What's new

US president Barack Obama phone calls with Iranian President Rohani

After historic phone conversation with @BarackObama, President #Rouhani in plane abt to depart for Tehran. #UNGA

BVMjPXiCIAEs0dy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Iranians would never deny their love and respect towards USA ... World of Conspirators :disagree:

Americans do what is good for them. You can't expect otherwise. And looking at it from that perspective, you can't help but have respect for their system, their experience and their ideals. For example, the US is the only country in the world where the notion of the right to the pursuit of happiness is mentioned in one of the founding documents of the nation. Where else do you see such a thing? They have a much freer and open system than anywhere else I've been in the world. They respect hard work and their system rewards it. That's a very different approach than, for example, it's intimate neighbor and closest cultural counterpart, Canada.

But they respect power and they respect earning your own keep and don't necessarily extend the same ideals to everybody.

That's why before they were attempting to overpower and dismiss Iran's interests out of hand. But now they're coming to the realization that they won't succeed in doing that and that's why they've taken a more accommodating approach to Iran. That says much more about the rise of Iran in recent times than any real or imaginary conspiracies.

After 34 years!

And to those who may want to troll in this regard:
We have not surrendered to U.S! we have always said that as long as they respect our country, its rights and people, we will do the same and we don't have any fundamental problems with American people.

This is the right thing: be completely independent in politics and your affairs, while you have good relations with anyone, including the U.S. Unlike some countries who are satellite states of the U.S in the ME, that's the difference between Iran and your countries.

I hope they end the madness ASAP. Iran and USA have a long time of good and bad relations, but I hope these two countries get back to their good days. I hope politicians understand their responsibilities to these two great nations.
it's possible, but no master-puppet games. As equals yes, why not having relation.

Americans do what is good for them.
Not always my friend. Don't forget their wars... vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq.. was it really good for them? I'm glad they finished saddam and taliban, however from point of US interest it was not that good for them. Look at their debt.. all that money spent on those wars.. if it was invested in US.. imagine...

Americans do what is good for them.

Right... Just like any other country. Weather it be Iran, Russia, China etc etc etc do what's in their best interests most of the time too. Speaking as an American citizen, I would like to see normalized relations between Iran and the United States. I never had anything against Iranians in the first place. Some disagreements with Iranian Govt actions in the past maybe. Never with the Iranian general public though. Always wanted to visit Iran.

Not always my friend. Don't forget their wars... vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq.. was it really good for them? I'm glad they finished saddam and taliban, however from point of US interest it was not that good for them. Look at their debt.. all that money spent on those wars.. if it was invested in US.. imagine...

Well in the case of Iraq, they did what was good for us... lol

Shapur jan, I'm not claiming they're immune to mistakes and manipulations. All I'm saying is that from their perspective (for the most part) they have no commitments to serving the greater good of humanity or standing up for lofty universal human ideals. They have a saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. They hold an adversarial view of the world. They believe in self-responsibility. They believe that one has to help oneself. So they don't believe in giving out handouts and doing other peoples work for them. However, if they feel that you are committed to these values and are giving it your best shot, they're generous enough to help you along. Which is more than can be said for instance, for Canadians.

Now, I don't find this to be an altogether bad point of view to hold. It's very empowering, engaging and proactive. As opposed to our sometimes passive view of a predestined world.

Of course, there are notable exceptions. For example US support for Israel has been very costly and diametrically opposed US national interestrs. But that speaks more to how pro-israeli groups have brow beaten the US polictical class and how they exercise total domination on this issue within the US.

Back
Top Bottom