What's new

Iran small nuclear fusion plasma confinement device "Tokamak"

This is not about being 'muslims'. Muslim is just a religion.
To think we must respect someone just for being muslim is a ridiculous Idea.

We are Iranian before anything else. whether they are muslim is completely irrelevant.
This mean they should be respected more than our non-muslim brothers and sisters.

You need to come out of this ummah nonsense mentality. Open your eyes and you'll see one of our real enemies are these muslims. look at their jealousy in this very thread.
Islam is the only reason I consider a human my brother thousand kilometer away right in the land of my bloodthirsty enemy, where their national interests allows they to commit any war crime.
you can't even realize the difference between a Muslim country and a dictator on top of that country, difference between a Muslim country and a secular government, difference between the real Islam and some fake British made versions.
when you managed to understand this differences then you would know why Zionists are holding one after another conferences to divide Muslims.

Thanks for your kind words brother. Iran has a long way to go yet.
we still need to catch up in engine production (for rockets,jets) and need to make our own home made powerful processors. we are lagging behind in those fields. Even though we are still infant, compared to others around us, we are much ahead.

In my opinion with the sanctions on Iran for such a long time what it has achieved is remarkable. I have seen wind farms which are no way inferior then any of the western countries. Iranians' boasting about their achievement is well deserved. Countries have just vanished under UN sanctions, but Iran's strength is visible even with the longest period of sanctions in the history.

Well Done!!

Congrats on pursuing this. The more all nation work on this....the more peaceful the world will be (energy independence cuts down on conflict). The shame is in the current climate, we can't all work together on stuff like this.

WTF??? what else? U.S to build our next nuclear reactor? :lol:

Amusing :)

only a retarded person would believe this news

The news was widely reported at the time of the announcement in 2012. Here are some links, including a copy of a purported signed agreement between Azad University and Lawrenceville Plasma Physics:

Iran's Islamic Azad University Is Working With New Jersey Company Plasma Physics Research Center To Develop A Whole Different Nuclear Program - Business Insider

The journalist who wrote the piece for the UK's Guardian newspaper also followed it up with the following:

New Jersey nuclear fusion firm ratchets up Iranian collaboration | SmartPlanet
Joint U.S., Iranian nuclear peace plan hatches | SmartPlanet

However, it appears that there has been no further progress. The links to Iranian sources in the above are all broken. However, the Lawrenceville Plasma Physics site and the project site are still active:

http://www.lawrencevilleplasmaphysics.com/index.php?option=com_lyftenbloggie&author=63
Fusion for Peace: We should work together on clean energy, not go to war (this includes a mention on Voice of America's Persian TV broadcast)

Clearly, the attempt appears to be a genuine one, even if it may not have progressed further.

specially when we know that western countries don't even let Iranian students to study on nuclear field in their colleges, when we know they don't even sell food or drugs to us, when we know they arrested our university professor in his trip to U.S with the so called crime of buying some Research equipments in the past and breaking Iran's sanctions, when we know all the sanctions on Iran is because of our nuclear activities. and finally when we hear the name of university that I personally don't expect to hear anything from.

From the links above, we find that US sanctions law permits collaboration on academic projects. So-called "scientific diplomacy" is one way in which Iranian scientists have continued to collaborate, in spite of the propaganda that persists in the mainstream media, with colleagues from countries with overtly hostile governments (even Israelis, see project SESAME, the second link below):

The United States and Iran | Science & Diplomacy
Israel, Iran help sustain Amman-based particle accelerator | The Jordan Times

Many people don't realize that even with all the hostility, most academics still value collaboration with their fellow scientist. My mother traveled to Russia (back when Putin was still the new guy), to help bring supplies to struggling Universities. She was very impressed at the dedication of the Russian faculty and students under conditions that would have American students in tears.

Amusing :)

The news was widely reported at the time of the announcement in 2012. Here are some links, including a copy of a purported signed agreement between Azad University and Lawrenceville Plasma Physics:

Iran's Islamic Azad University Is Working With New Jersey Company Plasma Physics Research Center To Develop A Whole Different Nuclear Program - Business Insider

The journalist who wrote the piece for the UK's Guardian newspaper also followed it up with the following:

New Jersey nuclear fusion firm ratchets up Iranian collaboration | SmartPlanet
Joint U.S., Iranian nuclear peace plan hatches | SmartPlanet

However, it appears that there has been no further progress. The links to Iranian sources in the above are all broken. However, the Lawrenceville Plasma Physics site and the project site are still active:

http://www.lawrencevilleplasmaphysics.com/index.php?option=com_lyftenbloggie&author=63
Fusion for Peace: We should work together on clean energy, not go to war (this includes a mention on Voice of America's Persian TV broadcast)

Clearly, the attempt appears to be a genuine one, even if it may not have progressed further.

