What's new

Umayyad invasion of Sindh and the arrival of Islam

Umayyad invasion of Sindh and the arrival of Islam

Islam arrived in the area now known as Pakistan in 711 CE, when the Umayyad dynasty sent a Muslim Arab army led by Muhammad bin Qasim against the ruler of Sindh, Raja Dahir, this was due to the fact that Raja Dahir had given refuge to numerous Zorostrian Princes who had fled the Islamic conquest of Iran. Mohummad Bin Qasim's army was defeated in his first thee attempts. The Muslim army conquered the northwestern part of Indus Valley from Kashmir to the Arabian Sea. The arrival of the Arab Muslims to the provinces of Sindh and Punjab, along with subsequent Muslim dynasties, set the stage for the religious boundaries of South Asia that would lead to the development of the modern state of Pakistan as well as forming the foundation for Islamic rule which quickly spread across much of South Asia. Following the rule of various Islamic.

Could I ask where you got that gem? Can you quote an authoritative source? This is so weird!

I am not denying religion/race.

No Upper Caste person had to convert to gain benefits from British,

They got education easily,they were the elites of their zone along with the Arains and they did lose land to the Arain which they would have otherwise obtained.

I dont know their situation during the Sikh Empire,but maybe some did convert.

Overall, Both Hindu/Sikh & Muslim Rajputs/Jatts are power enclaves and you cannot go back to the original religion after so many years in a different way.

They didn't have to as well.

If the Marathas/Rajputs/Jatts had united under one empire and controlled the territory after 3rd Battle of Panipat many might have converted.

Nusrat Fateh ali Khan Saab's ancestors came to Jalandhar from Afghanistan,Herat/Kabul/Kandahar is not clear and makes no difference.

ok i don't know what you ranting about but OK i believe you. arguing with you is bringing myself down to a real stupid level & i am ashamed

ok i don't know what you ranting about but OK i believe you. arguing with you is bringing myself down to a real stupid level & i am ashamed

I am not ranting and you are certainly showing ignorance and getting urself into a defensive spot.

What are you trying to say? :blink:

I am responding to the argument that Sufis came only from Herat and nowhere else.

Subramanian this is not good brother let the kids be happy with their opinions remember truth needs no justification lie does.

This thread is a joke and a result of wannabe arab complex of pakistanis.Arab invasion of sindh was just a touch and go expedition and descendent of Qasim were defeated in a battle in Rajasthan.Further rise of pratihara kingdom in Gujrat further checked the spread of Arabs and after being decisively defeated in 738 AD,Arabs ceased to be a danger to India.

Islam gained it's footing in India only after second battle of Tarin in 1196 AD.And people who carried the sword of Islam were Afghans.

So pakistanis be sure of this that you people do not carry arab genes in your DNA.

yes tipu sultan might have been barbaric BUT DEFINETLY not as great a barbarian as your IDOL ASHOKA! and definetly didn't put down his weapons as easily as some of your rajputs of the time.

There is a difference between giving up violence and laying down of Arms.Ashoka gave up Violence but still maintained Largest Army in world of his times.In short he gave upon invading other countries but no one could have invaded his also.

Pakistanis are probably the only people in the world who celebrate and eulogize invaders, looters and pillagers of their ancestors.

Arrival of Islam might have been great for them but the way it arrived? Yeah right!
what looters , that shows ur pity mind set , looser, we won the hearts and thats why mass converted to islam.....
My hero MUHAMMAD BIN QASIM ( May ALLAH bless him ) freed the people of sindh from cruel raja dahir.... u need to read the history and cause of his arrival ...

This thread is a joke and a result of wannabe arab complex of pakistanis.Arab invasion of sindh was just a touch and go expedition and descendent of Qasim were defeated in a battle in Rajasthan.Further rise of pratihara kingdom in Gujrat further checked the spread of Arabs and after being decisively defeated in 738 AD,Arabs ceased to be a danger to India.

Islam gained it's footing in India only after second battle of Tarin in 1196 AD.And people who carried the sword of Islam were Afghans.

So pakistanis be sure of this that you people do not carry arab genes in your DNA.

There is a difference between giving up violence and laying down of Arms.Ashoka gave up Violence but still maintained Largest Army in world of his times.In short he gave upon invading other countries but no one could have invaded his also.
u need to read correct history , they were of all breeds not afghans and even afgans are muslim 1st........ fact is india has always been ruled by other nations

I was reading this thread and then chanced upon this thread.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/179216-pakistan-bharat-british-india-what-came-first-what-came-after-15.html#post2926856

Such confusion.

u need to read correct history , they were of all breeds not afghans and even afgans are muslim 1st........ fact is india has always been ruled by other nations

More than India, it is the people who inhabit the regions of present day Pakistan who were always at the mercy of the invaders.

Islam spread in india due to the Sufi saints and their preaching. Not because of Umayyad barbarians who also massacred Prophet Mohammed's family.

Invaders didn't come to "spread Islam" ... They came for their own purposes. Islam spreaded in India due to peaceful Sufi Saints... :

Well the 'Sufi' saints basically came in the caravans of these outsiders anyway.

The carrot (Sufis) and stick (invaders) method.

There are more Muslim Jatts than either Hindu or Sikh.

That depends whether the Jats of Haryana are considered Jats by you.

you funniest thing about this tragic comedy is that Indians are a nation with the most amount of Stockholm syndrome.
They Aryans invaded, raped, plundered, and forced their religion and language onto the people of India. And now Indians are so proud of their foreign Aryan religion of Hinduism and language of Sanskrit.
The Aryans did such a good job that most Hindus would die rather then believe the historic fact that Aryans invaded them.
And the vadas are just a collection of stores of how the Aryans invaded India.

AIT currently resides in the dustbins of history. Try something better. Or it it helps you to reconcile to the fact that you follow a religion given to you by outsiders by thinking Indians also do the same, be my guest.

And LOL unlike Islam, Hinduism doesn't reside in its books or its boundaries defined by anyone. The Vedic Hinduism supposed brought by the blue eyed, blonde haired, horse riding Aryans is just one facet of Hinduism and there are much more facets in all.

In fact the Mahabarata takes place in Pakistan, where the Aryans invaded first.

Never knew Kurukshetra , Indraprastha, Hastinapur etc are also disputed territories between India and Pak.

Actually my stats are wrong present day.

In the 1900's there were more Muslim Jatts than Hindu or Sikh, but that has changed now.
hahahahahaha bro only coward and selfish jatt convert to islam ......brave jatts always fight for there mother land.....around 17% of indian army is dominated by hindu and sikh jatt....in the end jatt sikh of punjab end islamic rule in punjab, kashmir ,balochistan and north west provision.....hindu jatt give knocking punch to islamic rulers in bharthpur,agra and central india .....tell be any contribution given by muslam jatts in the history of india...

In fact the Mahabarata takes place in Pakistan, where the Aryans invaded first.

Have you ever read Mahabharat??? When people think their history starts with Muhammad Bin Qasim, we have people like you.

Back
Top Bottom