Australia must join together into FPDA (Five Power Defense Arrangement)? And who the one to fight them alone in the past during Confrontation? Viet?

I would rather say this so-called second island chain is a security line for US carrier fleets, they can take a breath beyond China's land-based anti-ship missiles, for example, DF-21.
The only more threatening than the First Island Chain (which include 9-10 Dash Line) is the Second Island Chain, as they could claim (and take by force) Benham rise from the Philippines as well as any area claimed by Japan in that area.

island-chains-image1.gif

I have thought US still keep working on color-revolutionary over Vietnam govt.
however, so what you train pilots on too expensive aircrafts that their country can never afford.
There is nothing to prevent Viet Nam from sending her pilots to the US for training. Does not matter one bit the aircraft. If anything, air combat training from US will be superior to anything the Russians have.
There is nothing to prevent Viet Nam from sending her pilots to the US for training. Does not matter one bit the aircraft. If anything, air combat training from US will be superior to anything the Russians have.

American put their trust in Indonesia. That's why they gave Indonesia for free 30 used F-16 ( only charge the recovery cost ). Vietnam can't never dream for those.
And AH-64 Apache. US never intend to sell anything to foe, but friend.

@areal

I believe nine dot map is seen by USA as a big challenge made by China right into the face of USA hegemony. USA is concern that the vital shipping route which is very important in Asia Pacific region will be under 100 % China influence (based on China map). And we know that 21 century is an Asian Century.

Actually, there is no economical gain if China take it through force since Ukraine scenario will be imposed by USA directly. It will just attack China economy badly considering all NATO nations will be in his side. It is better for China to compete USA in economic and technology term, and dont be foolish to follow Russia footstep.

It is a sincere advice for me to all of Chinese here to avoid any problem during our Asian rise century. Furthermore, as Indonesian, we dont really have any problem on China rise. We have already been cooperating with them since hundreds years ago, in which we had two big empire at that time which were Srivijaya and Majapahit, even Majapahit Empire is wider than current Indonesian region. We only had a war with China when China was still under Mongol, and we know Mongol people are aggressive one, once they had really powerful power.

can we jut become better than them instead.

The battle of sekigahara showed that a put together force with nothing but interests can not work against a real united force and a powerful one.

Tokugawa fired on the man he depended on to win the battle to force him to choose, and he did, joining Tokugawa and finished off Mitsunari.

So our offer will forever be the same, nothing. If you want to work together, good, if you just want something, America is your best friend.

Than, our countries interest will never met any mutual share/ never crossing the same line to working together in defense related matter :D

It will be a good riddance and at the same time will be an important notice for our politician here who still divided into two camps about South Chinese Sea and the rising of China as military power issue. But nevertheless Chinese government still trying to sway Indonesia into their camps with gracious Soft Loan offer and infrastructure financial scheme and we will always welcoming them with warm welcome, money still a money after all. And not to mention your Ministry of Foreign officer came to Jakarta recently with their attache in defense to offer more elaborate cooperation between the two armed forces.

Russia is not stupid enough to conduct military operation, just because it lacks of possible choices from political aspects.
China is quite different, before reaching the last treatment, military activities, it has a lot of political solutions for choosing.
I cannot see China and US will really face-to-face collide in the near future. Diplomatic concerns are not more than asking for a high price during complicated negotiation. Eventually, US will automatically fade from Asia-Pacific area because it cannot support so large and expensive carrier fleets any more, and China can patiently wait.
@areal

I believe nine dot map is seen by USA as a big challenge made by China right into the face of USA hegemony. USA is concern that the vital shipping route which is very important in Asia Pacific region will be under 100 % China influence (based on China map). And we know that 21 century is an Asian Century.

Actually, there is no economical gain if China take it through force since Ukraine scenario will be imposed by USA directly. It will just attack China economy badly considering all NATO nations will be in his side. It is better for China to compete USA in economic and technology term, and dont be foolish to follow Russia footstep.

It is a sincere advice for me to all of Chinese here to avoid any problem during our Asian rise century. Furthermore, as Indonesian, we dont really have any problem on China rise. We have already been cooperating with them since hundreds years ago, in which we had two big empire at that time which were Srivijaya and Majapahit, even Majapahit Empire is wider than current Indonesian region. We only had a war with China when China was still under Mongol, and we know Mongol people are aggressive one, once they had really powerful power.

Russia is not stupid enough to conduct military operation, just because it lacks of possible choices from political aspects.
China is quite different, before reaching the last treatment, military activities, it has a lot of political solutions for choosing.
I cannot see China and US will really face-to-face collide in the near future. Diplomatic concerns are not more than asking for a high price during complicated negotiation. Eventually, US will automatically fade from Asia-Pacific area because it cannot support so large and expensive carrier fleets any more, and China can patiently wait.

It can't be happened as they are the one who perfected the Naval strategy in modern time and backed with almost unlimited dollar prints, even during the Oil Shock and the subsequent economic crisis in 1970's era in which much worsen than today, US still capable to fielding a powerful Navy till today

I hear someone here calling you military leader.

big country size does not make you to a great military power, nor military budget. Israel won all 4 wars against its neighbors. the jews can crush all arab armies in the region combined at any time again.

I place my bet on the singapore army. they can crush your army.

why Malaysia, Singapore, British and Australia etc join together to fight possible aggression against indonesia?
well, it is not unsual. a lion mobilizes all of it powers to catch a mouse. the US as a military superpower mobilized dozen of other nation armies to go to war against the third rate military power Irak. and WON.

Last edited:

LOL Inferiority complex much.
171860580_ffea823f0d_o.jpg

I hear someone here calling you military leader.

big country size does not make you to a great military power, nor military budget. Israel won all 4 wars against its neighbors. the jews can crush all arab armies in the region combined at any time again.

I place my bet on the singapore army. they can crush your army.

why Malaysia, Singapore, British and Australia etc join together to fight possible aggression against indonesia?
well, it is not unsual. a lion mobilizes all of it powers to catch a mouse. the US as a military superpower mobilized dozen of other nation armies to go to war against the third rate military power Irak. and WON.

Singapore is a city state meaning we only have 1 target if we go to war. Look at the Imperial Japanese for example. It only took them 5 day to occupy Singapore back when it was lauded as a Fortress while it took them months for them to occupy Philippines.

Back
Top Bottom