From the links above, we find that US sanctions law permits collaboration on academic projects. So-called "scientific diplomacy" is one way in which Iranian scientists have continued to collaborate, in spite of the propaganda that persists in the mainstream media, with colleagues from countries with overtly hostile governments (even Israelis, see project SESAME, the second link below):

The United States and Iran | Science & Diplomacy
Israel, Iran help sustain Amman-based particle accelerator | The Jordan Times
yet you are falling for their propaganda, voice of america? you can't imagine how much this channel is hated in Iran for all the lies they have broadcasted. that's just a cover for all the dirty crimes they commit.
as I said they wont even let our students to study on nuclear field in their universities, in 2011 they invited our scientist Dr. Mojtaba Atarodi for an electronic conference, yet as soon as his arrival, they arrested him for the crime of buying research equipments for Sharif university in Iran.

now I give you two choice: either believe a picture which I don't even need Photoshop to create it or believe the reality: harshest sanctions on Iran, terroring 4 Iranian scientists and finally arresting our scientist in U.S.
choice is yours.

yet you are falling for their propaganda, voice of america? you can't imagine how much this channel is hated in Iran for all the lies they have broadcasted. that's just a cover for all the dirty crimes they commit.
as I said they wont even let our students to study on nuclear field in their universities, in 2011 they invited our scientist Dr. Mojtaba Atarodi for an electronic conference, yet as soon as his arrival, they arrested him for the crime of buying research equipments for Sharif university in Iran.

now I give you two choice: either believe a picture which I don't even need Photoshop to create it or believe the reality: harshest sanctions on Iran, terroring 4 Iranian scientists and finally arresting our scientist in U.S.
choice is yours.

Relax, bro - I am NOT disagreeing with you. I simply wanted to highlight the fact that there is another facet to this, which DOES involve co-operation amongst scientists internationally. And yes, you are right - the VoA piece does raise credibility issues about the original news item, however this needs to be balanced with the other available information about the "Fusion for Peace" project.

well , I guess some post here show some of our friends even don't knew what is the use of Tokamak . come on guys its the worst design if you are going to produce a Fusion Bomb . its just some research project on containing plasma in a magnetic field.

and not for the Iran but for the rest of the worlds its also years till we see a economically acceptable fusion reactor.

and by the way this is the list of all active and inactive Tokamak
Currently in operation

(in chronological order of start of operations)
Alcator C-Mod

TM1-MH (since 1977 Castor, since 2007 Golem[9]) in Prague, Czech Republic; in operation in Kurchatov Institute since early 1960s; 1977 renamed to Castor and moved to IPP CAS,[10] Prague; 2007 moved to FNSPE, Czech Technical University in Prague, and renamed to Golem[11]
H-1NF H-1 National Plasma Fusion Research Facility, h1nF[12] based on the H-1 Heliac device built by Australia National University's plasma physics group and in operation since 1992
T-10, in Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia (formerly Soviet Union); 2 MW; in operation since 1975
TEXTOR, in Jülich, Germany; in operation since 1978
Joint European Torus (JET), in Culham, United Kingdom; 16 MW; in operation since 1983
Novillo Tokamak,[13] at the Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Nucleares,in Mexico City, Mexico; in operation since 1983
JT-60, in Naka, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan; in operation since 1985 (Currently undergoing upgrade to Super, Advanced model)
STOR-M, University of Saskatchewan; Canada in operation since 1987; first demonstration of alternating current in a tokamak.
Tore Supra,[14] at the CEA, Cadarache, France; in operation since 1988
Aditya, at Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) in Gujarat, India; in operation since 1989
DIII-D,[15] in San Diego, USA; operated by General Atomics since the late 1980s
COMPASS,[10] in Prague, Czech Republic; in operation since 2008, previously operated from 1989 to 1999 in Culham, United Kingdom
FTU, in Frascati, Italy; in operation since 1990
Tokamak ISTTOK,[16] at the Instituto de Plasmas e Fusão Nuclear, Lisbon, Portugal; in operation since 1991
Outside view of the NSTX reactor
ASDEX Upgrade, in Garching, Germany; in operation since 1991
Alcator C-Mod,[17] MIT, Cambridge, USA; in operation since 1992
Tokamak à configuration variable (TCV), at the EPFL, Switzerland; in operation since 1992
TCABR, at the University of São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil; this tokamak was transferred from Centre des Recherches en Physique des Plasmas in Switzerland; in operation since 1994.
HT-7, in Hefei, China; in operation since 1995
HL-2A, in Chengdu, China; in operation since 2002
MAST, in Culham, United Kingdom; in operation since 1999
NSTX in Princeton, New Jersey; in operation since 1999
Pegasus Toroidal Experiment[18] at the University of Wisconsin-Madison; in operation since the late 1990s
EAST (HT-7U), in Hefei, China; in operation since 2006
KSTAR, in Daejon, South Korea; in operation since 2008
SST-1, in Institute for Plasma Research Gandhinagar, India; 1000 seconds operation.[19]
IR-T1, Islamic Azad University, Science and Research Branch, Tehran, Iran[20]

Previously operated
The control room of the Alcator C tokamak at the MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center, in about 1982–1983.

LT-1, Australia National University's plasma physics group built the first tokamak outside of Soviet Union c. 1963
T-3, in Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia (formerly Soviet Union);
T-4, in Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia (formerly Soviet Union); in operation in 1968
Texas Turbulent Tokamak, University of Texas, USA; in operation from 1971 to 1980.
Tokamak de Fontenay aux Roses (TFR), near Paris, France
Alcator A and Alcator C, MIT, USA; in operation from 1973 until 1979 and from 1978 until 1987, respectively.
TFTR, Princeton University, USA; in operation from 1982 until 1997
T-15, in Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia (formerly Soviet Union); 10 MW; in operation from 1988 until 2005
UCLA Electric Tokamak, in Los Angeles, United States; in operation from 1999 to 2005
Tokamak de Varennes; Varennes, Canada; in operation from 1987 until 1999; operated by Hydro-Québec and used by researchers from Institut de recherche en électricité du Québec (IREQ) and the Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS)
START in Culham, United Kingdom; in operation from 1991 until 1998
COMPASS in Culham; in operation until 2001
HL-1M Tokamak,Chengdu,China; in operation from 1994 to 2001
MT-1 Tokamak, Budapest, Hungary 1979-1998 (Built at the Kurchatov Institute, Russia, transported to Hungary in 1979, rebuilt in 1991 to MT-1M)

Planned

ITER, international project in Cadarache, France; 500 MW; construction began in 2010, first plasma expected in 2020.[21]
DEMO; 2000 MW, continuous operation, connected to power grid. Planned successor to ITER; construction to begin in 2024 according to preliminary timetable.

by the way Tokamak is only one class of Fusion experimental devices , we must also investigate other form of such devices

The very important thing is we learn how to make these thing smaller.
This is an excellent start for Iran.

Pakistan is already building one:

Pakistani Navy to Develop Nuclear-Powered Submarines: Reports | Defense News | defensenews.com

In an ideal situation, both Iran and Pakistan would be building one together!

No it's not. There is no domestic nuclear industry in Pakistan and China isn't going to be transferring boomer tech to you.

EDIT: Go ahead, prove me wrong.

https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts Google Patents
http://scholar.google.com.au/ Google Scholar

Find me the papers and patents from Pakistan that shows nuclear development

No it's not. There is no domestic nuclear industry in Pakistan and China isn't going to be transferring boomer tech to you.

There's a 55-page thread about this already here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...r-submarine-development-news-discussions.html

It is riddled with Indian trolls insisting the very same thing as yourself. I won't take your bait and derail this thread by responding to your childish taunt.

EDIT: Go ahead, prove me wrong.

https://www.google.com/?tbm=pts Google Patents
Google Scholar Google Scholar

Find me the papers and patents from Pakistan that shows nuclear development

Better still, YOU find me the papers and patents in those very sites that show that Pakistan has nuclear weapons in the first place. After all, if it isn't on Google Patents / Google Scholar, it couldn't possibly exist, right?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom